Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jerome Simpson indicted on drug charge
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:
Carl Nicks

Could have had Nicks in the 5th round in '08, but took Jason Shirley instead.
flashmore

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we'd have taken Nicks in the 5th in '08, with Paul Alexander coaching him, there's no way he'd be an elite guard now.
Beck Bristow

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does everyone from England love the Bengals?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beck Bristow wrote:
Does everyone from England love the Bengals?

I'm pretty sure the Bengals had more wins this year, than there are Bengal fans in the UK.

I understand the annual meeting of UK Bengal fans this year is to take place in a yet to be determined phone booth someplace......
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It appears Mr. Simpson isn't as dumb as we all thought:

Quote:
Simpson's attorney says although the package was delivered to Simpson's home, it was addressed to another person.

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2012/2/20/2811672/cincinnati-bengals-jerome-simpson-marijuana-court-drug-trafficking-update

theJ

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:

Quote:
Simpson's attorney says although the package was delivered to Simpson's home, it was addressed to another person.

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2012/2/20/2811672/cincinnati-bengals-jerome-simpson-marijuana-court-drug-trafficking-update

Smart enough to have the sender address it a fake name perhaps...

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:

Quote:

Smart enough to have the sender address it a fake name perhaps...

Hopefully the fake name was Nate Livings...
sparky151

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw somewhere that the adressee was a real person living with Simpson, not sure if it was his girlfriend or brother. The girlfriend signed for it and I think the cops raided immediately so Jerome probably never had possession of it.
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparky151 wrote:
Saw somewhere that the adressee was a real person living with Simpson, not sure if it was his girlfriend or brother. The girlfriend signed for it and I think the cops raided immediately so Jerome probably never had possession of it.

This is what may save him yet. If the name was of someone else living there, it provides reasonable doubt as to whether or not he had anything to do with it at all. Since Simpson was never in possession of it, he can't be charged with that either (which he hasn't, I believe).

The reasonable doubt may be enough to get him off the hook legally, but when it comes to Roger Gooddell, it has nothinmg to do with it. Roger will probably decide he looked guilty and suspend him for awhile anyway.
theJ

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
sparky151 wrote:

This is what may save him yet. If the name was of someone else living there, it provides reasonable doubt as to whether or not he had anything to do with it at all. Since Simpson was never in possession of it, he can't be charged with that either (which he hasn't, I believe).

The reasonable doubt may be enough to get him off the hook legally, but when it comes to Roger Gooddell, it has nothinmg to do with it. Roger will probably decide he looked guilty and suspend him for awhile anyway.

Yeah he'll still get 4 games.

THE DUKE

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone even want Simpson resigned? I know I don't. Even in a contract year where he was fighting for his job and given a chance to start, he was wildly inconsistent and was having weed delivered to his house (or at least allowing things like that to occur).

Unless he'll sign a 2-3 year deal at the vet minimum, pass.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:
Does anyone even want Simpson resigned? I know I don't. Even in a contract year where he was fighting for his job and given a chance to start, he was wildly inconsistent and was having weed delivered to his house (or at least allowing things like that to occur).

I wouldn't mind having him back but I would also sign a legit #2. We all knew (Or should have) that Simpson would take a while to learn the playbook...
theJ

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
THE DUKE wrote:

I wouldn't mind having him back but I would also sign a legit #2. We all knew (Or should have) that Simpson would take a while to learn the playbook...

I don't want him back. At best he's a backup for the #2 spot, but he doesn't play ST's. So that makes him a gameday inactive.

Let me put it this way. Should the charges be dropped, i wouldn't mind if they brought him back on a 1 year deal, vet minimum. Go into training camp with a battle for the #2 spot between him and whoever else we bring in. If he legit wins it, then fine. But if not, he can't make the team.

Spartan300

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a huge fan of his. Wouldn't mind having him back but not a priority to keep in my opinion.
sparky151

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind upgrading from Simpson in real life. In the FFMD mock, most of the top receivers are off the market and we're trying to decide whether or not to keep Jerome. I'm in favor of it but if you have a preference either way as a Bengals fan, put your two cents in in the FFMD war room thread.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: