Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Things Other Than the Redskins Thread 4.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
steadypimpin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My thing with Wise was that he is a frontrunner for one thing. Another thing I disliked about him was how he tried to get all political and racial on the show a lot. Like saying callers were racist because they called x player a thug. He was on that for awhile.

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
My thing with Wise was that he is a frontrunner for one thing. Another thing I disliked about him was how he tried to get all political and racial on the show a lot. Like saying callers were racist because they called x player a thug. He was on that for awhile.
Yeah, I don't know i just block that kinda stuff out. It's just noise to me, when I focus on substance, I agree.

He's a passionate person. If he agrees in something, he's going to Say it. I respect that, you may not agree with everything he says but he has the balls to say what he believes and stick to it.

I just think you have to respect that. He's not gonna lie to ya.

I don't really see how he's a front runner, he's written about washington sports for a long time, hardly anything front running about that. When he believes in something, he leads the way, he doesn't just pick something that's popular and jump on it. He choses something he believes in and brings notice to it. Two totally different things

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what do people think about the Wizards trading Okafor and a 1st for Gortat?

I love it! I've wanted Gortat since he was backing up Howard and wished when we traded Arenas, we could have gotten him back.

The Wizards best news, is this:

http://wizofawes.com/2013/10/26/wizards-decline-vesely-option/?utm_source=FanSided+Daily&utm_medium=email

Wizards to decline Jan Vesley's option.

Quote:
The Wizards have made up their minds on whether or not to pick up the fourth-year options on the contracts of Jan Vesely and Chris Singleton.
And the answer is no, CSN Washington learned late Friday night.

And this:

Quote:
The Wizards still have to decide on Kevin Seraphin and Trevor Booker’s options for next season. As J.Michael pointed out, if the Wizards decline all options, they’ll likely have enough money to sign a free-agent to a max contract, which definitely bodes well for the future.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seraphim made some sense, and Booker might be salvageable. Vesely and Singleton were disasters.

Both Gortat and Okafor's contracts expire after the year. Gortat's $7.7M is half of Okafor's ($14.5M). Gortat is also 29 to Okafor's 31, and apparently is much healthier. Apparently, the first round pick is top-12 protected, so it could end up being Okafor for Gortat straight up.

Actually, should the Wizards miss the playoffs yet again, it would be Okafor for Gortat, Shannon Brown, Kendall Marshall, and Malcolm Lee. From the little I understand of NBA's salary cap, the latter three had to be included to equalize the transfer because of the difference in Okafor and Gortat's salaries. I think. Otherwise, I'm not sure why you would accept two backup point guards and a backup shooting guard.

In the end, does this make the Wizards better for the long run? Probably not. Does it make them better in the short run? Possibly, since Okafor's health was a serious question. Still, they're not a good team. Looking at the projected win totals for teams in the Eastern conference, the Wizards look to be competing with the Raptors for the 8th seed (Miami, Chicago, Brooklyn, Indiana, Knicks, Cleveland, and Detroit would be seeds 1-7). The article at the bottom only has Miami, Detroit, and Indiana as possible under picks, so maybe you can include Detroit in the equation and the seven seed.

That's not a good place to be, especially with your draft pick exposed.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24117589/win-totals-vs-over/under-odds-for-the-2013-2014-nba-season
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
Seraphim made some sense, and Booker might be salvageable. Vesely and Singleton were disasters.

Both Gortat and Okafor's contracts expire after the year. Gortat's $7.7M is half of Okafor's ($14.5M). Gortat is also 29 to Okafor's 31, and apparently is much healthier. Apparently, the first round pick is top-12 protected, so it could end up being Okafor for Gortat straight up.

Actually, should the Wizards miss the playoffs yet again, it would be Okafor for Gortat, Shannon Brown, Kendall Marshall, and Malcolm Lee. From the little I understand of NBA's salary cap, the latter three had to be included to equalize the transfer because of the difference in Okafor and Gortat's salaries. I think. Otherwise, I'm not sure why you would accept two backup point guards and a backup shooting guard.

In the end, does this make the Wizards better for the long run? Probably not. Does it make them better in the short run? Possibly, since Okafor's health was a serious question. Still, they're not a good team. Looking at the projected win totals for teams in the Eastern conference, the Wizards look to be competing with the Raptors for the 8th seed (Miami, Chicago, Brooklyn, Indiana, Knicks, Cleveland, and Detroit would be seeds 1-7). The article at the bottom only has Miami, Detroit, and Indiana as possible under picks, so maybe you can include Detroit in the equation and the seven seed.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24117589/win-totals-vs-over/under-odds-for-the-2013-2014-nba-season
The Wizards aren't keeping Marshall, Brown nor Lee. They're already gone, they were thrown in for salary cap equalizer a as you said.

I look at the Wizards roster now and believe they're gonna be in the 5/6 range, with one of the best backcourt a int he NBA.

If they don't opt to keep any of their 2011 draft picks, then they'll have $ to sign an max forward to go with:

Wall
Beal
Webster/Porter
Nene
Gortat (if he's re-signed after this year)

I think they can be a solid team and of they play their cards right, they're going to be solid in the future.

MKnight82

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget Eric Maynor! VCU baby!

Thanks to mike23md for the sig

Adopt - a - Redskin
Bashaud Breeland - 34 tackles, 7 PD, 2 FF, 2 TFL, 1 INT
Jordan Reed - 24 catches, 229 rec yards
Woz

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Woz wrote:

The Wizards aren't keeping Marshall, Brown nor Lee. They're already gone, they were thrown in for salary cap equalizer a as you said.
I look at the Wizards roster now and believe they're gonna be in the 5/6 range, with one of the best backcourt a int he NBA.

If they don't opt to keep any of their 2011 draft picks, then they'll have $ to sign an max forward to go with:

Wall
Beal
Webster/Porter
Nene

I think they can be a solid team and of they play their cards right, they're going to be solid in the future.

What teams are they going to be better than?
Jeezy Fanatic

Location: The DMV; Proud Alumnus of the University of Miami, Class of 2011
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw this tweet today and laughed:

"London and football just don't mix, trust me, I'm a UVA fan"

Laughing

chauboy wrote:
Then there was 1 group of girls that were just standing against of wall, the group being hot, just texting. Just intimidating.
Woz

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezy Fanatic wrote:

Laughing

Oof. That's harsh, but unfortunately true.
MKnight82

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
Jeezy Fanatic wrote:

Laughing

Oof. That's harsh, but unfortunately true.
Ouch.

Thanks to mike23md for the sig

Adopt - a - Redskin
Bashaud Breeland - 34 tackles, 7 PD, 2 FF, 2 TFL, 1 INT
Jordan Reed - 24 catches, 229 rec yards
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Woz wrote:

Wall
Beal
Webster/Porter
Nene

Top teams in the east:

1. Miami
2. Indiana
3. Chicago
4. New Jersey
5. New York

????

I don't see any reason why they can't be six in the Eastern conference.

daboyle250

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish me luck! I'm the sole representative of the Redskins left (and in the top 21) in the Survivor pool. Cool

Tracker: 39 catches, 443 yards, 3 TD
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daboyle250 wrote:
Wish me luck! I'm the sole representative of the Redskins left (and in the top 21) in the Survivor pool. Cool
good luck daboyle! Represent us well

Woz

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Woz wrote:

Wall
Beal
Webster/Porter
Nene

Top teams in the east:

1. Miami
2. Indiana
3. Chicago
4. New Jersey
5. New York

????

I don't see any reason why they can't be six in the Eastern conference.

Atlanta?

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24151066/cbssportscom-nba-predictions
Matt Moore has Cleveland, Detroit, and Washington all tied with 41 wins. Those three teams would be competing for the seventh and eighth seeds.

Royce Young has Atlanta only winning 40 games, but Cleveland getting 43. Washington comes in at 41, for a seven seed.

Finally, Zach Harper projects 40 wins for Washington, 44 for Atlanta, and 37 for Cleveland. Again, a seven seed.

Yes, they're just three guys and its just their opinion. Fair enough. Of course, you thinking they'd get a sixth seed is yours.

Even if they did get a sixth seed, they're likely playing (and losing to) Brooklyn or the Knicks. If they end up as a seventh or eighth seed, they'll get steamrolled by either Chicago or Miami.

All in all, in thinking about it, I now think its a stupid trade for the long term health of this franchise for some short term plays. In other words, a Grunfeld move.
daboyle250

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My attempt of re-doing Sean Taylor's ESPN profile, with 2013 stats. Thoughts?

Tracker: 39 catches, 443 yards, 3 TD

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 98 of 100

Jump to: