You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tk3 REALISTIC mock..

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tk3

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Tk3 REALISTIC mock.. Reply with quote

Took an esteemed mock-drafter, and used his draft slots to make mine.. I ONLY took players that were still available at our picks in his draft.. I did this to keep it realistic and not taking 1st round players in the 4th like many do.. http://walterfootball.com/draft2012.php is the draft I used as a baseline..

1 (10) - CB-Janoris Jenkins-North Alabama.. Coples and Kirkpatrick off the board would have been the two obvious choices.. It is time we made a big move and drafted for upside.. Jenkins has top CB in the draft skills and potential, but slides due to off the field issues.. I am sick of "character guys", I am taking the talent with this pick..

Other possibilities, OT-Johnathan Martin or WR-Alshon Jeffrey.. Assuming we are back to the 4-3, Courtney Upshaw is no longer a serious target of mine..

2 (42) - DE-Vinny Curry-Marshall.. In my mind, we almost are pigeon-holed into taking a pass rusher here, and lucky, there are 3 good ones left in the draft.. I like Curry because he is putting on size, but still looks fast and had a very productive season..

Other possibilities, DE-Andre Branch or DE-Brandon Jenkins.. Anything as long as we build up a better pass rush..

3 (74) - LB-Tank Carder-TCU.. Ideally, I would look for a receiver here, possibly an o-lineman, but none really jump out at me.. Carder however stands out as a typical, hard-nosed interior linebacker playing with high motor and high hustle.. I think he is a good fit with our team and would get decent playing time early in his career.. I like him better than Sheppard last year..

4 (106) - QB-Russell Wilson-Wisconsin.. Had to do it.. I don't love the idea of taking a QB in mid rounds, I usually feel you go-big or don't try at all with drafting QBs, but Wilson is a solid player, and if nothing else he provides a little depth that we are lacking at the position.. We likely are not getting a starter at ANY position in this slot, so why not take a flyer on Wilson to backup Fitz.. To me the only real downside to him is his height, but I would still take the chance late in the draft for such a productive player..

4 (124) - WR-Ryan Broyles-Oklahoma.. Hard to take him with the ACL injury, but he is a speedy receiver which is what we are lacking.. Good college production, and watching Oklahoma after the injury, I get the feeling that Broyles made Landry Jones the QB he is, not the other way around..

Other possibilities would be an offensive tackle.. Maybe someone like Matt Reynolds who was a much higher pick last year had he declared..

Let me know what you think.. Kind of just threw it together, but wanted to do something a little more realistic with something to use as a basis for my drafting..

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a Dolphins fan, I don't want you to draft JJ with your first pick.
billzz

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would cry if we drafted this poorly.

only pick i liked was broyles.

wilson is alright as well i guess.
- Diaz III at 155 for lightweight belt.

Claim a MLB player- Aaron Judge NYY Noah Syndergaard NYM
NickChowaniec

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a huge fan, and normally I agree with most of what you post.

I don't like the idea of taking a corner #1 unless we're getting the best guy there. At 10 we have a shot at getting the best DE available...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: