Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Things Other Than the Redskins Thread 4.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 88, 89, 90 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rumors are swirling around the NBA draft right now regarding trades. Sam Amico of FOX Sports says the Washington Wizards and Milwaukee Bucs have discussed a trade involving the Wizards third overall pick for the Bucs forward Ersan Ilyasova.

The Wizards have been mentioning adding a forward who can stretch the floor for several seasons. Ernie has tried multiple times to add a stretch 4 and talks about adding a stretch 4 in nearly every press interview. Even point guard John Wall has mentioned wanting to add a stretch 4 to the offense this offseason as they feel this is the last piece of the puzzle the Wizards are missing on offense, assuming Martell Webster re-signs to play small forward.
Ilyasova would immediately help the Wizards as a stretch 4. Ilyasova averaged 13 points and 7 rebounds a game in the 2012-13 season. He shot 45 percent from beyond the three point line and he has an ability to both rebound the ball as well as defend other stretch 4s. This would definitely help the Wizards offense out immediately.
Rumors always surface around NBA Draft, but I hope this trade doesn't take place. The Wizards have traded top 5 draft picks in the past in for veterans to fill immediate needs and more often than not the trade hasn't worked. I think they should keep the 3rd overall pick and take either Otto Porter or Anthony Bennett. The Wizards are high on both players and they'll be cheaper than Ilyasova. He just signed a five year deal which totals near $40 million.

Washington needs to think long term. In the past they haven't always done that. Trading Rasheed Wallace for Rod Strickland, Chris Webber for Mitch Richmond, Rip Hamilton for Jerry Stackhouse, the 5th overall pick for Antawn Jamison and the 5th overall pick for Mike Miller and Randy Foye, never worked out well for the Wizards long term. Since the Wizards are very high on Otto Porter and Anthony Bennett, they should draft them. Each player can help them fill their needs immediately and they’ll be a building block for the teams future.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://fansided.com/2013/06/08/nba-trade-rumors-washington-wizards-trading-for-ersan-ilyasova/

Wizards are rumored to be working on a trade to get Ersan Ilyasova from the Bucs to be the stetch 4 they are missing. They would probably have to trade Trevor Ariza as well to make the deal work out money wise. I think this is a bad deal for the Wizards.

Euro Ernie is trying to strike again! this time through trade. He knows he can't take a Euro top 5 because none are worthy of it (not that Vesley was) so he's going to trade for one and give up the rights to Otto Porter or Bennett and our best perimeter defender in Ariza!!

ughh!!! Brick wall

I just read Neither Okafor or Ariza are eligible to be traded in a draft day or pre-draft trade because They won’t be eligible to be traded until July 1st, after the opt-in to their contract. So, this trade might be a straight up 3rd for Ilayasova or we'd throw in other late picks and another player to take on his salary. The problem is how do we make room?

http://www.truthaboutit.net/2013/06/what-in-the-ghostface-would-the-wizards-trade-for-ersan-ilyasova.html

The best thing to do is just keep the pick. Ernie is making this all too hard! More complicated than it needs to be. He really is the Cerrato of the NBA. He's the guy who gives away the farm in trades, (just like his predecessors) we never win out.

Last edited by turtle28 on Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:35 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MikeT14

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so did he get drafted Thai? I've been on vacation.

- mike23md on the sig!
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeT14 wrote:

Sorry, my cousin's wife went into labor and had a baby so I've been preoccupied the last few days.

Long story short this draft for my nephew was disastrous.

He didn't get drafted. Even after all the pre-draft buzz and projections had him going between Rounds 9 and 15.

After the draft reached round 30 (of 40 rounds) I asked my brother if he was going to go back to school if he got drafted in the last 10 rounds and he said "Unsure, but probably will".

The silver lining is that he avoids having to make a painful decision (go back to school or go play for peanuts in Single A ball) this year and can instead go back and destroy the remaining records at his school and in his division and then come back next year for the draft.

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
MikeT14 wrote:

Sorry, my cousin's wife went into labor and had a baby so I've been preoccupied the last few days.

He didn't get drafted. Even after all the pre-draft buzz and projections had him going between Rounds 9 and 15.

After the draft reached round 30 (of 40 rounds) I asked my brother if he was going to go back to school if he got drafted in the last 10 rounds and he said "Unsure, but probably will".

The silver lining is that he avoids having to make a painful decision (go back to school or go play for peanuts in Single A ball) this year and can instead go back and destroy the remaining records at his school and in his division and then come back next year for the draft.
that sucks but I wish him luck next year
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/1667922-chad-johnson-sentenced-to-30-days-in-jail-for-violating-probation?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=nfl

Chad Johnson gets 30 days in jail for Probation violation after slapping lawyer on butt and telling him good job. This is so stupid, judges have too much power in this country.
MKnight82

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
http://fansided.com/2013/06/08/nba-trade-rumors-washington-wizards-trading-for-ersan-ilyasova/

Wizards are rumored to be working on a trade to get Ersan Ilyasova from the Bucs to be the stetch 4 they are missing. They would probably have to trade Trevor Ariza as well to make the deal work out money wise. I think this is a bad deal for the Wizards.

Euro Ernie is trying to strike again! this time through trade. He knows he can't take a Euro top 5 because none are worthy of it (not that Vesley was) so he's going to trade for one and give up the rights to Otto Porter or Bennett and our best perimeter defender in Ariza!!

ughh!!! Brick wall

I just read Neither Okafor or Ariza are eligible to be traded in a draft day or pre-draft trade because They won’t be eligible to be traded until July 1st, after the opt-in to their contract. So, this trade might be a straight up 3rd for Ilayasova or we'd throw in other late picks and another player to take on his salary. The problem is how do we make room?

http://www.truthaboutit.net/2013/06/what-in-the-ghostface-would-the-wizards-trade-for-ersan-ilyasova.html

The best thing to do is just keep the pick. Ernie is making this all too hard! More complicated than it needs to be. He really is the Cerrato of the NBA. He's the guy who gives away the farm in trades, (just like his predecessors) we never win out.
If they want a stretch 4 why don't they just draft Bennett?

Thanks to mike23md for the sig
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

ughh!!! Brick wall

If they want a stretch 4 why don't they just draft Bennett?
cause that makes too much sense and Ernie wants his Euro superstar! Laughing
MikeT14

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang, well sorry Thai. But like you said, he has next year! Going back to school could be a blessing in disguise.

- mike23md on the sig!
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I was driving this morning and I passed a car. It was a navy blue Dodge Magnum, it had Dallas Cowboys in graphics on each side and 20 inch Crome wheels with a blue lip in downtown DC! His guy better not go in the wrong neighborhood because that ish is getting jacked!
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Brady Tribute
SeanTayorsaPIMP

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeT14 wrote:
Dang, well sorry Thai. But like you said, he has next year! Going back to school could be a blessing in disguise.

I echo that statement. It's frustrating but he'll have a chance to really polish his game, physically grow and get stronger, and smash all sorts of records. Good luck to him! Has he thought about doing the Cape Cod league...isn't that for college players?

As for the Wiz, Grunfield needs to go. He has done nothing but gut that franchise. John Wall was a no brainer so I refuse to give him credit. Beal has turned into a great pick and I do give him props for that but everything else he has done has sucked. If he trades the #3 pick for a role player like Ilyasova and change I might just puke. When he took Vesley over Leonard I was pissed and so far look how that turned out. Grunfield needed to be gone yesterday. I'm scared to death of whats he going to do with the pick. It needs to be Porter or Bennett. I think Porter is the best choice but I see the appeal to Bennett's upside. His shoulder worries me though.

mike23md on the sig!
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
MikeT14 wrote:

I was looking up info on your nephew and was saddened to see he wasn't drafted. However, pass along my congrats for this: http://www.tusculumpioneers.com/article.asp?articleID=4298
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for the Wiz ...

turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SeanTayorsaPIMP wrote:
MikeT14 wrote:

I echo that statement. It's frustrating but he'll have a chance to really polish his game, physically grow and get stronger, and smash all sorts of records. Good luck to him! Has he thought about doing the Cape Cod league...isn't that for college players?

As for the Wiz, Grunfield needs to go. He has done nothing but gut that franchise. John Wall was a no brainer so I refuse to give him credit. Beal has turned into a great pick and I do give him props for that but everything else he has done has sucked. If he trades the #3 pick for a role player like Ilyasova and change I might just puke. When he took Vesley over Leonard I was pissed and so far look how that turned out. Grunfield needed to be gone yesterday. I'm scared to death of whats he going to do with the pick. It needs to be Porter or Bennett. I think Porter is the best choice but I see the appeal to Bennett's upside. His shoulder worries me though.
i totally agree with you and I agree with Woz's post also, they are looking goofy Laughing . Grunfield makes this harder than it is.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 88, 89, 90 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 89 of 100

Jump to: