Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Things Other Than the Redskins Thread 4.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 91, 92, 93 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MKnight82

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
They cast Ben freakin Affleck to be the new Batman in the Man of Steel sequel. Ben Affleck! AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! Nerd rage!
He was ok in Daredevil. I think he'll be fine. I never thought Christian Bale would make a good batman, but he did
Whats next Matt Damon as Robin? Ben Affleck is a terrible choice for Batman. Might as well hire Kevin Smith to direct and put jay and silent bob in the film.

Redskins FFMD War Room
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=541707
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
They cast Ben freakin Affleck to be the new Batman in the Man of Steel sequel. Ben Affleck! AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! Nerd rage!
He was ok in Daredevil. I think he'll be fine. I never thought Christian Bale would make a good batman, but he did
Whats next Matt Damon as Robin? Ben Affleck is a terrible choice for Batman. Might as well hire Kevin Smith to direct and put jay and silent bob in the film.
People underestimate him
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MKnight82

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
People underestimate him
People overestimate him.

Redskins FFMD War Room
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
People underestimate him
People overestimate him.
I knew that was coming Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MikeT14

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure I get the hate for Ben Affleck. It sounds very similar to the flack Heath Ledger got when it was announced he would be the Joker.

What would be Ben's weak point in this movie would be his role as Bruce Wayne, and because this is a Superman movie technically, I highly doubt we see much Bruce anyway. It's not hard for Ben to be as good as Bale was in the suit because, well, Bale wasn't that great as Batman - he was a good Bruce Wayne who benefited from a great story/director.

- mike23md on the sig!
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeT14 wrote:
I'm not sure I get the hate for Ben Affleck. It sounds very similar to the flack Heath Ledger got when it was announced he would be the Joker.

What would be Ben's weak point in this movie would be his role as Bruce Wayne, and because this is a Superman movie technically, I highly doubt we see much Bruce anyway. It's not hard for Ben to be as good as Bale was in the suit because, well, Bale wasn't that great as Batman - he was a good Bruce Wayne who benefited from a great story/director.

Ben IMO just dosent fit the new Batman's standards. I think as you said its because Ben dosent fit the role as Bruce Wayne. I can't take Ben as serious as I take Bale. I see Ben more like a Flash/Green Latern, or Cyclops guy. I'm not hating on Ben at all (I'm sure he's gonna get a nice check from this) but I do see why some may have douts.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeT14 wrote:

Hes not an action star. Every action film he's been in has been terrible. He's good at comedy and semi good at drama. I can't see him being a good Batman at all. Also, he has a blue collar every man image I can't picture him as the billionaire playboy Bruce Wayne at all.

Redskins FFMD War Room
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeT14 wrote:

Ben IMO just dosent fit the new Batman's standards. I think as you said its because Ben dosent fit the role as Bruce Wayne. I can't take Ben as serious as I take Bale. I see Ben more like a Flash/Green Latern, or Cyclops guy. I'm not hating on Ben at all (I'm sure he's gonna get a nice check from this) but I do see why some may have douts.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
MikeT14 wrote:

23 minute double post?

Redskins FFMD War Room
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeT14 wrote:

I agree and I also think its hard to predict he's going to do bad, that just comes off more that you don't like the man/actor. No one really knows how he'll do. I agree with you, I doubted Bale, Ledger, heck I doubted Val Kilmer, and George Clooney as batman also. i doubted Chris O'donnell as batman. I doubted Jim Carey, Arnold Schwartzeneger and others in batman movies but they all did good jobs. So, I think Ben will be fine in his role.

Quote:
Whedon Tweeted, "Affleck'll crush it. He's got the chops, he's got the chin. -- just needs the material."

"Affleck and (Henry) Cavill toe to toe -- I'm in," Whedon added.

http://m.usatoday.com/article/news/2694733
MikeT14

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I am saying is... Most hated on the Daniel Craig signing as Bond, most hated on the Heath Ledger signing as Joker...

just wait and see. Let's not forget this is a sequel to a mediocre movie. If it sucks, I doubt it will be because of Ben. It'll be because of Zach Snyder and .... David... Goyer ....

- mike23md on the sig!

Last edited by MikeT14 on Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:11 am; edited 1 time in total
MikeT14

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
Hes not an action star.

CGI takes care of this in a Snyder movie Wink

- mike23md on the sig!
daboyle250

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeT14 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
Hes not an action star.

He had some action chops, he was in the Daredevil movie, wasn't he?

DCRED wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
I'm still cleaning up the stains in my pants! Laughing
Ewwww.
worse thing is they've been there since Shanahan was fired
MKnight82

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daboyle250 wrote:
MikeT14 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
Hes not an action star.

He had some action chops, he was in the Daredevil movie, wasn't he?
LOL did you see Daredevil?

Redskins FFMD War Room
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Batman's personality is significantly closer to that of the Joker's than it is to Superman's. He walks a fine line between sanity and sociopath.

Christian Bale showed he could do psycho; Ben Affleck doesn't have that credit to his name.

Could he do it? Possibly, but it seems unlikely.

EDIT: As for Daredevil, Matt Murdock is a do-gooder. Had they cast Affleck as Superman, it would have fit better. I'm not saying I would have really thought it was a good casting, but at least I could have understood it.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 91, 92, 93 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 92 of 100

Jump to: