Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Weight Loss Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 89, 90, 91  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
MaddHatter


Joined: 29 Nov 2006
Posts: 45031
Location: ROH Class of 14
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

james.mcmurry13 wrote:
I bought a juicer a while ago, just used it for the first time. Put 2 apples, some broccoli, and a buttload of kale. It ended up tasting like a pumpkin/grass mix, but I survived it. I think I'm going to try to replace one meal per day with juice for the next month, see how that goes.


Enjoy the sugar high Smile
_________________


Sig courtesy of mack.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
james.mcmurry13


Moderator
Joined: 28 Dec 2006
Posts: 32410
Location: North Carolina
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
james.mcmurry13 wrote:
I bought a juicer a while ago, just used it for the first time. Put 2 apples, some broccoli, and a buttload of kale. It ended up tasting like a pumpkin/grass mix, but I survived it. I think I'm going to try to replace one meal per day with juice for the next month, see how that goes.


Enjoy the sugar high Smile


LOL. Nothing near a sugar high with what I made. For the record the apples are pretty small, and thats the only sugar in this. The Kale and Broccoli accounted for about 80% of the drink.

There are some recipes that came with the juicer, hopefully I can find some things in there that are a little tastier.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
msuspartans#1


Joined: 20 Feb 2005
Posts: 4317
Location: MI-TN-CO
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's amazing how much weight I lose when I get back to school just from walking to and from class. I came back for summer around 240 and I worked out all summer and got down to 230ish. I'm down to 220 now and have been drinking a decent amount too so im sort of surprised.
_________________
Life is like an item box: you never know what you're gonna get.....unless you're in last place, then you will probably get lightning
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
amazingandre


Joined: 16 Dec 2007
Posts: 14153
Location: Elkhorn, WI
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no self control or motivation, I suck
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
skywindO2


Joined: 06 Jul 2006
Posts: 14337
Location: Minneapolis, MN
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't posted here in a while, but I haven't given up, entirely.

Summer is always tough to keep going, with barbeques and camping trips and what not. At the very least, I didn't really gain weight and I'm still hovering around 240, which is down down 20-25 pounds for the year.

I've still been working out too and made some good progress. Just tonight, I finished week 8(of 9) of C25K. It's been, fun, but the last half, I've been running at the nature trails by my apartment and see a lot of bikers there. I kind of want to get a bike, it looks like more fun than running.

This last quarter of the year, I'm hoping to really make some progress, and get as close to 200 as I can.
_________________

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つZIMMER༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tom cody


Joined: 01 Sep 2007
Posts: 8628
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still maintaining my 10 pounds gone but finding it hard to lose the next 10 pounds. Part of the problem for me is working at a job where you're hardly ever busy so you're constantly eating sweets. Oh well the job's finished in a couple weeks so hopefully I'll get to walking more and eating less at that time. Turning 30 this week so I know the time is now to get the weight under control again.
_________________
Me lose brain? Uh, oh! Ha ha ha! Why I laugh?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
RainbowCarebear


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 36324
Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any way to lose some weight on the stomic? Or should I just focus on losing weight?

My shoulder/collarbone area is relative skinny, and my hips aswell. But my stomic just booms out
_________________

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 47651
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Any way to lose some weight on the stomic? Or should I just focus on losing weight?

My shoulder/collarbone area is relative skinny, and my hips aswell. But my stomic just booms out


How in the world did you just spell "stomach"?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RainbowCarebear


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 36324
Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Any way to lose some weight on the stomic? Or should I just focus on losing weight?

My shoulder/collarbone area is relative skinny, and my hips aswell. But my stomic just booms out


How in the world did you just spell "stomach"?


I have no idea. My brain is dead after the Ravens-Eagles game. Laughing
_________________

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mcmurtry86


Joined: 02 Mar 2010
Posts: 24713
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skywindO2 wrote:
Haven't posted here in a while, but I haven't given up, entirely.

Summer is always tough to keep going, with barbeques and camping trips and what not. At the very least, I didn't really gain weight and I'm still hovering around 240, which is down down 20-25 pounds for the year.


How does one gorge oneself (or break a diet) on a camping trip? You're out in nature, presumably walking around/hiking/being active and eating (presumably) prepared foods.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
skywindO2


Joined: 06 Jul 2006
Posts: 14337
Location: Minneapolis, MN
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
skywindO2 wrote:
Haven't posted here in a while, but I haven't given up, entirely.

Summer is always tough to keep going, with barbeques and camping trips and what not. At the very least, I didn't really gain weight and I'm still hovering around 240, which is down down 20-25 pounds for the year.


How does one gorge oneself (or break a diet) on a camping trip? You're out in nature, presumably walking around/hiking/being active and eating (presumably) prepared foods.

Beer.
_________________

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つZIMMER༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fretgod99


Moderator
Joined: 05 Aug 2005
Posts: 19300
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
green24 wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Any way to lose some weight on the stomic? Or should I just focus on losing weight?

My shoulder/collarbone area is relative skinny, and my hips aswell. But my stomic just booms out
How in the world did you just spell "stomach"?
I have no idea. My brain is dead after the Ravens-Eagles game. Laughing
You can't lose weight in spots; you just lose weight. Typically speaking, fat follows a last-in, first-out model. The fat you put on last is the fat you'll lose first.
_________________

MrDrew wrote:
Can somebody give me a good reason there's not a giant statue to fret somewhere?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
skywindO2


Joined: 06 Jul 2006
Posts: 14337
Location: Minneapolis, MN
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fat stack?
_________________

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つZIMMER༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fretgod99


Moderator
Joined: 05 Aug 2005
Posts: 19300
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back under 200 pounds (199.5 - still counts!) for the first time in a while.

Down ~20 pounds since the middle of July. Feels good.
_________________

MrDrew wrote:
Can somebody give me a good reason there's not a giant statue to fret somewhere?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
twslhs20


Joined: 28 Feb 2008
Posts: 12470
Location: Where the true depth of one's soul doesn't resonate with the world
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fretgod99 wrote:
Back under 200 pounds (199.5 - still counts!) for the first time in a while.

Down ~20 pounds since the middle of July. Feels good.


trying to force myself to run in 45 degree weather Sad
_________________

Joe_is_the_best ^^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 89, 90, 91  Next
Page 59 of 91

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group