Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dwayne Bowe
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
keeno

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:04 pm    Post subject: Dwayne Bowe Reply with quote

........ expected to be cut if the Chiefs can't work out a trade.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ey-cant-trade/

Looks like some will get their wish -- a group that might even include Dwayne Bowe himself.

Good luck, fella.
Kcpre

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure what team out there would give us anything for him, but I'd be ecstatic if we were able to get something for him. Some team out there has a 2017 7th rounder for us hahah
2014 Adopt-a-Chief: #92 Dontari Poe NT
Tackles:40/TFL:3/Sacks:5/FF:0/FR:0/PD:1
KC_Guy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trade him for Wilhoite Twisted Evil
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Niners don't have the money to take on his salary, but I'd be down. Bowe is a good blocking WR who would be nice to have in their offense where their QB is a better runner than passer.

Truthfully, anything we could get for Bowe would be a perk. If he's not willing to reduce his salary. It makes you wonder if they've at least had discussions with other teams about trading for him however, considering everyone knows he's going to be cut...but yet he's still on the team.
valkrei

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct, Bowe either takes pay cut or is cut. All other options are NOT going to happen.

Props to Loto Tailback for the SIG!
kingseanjohn

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

valkrei wrote:
Correct, Bowe either takes pay cut or is cut. All other options are NOT going to happen.

Agreed. I wish he'd take the pay cut. I doubt he gets paid big bucks in FA.

2014 Adopt-A-Chief: Jamaal Charles
Carries:206/Yds:1033/TD:9/YPC:5.0
Rec:40/Yds:291/TD:5
UPlay2Win

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we get some clarity on his contract obligations?

My understanding is that his remaining prorated balance of signing bonus is $9M. That will go against the cap this year or else next year if cut after a certain day. Guarantee's are irrelevant. Is this correct? Some of these articles make it sound like there's no dead money if he's cut. Why do they mention guarantees? My understanding is that his base for this year was never guaranteed anyway, even before he was suspended, because he has already been passed his original guaranteed amount to this point. Why do I keep seeing people use the word 'guaranteed'?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deep WR class in the draft. Cobb, Williams and Johnson on the market with the Bears also said to be shopping Marshall.

Highly doubt they'll find a trade for him, although his attitude and work ethic should garner some interest.

Either way, hate to see him go but it's a numbers game at this point.
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so long Joe Mays as well

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
oldman9er

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPlay2Win wrote:

My understanding is that his remaining prorated balance of signing bonus is $9M. That will go against the cap this year or else next year if cut after a certain day. Guarantee's are irrelevant. Is this correct? Some of these articles make it sound like there's no dead money if he's cut. Why do they mention guarantees? My understanding is that his base for this year was never guaranteed anyway, even before he was suspended, because he has already been passed his original guaranteed amount to this point. Why do I keep seeing people use the word 'guaranteed'?

As I understand it, He does have 3 prorated years left at 3 mil each (9 mil total) that would count against the KC cap.

With that in mind, his cap hit this season would have been 14 mil.. so to cut him free would save KC five million against this year's cap.

Now, they could also opt to cut him as a "post June 1" cut... which then saves them 11 million in cap room, but causes them to "pay out" dead money for another year.

Whatever guaranteed money that got cancelled out due to his infraction had to do with guaranteed base salaries. Had the base salaries still been guaranteed, then obviously it makes it all the more painful to cut loose of him.. but that part of the deal was voided when he got busted.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
UPlay2Win wrote:

As I understand it, He does have 3 prorated years left at 3 mil each (9 mil total) that would count against the KC cap.

With that in mind, his cap hit this season would have been 14 mil.. so to cut him free would save KC five million against this year's cap.

Now, they could also opt to cut him as a "post June 1" cut... which then saves them 11 million in cap room, but causes them to "pay out" dead money for another year.

Whatever guaranteed money that got cancelled out due to his infraction had to do with guaranteed base salaries. Had the base salaries still been guaranteed, then obviously it makes it all the more painful to cut loose of him.. but that part of the deal was voided when he got busted.

All thanks to your local Sonic drive inn.

Props to LOTO on the sig.
UPlay2Win

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found this

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well lets look at the positive side. Our receiving corps wasn't great and hasn't been great in awhile.
Perhaps this is the offseason it gets rebuilt and starts our offense back on a much better track

WORST COACH IN KC HISTORY
Thanks for the sig Saintsfan
bigballin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was a great Chief and one of my favorite players as far as personality and fan appreciation.

But this was a long time coming, he never lived up to the hype or the money.
keeno

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

valkrei wrote:

I definitely don't take the pay cut if I'm Bowe and his agent. I'd force the Chiefs to cut me, and then look for a modest 1 or 2 year deal with a team/QB that will utilize me and help build my market back to where it was -- then try free agency again in a year or 2.

Considering the QBs that Bowe has played with (Huard, Croyle, Gray, Thigpen, Orton, Cassel, Palko, and now Smith), I'd say he's had a solid career to this point. He's done well enough where a team might think enough of him to come calling the Chiefs and offer a worthwhile trade just to avoid the bidding contest on the open market.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: