Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Predicting the season
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChrisSmith1987

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:54 am    Post subject: Predicting the season Reply with quote

Colts 12-W 4-L ---- Packers 12-W 4-L
Steelers 12-W 4-L ----Seahawks 12-W 4-L
Chiefs 12-W 4-L ----Cowboys 12-W 4-L
Patriots 11-W 5-L ----Falcons 11-W 5-L
Broncos 10-W 6-L ----Rams 10-W 6-L
Dolphins 10-W 6-L ----Cards 10-W 6-L
Ravens 10-W 6-L ----Panthers 10-W 6-L
Chargers 9-W 7-L ----Eagles 9-W 7-L
Bills 8-W 8-L ----Vikings 9-W 7-L
Bengals 8-W 8-L ----Giants 9-W 7-L
Browns 6-W 10-L ----Lions 9-W 7-L
Jets 6-W 10 L ----Giants 9-W 7L
Texan 5-W 11-L ----Bears 3-W 13-L
Titans 3-W 13-L ----Redskins 3-W 13-L
Jaguars 2-W 14-L ----Buccs 3-W 13-L
Raiders 2-W 14-L ----49ers 2-W 14-L

Chiefs Schedule: Overall 12-W 4-L
W1:KC Hou- Hou still has no QB and now no RB.
W2:Den KC-We are finally good enough to win at home vs Broncos
W3:KC GB-GB is the Elite team this year
W4:KC Cinn-Think we are slightly better then them in every aspect
W5:Chi KC-Chi will have a terrible down year
W6:KC Minn-Our defense is better
W7:Pit KC-Pit is another Elite team
W8:Det KC-Det can throw the ball, we are best at defending it.
W9 BYE
W10:KC Den-Denver is to much at home
W11:KC SD-Have not had issues vs Bolts
W12:Buff KC-Another team with no QB
W13:KC Oak-Who are the Raiders....but they tend to beat us... shouldn't happen this time
W14:SD KC-Look above.
W15:KC Bal-This is another game based on toughness, Flaco gets the nod here.
W16:Cle KC-Still the Browns, wait for Manziel to grow up tho, could be special.
W17:Oak KC-Look above.
KC_Guy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinda optimistic approach .. 5-1 within the division??
Some close calls, quite a few based on the assumption of QB malfunction.

While I'm not afraid of OAK I wouldn't just brush them off as "Who are the Raiders?" That approach leads to disaster. Carr seems to be really good, and they added some big pieces to the puzzle that's called NFL roster.
ChrisSmith1987

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was a joke, read the second part. They constantly find ways to split the games with us. But, we are a much more complete team this year and don't see us losing a game we should win. Notice I don't have us beating an elite team although we have always showed up for Monday night games, GB is a legit team and hard to beat at home. Teams Like Oakland, Cle, Buff deserve a lot more respect but still beatable teams. Only games I really question are the Det and Cinny, but give us the nod due to matchups.
KC_Guy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChrisSmith1987 wrote:
Was a joke, read the second part. They constantly find ways to split the games with us. But, we are a much more complete team this year and don't see us losing a game we should win. Notice I don't have us beating an elite team although we have always showed up for Monday night games, GB is a legit team and hard to beat at home. Teams Like Oakland, Cle, Buff deserve a lot more respect but still beatable teams. Only games I really question are the Det and Cinny, but give us the nod due to matchups.

I'll be at the Detroit game in London - will let you know how it went.

BTW: Anyone else going? Didn't see our Frenchman (entombed) for a while ... may be he finally doesn't manage to lift the coffin lid any more ..
onejayhawk

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

19-0 SB Champs
#1 Scoring Offense
#1 Scoring D
#1 Scoring ST

OK. Seriously, just the last one. The third one is possible, but the NYJ and Bills will be a tough mountain. I expect them to pass the Seahawks.

In this division, with this schedule, 10-6, 2nd.

J

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is not showing disrespect to the Raiders. The Raiders are not a laugh stock they use to be, but it takes a lot to get marginally better in the NFL. They are a team on the rise, and once the rest of the NFL notices them, they'll get some good FA.

NYJ have a great team with no QB, Sheldon Richardson in trouble with the law. Millner is out for how many week?

Bills are even better defensively, but have an aged Matt Cassel as starting QB?

I love underdogs and would love for the RAIDERS, REDSKINS, BEARS, BILLS, JETS become good not being a so called "HOMER" I like to think I have a great knowledge of every football team in the NFL, I have looked at every aspect of each team. Raiders winning 2 games is not a bad thing but look at who they play and drawl up more wins for me!.....

How are you going to say SD is going to beat us when our backups have handled them 2 years in a row.... What does both SD and DEN excel at? The pass.... what are the chiefs good at? Right... Pass D.

Den is a lot easier to defend against with the loss of D. Thomas (TE) and their O-line is shaky with injuries.
ChrisSmith1987

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Find me more games..... I have them beating Cle and Tenn, maybe CHI.....

Cinn vs Oak
Bal vs Oak
Oak vs Cle
Oak vs Chi
Den vs Oak
bye
Oak vs SD
NYJ vs Oak
Oak vs Pitt
Minn vs Oak
Oak vs Det
Oak vs Tenn
KC vs Oak
Oak vs Den
GB vs Oak
SD vs Oak
Oak vs KC
big_palooka

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChrisSmith1987 wrote:
This is not showing disrespect to the Raiders. The Raiders are not a laugh stock they use to be, but it takes a lot to get marginally better in the NFL. They are a team on the rise, and once the rest of the NFL notices them, they'll get some good FA.

Correct... but you have them getting marginally worse despite the fact are a team who is better top to bottom than the last 2 year where they won at least 4 games.

ChrisSmith1987 wrote:
I love underdogs and would love for the RAIDERS, REDSKINS, BEARS, BILLS, JETS become good not being a so called "HOMER" I like to think I have a great knowledge of every football team in the NFL, I have looked at every aspect of each team. Raiders winning 2 games is not a bad thing but look at who they play and drawl up more wins for me!.....

All that research and it led you to the conclusion Oakland who upgraded their team top to bottom is going to lose more games?

Browns, Bears, Jets, Vikings, Titans are all winnable games on their roster. They always compete in the division... So predicting 2 games is misguided.

ChrisSmith1987 wrote:
How are you going to say SD is going to beat us when our backups have handled them 2 years in a row.... What does both SD and DEN excel at? The pass.... what are the chiefs good at? Right... Pass D.

Den is a lot easier to defend against with the loss of D. Thomas (TE) and their O-line is shaky with injuries.

Again.... all your research and you miss details like Kubiak taking over in Denver, installing his zone running game that has been a success at every stop. And they have a promising young RB in Anderson. And weapons galore to work off play action.

SD added a sensational college back in Gordon.

So both teams will be improved on the ground and both have solid defenses. And then there is this:

Manning>Rivers>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Smith

If I'm betting a teams, I'm betting on the ones without an average QB leading them.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChrisSmith1987 wrote:
Find me more games..... I have them beating Cle and Tenn, maybe CHI.....

Cinn vs Oak
Bal vs Oak
Oak vs Cle
Oak vs Chi
Den vs Oak
bye
Oak vs SD
NYJ vs Oak
Oak vs Pitt
Minn vs Oak
Oak vs Det
Oak vs Tenn
KC vs Oak
Oak vs Den
GB vs Oak
SD vs Oak
Oak vs KC

They can win 6 on that schedule - Cleve,Chicago, NYJ, Minn, Tenn. Mix and match with a division win or 2 and an upset.

Not saying they will, but they are not a 2 win team.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so with your logic your telling me a higher standing team would beat a lower standing team in the superbowl?..... noob

Losing more games does not make them a worse team.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChrisSmith1987 wrote:
so with your logic your telling me a higher standing team would beat a lower standing team in the superbowl?..... noob

Losing more games does not make them a worse team.

Huh?

My logic is simple. A much improved Raiders team won't be the worst team in the NFL w/ 2 wins.

As you were.... I'll just let you prediction implode on itself. Have a nice season.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teams can improve while not having a better record. Look at the Cowboys. 8-8 three years running. This season they could be top 5.

J

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

onejayhawk wrote:
Teams can improve while not having a better record. Look at the Cowboys. 8-8 three years running. This season they could be top 5.

J

While this is true, does it really apply to the Cowboys? Their team AND record improved last year.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.numberfire.com/nfl/news/5795/2015-afc-west-preview-can-the-broncos-make-it-five-straight#

This goes along with predicting the season, but my question is in regards to this quote: The defense of Arrowhead was just an above average unit last year, ranking 14th in schedule-adjusted Defensive NEP.

Does anyone know what NEP is and is it small enough to flush down a toilet? Schedule adjusted??? lol If anything that should've made KC higher on the list.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
onejayhawk

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
https://www.numberfire.com/nfl/news/5795/2015-afc-west-preview-can-the-broncos-make-it-five-straight#

This goes along with predicting the season, but my question is in regards to this quote: The defense of Arrowhead was just an above average unit last year, ranking 14th in schedule-adjusted Defensive NEP.

Does anyone know what NEP is and is it small enough to flush down a toilet? Schedule adjusted??? lol If anything that should've made KC higher on the list.

That's about an average write up. They completely ignored Berry's return, which is normal, and they made Poe's loss huge, which is understandable. No one gives the secondary much credit, because they give it all to Houston and Hali.

Offesnsively, we were middle of the pack last year in both yards and scoring. We should crowd the top 10, while people are still saying, "Who are those guys?" JC is a stud, but he does not deserve ALL the credit.

J

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: