Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Official Oregon Ducks Thread, v3.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 82, 83, 84 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buckrock101

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Help us, UCLA. You're our only hope.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oregon beats Oregon State
UCLA beats Stanford
USC beats Notre Dame
Florida State beats Florida

Oregon beats UCLA

Don't give up hope guys Very Happy

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
I hear within 5 years the fans at Jags games will be able to vote via Twitter on the in-game playcalls.
swoosh

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not so sure we even need UCLA to beat Stanford.

- Oregon beats Oregon State
- USC beats Notre Dame
- Florida State beats Florida

We're #5 right now behind Notre Dame, Alabama, Georgia, and Florida. They'd definitely pass Florida if they lost, putting them at #4. There's a great chance they'd pass Notre Dame because they were in front of them last week when they were both undefeated and Oregon would have the better loss. That would move Oregon to #3 behind Alabama and Georgia. Alabama and Georgia would then play each other, so we'd pass the loser.

So I think if those three things happen, we'd be playing in the Natty against the winner of the SEC.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just float it up to Marqise Lee, Wittek!

Oregon RB Tracker
Marshall: 99 rush yds(7.6), 174 rec yds(15.8 ), 2 TDs
Tyner: 97 rush yds(4.0), 15 rec yds(3.0), 1 TD
Freeman: 164 rush yds(7.1), 33 rec yds(11.0), 4 TDs
Eksynyt

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do we really want to play for the Natty vs Alabama at this point? I feel like it would just be the same thing again. Oregon gets exposed by another top defense and we lose. Then people start thinking we're never truly elite and we never rise beyond #5 in the rankings again because everyone always just assumes we will suck when we play good teams.

Never mind the fact that we beat most of the teams we play. I guess our program is just useless to those idiots.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swoosh wrote:
I'm not so sure we even need UCLA to beat Stanford.

- USC beats Notre Dame

We're #5 right now behind Notre Dame, Alabama, Georgia, and Florida. They'd definitely pass Florida if they lost, putting them at #4. There's a great chance they'd pass Notre Dame because they were in front of them last week when they were both undefeated and Oregon would have the better loss. That would move Oregon to #3 behind Alabama and Georgia. Alabama and Georgia would then play each other, so we'd pass the loser.

So I think if those three things happen, we'd be playing in the Natty against the winner of the SEC.
This is it. Playing UCLa just means another chance to lose at this point.

BTW UCLA will be a team to reckon with. He has them playing very well.

Sig bet
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Brad Edwards ‏@JBradEdwards

If ND and Florida both lose Saturday, it's hard to see anyone other than Oregon finishing No. 2 (unless Ducks lose again)

Sig bet
swoosh

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatebeanz wrote:
Quote:
Brad Edwards ‏@JBradEdwards

If ND and Florida both lose Saturday, it's hard to see anyone other than Oregon finishing No. 2 (unless Ducks lose again)

Just as I thought. I'd also be interesting to see what would happen if Florida won. In this situation, we'd need UCLA to beat Stanford. And Oregon to beat Oregon State and UCLA. I think we'd get in over Florida.

What for sure needs to happen:
- USC beats Notre Dame

One of:
- UCLA beats Stanford (then Oregon beats UCLA)

I think we're in if this happens.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 0 confidence in this crap USC team. Mora is by far the best coach in LA now and USC is gonna lose.

We could also have Auburn pull a shocker to save Chiziks career then Bama be pissed and stomp UGA. That would also work Wink

Sig bet
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Chip Kelly has announced that redshirt freshman WR Devon Blackmon intends to transfer. He appeared in 2 gms this season

Sig bet
swoosh

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatebeanz wrote:
I have 0 confidence in this crap USC team. Mora is by far the best coach in LA now and USC is gonna lose.

We could also have Auburn pull a shocker to save Chiziks career then Bama be pissed and stomp UGA. That would also work Wink

Put it this way: USC is WAY better than BYU, Pittsburgh, and Purdue. All three teams barely lost to ND at their house. This is a HUGE rivalry game and USC will be pissed and hungry to knock ND out of the title race. They've got nothing to lose. Kiffin is going to do whatever it takes: go for 2, onside kicks you'll see it all. The game is in USC which definitely helps (ND has only played three road games this year). I wouldn't be so sure USC is going to lose.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swoosh wrote:
skatebeanz wrote:

Put it this way: USC is WAY better than BYU, Pittsburgh, and Purdue. All three teams barely lost to ND at their house. This is a HUGE rivalry game and USC will be pissed and hungry to knock ND out of the title race. They've got nothing to lose. Kiffin is going to do whatever it takes: go for 2, onside kicks you'll see it all. The game is in USC which definitely helps (ND has only played three road games this year). I wouldn't be so sure USC is going to lose.

ND has won by an average of 25.4 points per game away from home.

I'll give you the rest of those points.
swoosh

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGoldenChild wrote:
swoosh wrote:
skatebeanz wrote:

True, but three games is a small sample size. Two of those wins were against Michigan State (meh) and BC (crap).

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swoosh wrote:
TheGoldenChild wrote:
swoosh wrote:
skatebeanz wrote:

True, but three games is a small sample size. Two of those wins were against Michigan State (meh) and BC (crap).

I included two neutral site games.
swoosh

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGoldenChild wrote:
swoosh wrote:
TheGoldenChild wrote:
swoosh wrote:
skatebeanz wrote:

I included two neutral site games.

I know Navy was at a neutral site, what was the other?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 82, 83, 84 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 83 of 99

Jump to: