Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Weight Loss Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 89, 90, 91  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
amazingandre

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject: The Weight Loss Thread Reply with quote

I did get permission from Webby to create this, so no merging or locking please.....

This thread is created for those looking to lose weight. The fitness thread is great, but it is mainly used for weight lifting and gaining muscle more than anything. This gives people who are losing weight, want to lose weight, or for those who did lose weight a chance to discuss all of that and more.

For me I started off at 241 (almost 4 weeks ago) and decided to do P90x. I have tried many times before and quit p90x, but this time I am in 30 days (almost). At the 2 week mark I lost 5 pounds, but with the holidays in between and with the playoffs here I think I have fallen off the diet some, but back on it now. I weigh in on Saturday and take my 30 day pics then, hopefully I am doing good. My biggest thing is the South Beach diet, I do not quite understand it and I cannot seem to find foods that I like on the approved lists.....any suggestions?

Any others have stories?

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Re: The Weight Loss Thread Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
I did get permission from Webby to create this, so no merging or locking please.....

This thread is created for those looking to lose weight. The fitness thread is great, but it is mainly used for weight lifting and gaining muscle more than anything. This gives people who are losing weight, want to lose weight, or for those who did lose weight a chance to discuss all of that and more.

For me I started off at 241 (almost 4 weeks ago) and decided to do P90x. I have tried many times before and quit p90x, but this time I am in 30 days (almost). At the 2 week mark I lost 5 pounds, but with the holidays in between and with the playoffs here I think I have fallen off the diet some, but back on it now. I weigh in on Saturday and take my 30 day pics then, hopefully I am doing good. My biggest thing is the South Beach diet, I do not quite understand it and I cannot seem to find foods that I like on the approved lists.....any suggestions?

Any others have stories?

grow 3.5 inches and work for a handyman. I went from 170-175 (at about 5-10) to like 6-1 145 inbetween my junior and senior year of high school. I wasn't "fat" but I had a pudge, then after that summer I've been rail thin ever since

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
buno67

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Re: The Weight Loss Thread Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
. The fitness thread is great, but it is mainly used for weight lifting and gaining muscle more than anything. This gives people who are losing weight, want to lose weight, or for those who did lose weight a chance to discuss all of that and more.

I might be a novice or something about this but I thought weight lifting helps lose weight lol the fitness thread is just a thread where were able to talk about overall fitness of losing weight, gaining weight, and dieting tips and etc lol

but ill be in this thread but im in my weight loss phase lol

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: The Weight Loss Thread Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:
amazingandre wrote:

Any others have stories?

grow 3.5 inches and work for a handyman. I went from 170-175 (at about 5-10) to like 6-1 145 inbetween my junior and senior year of high school. I wasn't "fat" but I had a pudge, then after that summer I've been rail thin ever since

LOL I am only 24, doubt I grow much more, only 5 8 on a good day Wink

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject: Re: The Weight Loss Thread Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
. The fitness thread is great, but it is mainly used for weight lifting and gaining muscle more than anything. This gives people who are losing weight, want to lose weight, or for those who did lose weight a chance to discuss all of that and more.

I might be a novice or something about this but I thought weight lifting helps lose weight lol the fitness thread is just a thread where were able to talk about overall fitness of losing weight, gaining weight, and dieting tips and etc lol

Very true, but they never talk about that really there. Its all about increasing MR and maxing out muscles. This is geared specifically for weight loss, which I am sure there are numerous posters out there trying to lose weight.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:24 pm    Post subject: Re: The Weight Loss Thread Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
buno67 wrote:
amazingandre wrote:

Very true, but they never talk about that really there. Its all about increasing MR and maxing out muscles. This is geared specifically for weight loss, which I am sure there are numerous posters out there trying to lose weight.

oh I know I was just being a smartass

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm also on the weight loss kick now, I'm a week and a half in, am walking every day for 45 minutes to an hour and have given up soda. Have lost 3 and a half pounds so far. I want to lose 30 pounds. It's going to be hard to lose weight but it can be done.
x0x

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went from 180lb to 240 my first year of college.

That summer I got back to tennis and in 4 months time lost 80lbs.

NOW, I have to say that my metabolism genetically has always been very good and that dropping that much weight is generally not a positive.

I've maintained 190-200lb on a 6"1 frame with substantial muscle for about ten years now.

I've gone as high as 215lb at one point when I was constantly working but I now just do basic work. Push-ups, sit-ups and chin-ups every day keep me in line.

My girlfriend has struggled throughout to maintain her weight.

She's 5"8 and has swung between 140 and 180lbs. I do have to say she has a large chest so some of that weight is.....good Wink

With women it's harder because they often have slower metabolisms and their bodies store fat more strongly than men.
beavsandpatsfan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

started at 238 and am down to around 150. trying to lose 15 more pounds and then will bulk. it feels great to have most of the weight off. I've also went from an xxl to an m.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was 195 last winter. Started lifting and joined flag football. Cut out almost all soda and started eating healthier. Got down to 185 then had to stop working out due to school. Didn't join a gym during the summer cause I was cheap. Got back to school, started lifting again and had to abandon it again. Started lifting again after Thanksgiving. Started at 185, down to 182 right now.

But I'm not really trying to lose weight so much as cut up.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People generally think I weigh about 40 pounds less than I actually do. Even if they were right, I'd still have at least 40 to go to get where I want to be. So yeah, I'm game.

Side note, even thought I know its more normal, my first instinct when I see you guys talking about getting down under ~170 is "wut". My lean weight is around 170.
nfldraftguru1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

x0x wrote:
I went from 180lb to 240 my first year of college.

That summer I got back to tennis and in 4 months time lost 80lbs.

NOW, I have to say that my metabolism genetically has always been very good and that dropping that much weight is generally not a positive.

I've maintained 190-200lb on a 6"1 frame with substantial muscle for about ten years now.

I've gone as high as 215lb at one point when I was constantly working but I now just do basic work. Push-ups, sit-ups and chin-ups every day keep me in line.

My girlfriend has struggled throughout to maintain her weight.

She's 5"8 and has swung between 140 and 180lbs. I do have to say she has a large chest so some of that weight is.....good Wink

With women it's harder because they often have slower metabolisms and their bodies store fat more strongly than men.

My GF is trying to drop some weight (like 15 or so), she's playing basketball right now just wondering if anyone had any ideas to help out?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

james.mcmurry13 wrote:
People generally think I weigh about 40 pounds less than I actually do. Even if they were right, I'd still have at least 40 to go to get where I want to be. So yeah, I'm game.

Side note, even thought I know its more normal, my first instinct when I see you guys talking about getting down under ~170 is "wut". My lean weight is around 170.

I know that feel bro.

My lean weight is 190 and I'm 6'0.

When I used to weigh 350 pounds, people would guess I was 280. Laughing

Always been like that, though, I carry weight really well.

mission27 wrote:
Mesa_Titan is God.

#JDI
crunk-colt

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'll join this thread when i finish bulking Laughing

i have 0 experience with weight loss. it's gonna be weird.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most people online don't know this about me, mostly because I have some anxiety issues surrounding it, but I felt like maybe it would be good to talk about this with others who are on the same journey.

I have been on a journey of health for just over 4 years. I lost 95 pounds, felt amazing, stalled in a major major way when the scale wouldn't budge when I was doing everything correctly, eating 1500 calories a day, exercising roughly 5 times a week, etc. So, I stalled for a year, had some emotional things happen to me. Had some feelings of I was sick of saying no to everything-going out to eat, having cake at a birthday party, etc, so I started doing that, and gained maybe a little less than a 1/4 of the weight back. Working through that right now. I know it's mostly diet, as I still work out 5 days a week. Doesn't help that my metabolism is about as fast as a turtle, and some days I feel like I could gain weight from simply looking at a cookie.

Anyway, after my wake up call (s) in 2007, I started eating differently, started going to the gym, starting reading lots of books, etc on weight loss, and healthy living to help keep me motivated. After I dropped the first 30 or so and stalled, I started a journal of calorie counting, and keeping track of my exercise. That help a bunch.

So, yeah, that's a small tidbit about myself in the last 4 years.

Embarassed

Thanks BenderRodriguez for the sig!
BornToFly's Relationship Advice v.17

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 89, 90, 91  Next
Page 1 of 91

Jump to: