Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Things Other Than the Redskins Thread 4.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 89, 90, 91 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To the other fathers out there, Happy Father's Day. Enjoy it (and ignore the fact that your holiday has to share time with those ungrateful little jerks known as "graduates").

Oh, and ... umm ... for our grads ... Congrats. Anxious Laughing
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://deadspin.com/5716038/the-greatest-letter-ever-printed-on-nfl-team-letterhead?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

Best letter written ever by Cleveland Browns General Counsel to a fan in 1974
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MKnight82

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NBA Draft is tomorrow night. A lot of chatter about Alex Len going #1 overall (which I don't understand). If he does Otter Porter will most likely fall to the Wizards.

I know the Cavs took Dion Waters last year but I don't understand why they don't take Ben McLemore #1. He's probably the most talented player in this weak class. They could play him as their 6th man (like OKC did with Harden) or heck he could probably start over Waters. Dion Waters came off the bench in college for Syracuse anyways.

Redskins FFMD War Room
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=541707
Woz

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news: The Wizards took the safe pick of Otto Porter.

Bad news: They let Nerlens Noel go right on by them.
MikeT14

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:

Jury is out on Noel for me.

- mike23md on the sig!
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh! I just got back from driving to Southwest Virginia and back within 24 hours after a 3 hour meeting also.

Anyways, listened to the draft in the car! I can say I'm releieved they did what we all thought they should do. Cool

As for Noel, the jury I out for m also MikeT14.

1. Noel has very little offensive game. Len dominated Noel in their head to head match up

2. He's already seriously injured. Is he the next Oden or Bynum? I hope not, but the jury is out

http://blogsohardsports.com/wizards-2/wizards-select-otto-porter-jr-3rd-overall-photos/#comment-6487
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MKnight82

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really understand the Cavs talking Bennett they already have an undersized 4 in Thompson. Bennett was probably one of the best offensive players in the draft though, it's just his size that's so scary. If he can overcome his size issues he's probably one of the most talented players in this draft.

Really liked the Porter pick by the Wizards. He's an all out hussle player who doesn't need the ball in his hands to impact the game so he should complement Wall and Beal well.

Redskins FFMD War Room
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=541707
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
I don't really understand the Cavs talking Bennett they already have an undersized 4 in Thompson. Bennett was probably one of the best offensive players in the draft though, it's just his size that's so scary. If he can overcome his size issues he's probably one of the most talented players in this draft.

Really liked the Porter pick by the Wizards. He's an all out hussle player who doesn't need the ball in his hands to impact the game so he should complement Wall and Beal well.
I think Bennett will plac mostly 3, and slide over to the 4 when Thompson is on the bench
Woz

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeT14 wrote:
Woz wrote:

Given that the Pelicans were able to flip that into Jrue Holliday, what do you think of it? Granted they had to give up a 2014 1st to go along with Noel (it's top 3 protected only), they still got an all star for it.
Woz

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Ahhh! I just got back from driving to Southwest Virginia and back within 24 hours after a 3 hour meeting also.

Anyways, listened to the draft in the car! I can say I'm releieved they did what we all thought they should do. Cool

As for Noel, the jury I out for m also MikeT14.

1. Noel has very little offensive game. Len dominated Noel in their head to head match up

2. He's already seriously injured. Is he the next Oden or Bynum? I hope not, but the jury is out

http://blogsohardsports.com/wizards-2/wizards-select-otto-porter-jr-3rd-overall-photos/#comment-6487

I would worry more about Alex Len's stress fracture in his ankle than Noel's ACL tear.
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
MikeT14 wrote:
Woz wrote:

Given that the Pelicans were able to flip that into Jrue Holliday, what do you think of it? Granted they had to give up a 2014 1st to go along with Noel (it's top 3 protected only), they still got an all star for it.
i like it for both teams
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure why RGIII got married so soon into his career, especially after seeing his wife.

Wife:

Tom Brady Tribute
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy 4th of July everyone! Hope everyone has a fun and safe holiday!! Very Happy Wink Dancing

I just laid a wreath at the tomb of the unknown soilder, that was awesome!
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://wizofawes.com/2013/07/13/dejuan-blair-wizards/?utm_source=FanSided+Daily&utm_medium=email

Quote:
Adrian Wojnarowski ✔ @WojYahooNBA

Washington has interest in free agent DeJuan Blair, sources tell Y! Sign-and-trade a consideration, but Spurs may be unmoved by choices.

I'm Skeptical they can pull this off. I'm not sure what assets they'd want, probably Ariza and one or two of our young forwards. I also think Blair is a similar player to Booker (only booker is more athletic and plays better above the rim) I thought they were looking for a stretch 4... d'oh!

Possibly, they can't find one. Confused

Georgetown to Wizards: Porter picks up the tempo - Yahoo! Sports http://sports.yahoo.com/news/georgetown-wizards-porter-picks-tempo-210053817--nba.html

5:21pm - 11 Jul 13

Glen Rice, JR takes flight vs Warriors.

http://www.nba.com/wizards/video/games/wizards/2013/07/13/20130713-sl-gsw-was-play3.nba/index.html

Check out the Warriors (56) vs. Wizards (52) FINAL game summary on NBA.com http://www.nba.com/games/20130713/GSWWAS/gameinfo.html

Quote:
Golden State led by as much as five early in the contest and maintained its slight edge until the waning moments of the third frame when Glen Rice Jr. nailed a three to give the Wizards a 39-37 lead with 59 seconds remaining. Washington slowly built its lead to six in the fourth only to see it wiped out by Bazemore and the Warriors.

Chris Singleton was the only player for Washington to notch double figures with 13 points off 4-for-9 shooting. Singleton scored five points from the free throw line and had four rebounds, as well.

Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's more like it RGIII [wonder how big this story gonna get]:

http://bustedcoverage.com/2013/07/14/rg3-texting-side-piece-meredith-barber-on-his-wedding-day/
Tom Brady Tribute

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 89, 90, 91 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 90 of 100

Jump to: