Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Things Other Than the Redskins Thread 4.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 84, 85, 86 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BuckleyBoy

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh guys.....

I'm officially a senior in college now......

kiltman on the sig

JMU Class of 2014
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BuckleyBoy wrote:
Uh guys.....

yay! Applause
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
Woz wrote:
I'm going to turn in early, but I figured I'd pass this along:

Webby tried to see if posters here could discuss Jason Collins in a rational, adult manner that didn't devolve into political/morality/conspiracy arguments.

Sadly, the forum failed mightily.

As such, Jason Collins, outside of where he might go as a free agent or what he does on the basketball court, is a non-starter as a topic and will be immediately shutdown.

Consider this your blanket warning.

I wouldnt say failed. It lasted 18 pages with Mods looking very closely into it. I thought the forum did very well actually especially considering the topic and with some of the jokers that post in the bball forum. If it wasnt for some comments by Wallace and Broussard I thought it may had lasted. Oh welp.

Braves just won 2 more against the Nats thats all that matter right now. Oh and Nats are playing some of the worse baseball Ive seen since Harper came up from the minors.
its also may 1st. I heard last year only 1 or 2 of the teams that were leading may 1st ended the season in 1st.

The nats played just as bad for a stretch in the middle of the season last year. The difference is they had they started off hotter.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a crazy thought this morning, must have been a dream or something. Laughing

Anyone think the Wizards could do a sign and trade for Dwight Howard to team up with John Wall and Bradley Beal?

It's no secret that Kobe Bryant and Dwight Howard didnt get along very well.

I'm not sure what kind of package it would take but the Wizards certainly could send Emeka Okafor (coming off one of his best seasons in his career), Trevor Ariza (SF on the 09 Lakers Championship team) and their 1st round pick for Dwight Howard.

I'm sure people would shoot this down but I think it'd be good for both teams. It would get Dwight away from Kobe, which seems to be what Kobe wants. The Lakers would get two front court starters to go with Pau Gasol up front and a lottery pick to develop for their future when Kobe retires and then the Lakers could also sign Chris Paul to play with Kobe in the back court.

The Lakers starting line up would be:

Pg: Paul
SG: Bryant
SF: Ariza/World Peace
PF: Gasol
C: Okafor

The Wizards starting line up would be:

Pg: Wall
SG: Beal
SF: Webster
PF: Nene
C: Howard

Anyways what do you think? Blast away! Laughing
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see the Nats get a split with the Braves last week! Dancing Dancing Cool Cool
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great game winning goal today by Green! Ssf would be proud that the caps are up 2-0 going back to NY.

They gotta keep this thine run going though and steal a game in Ny
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
I had a crazy thought this morning, must have been a dream or something. Laughing

Anyone think the Wizards could do a sign and trade for Dwight Howard to team up with John Wall and Bradley Beal?

I'm not sure what kind of package it would take but the Wizards certainly could send Emeka Okafor (coming off one of his best seasons in his career), Trevor Ariza (SF on the 09 Lakers Championship team) and their 1st round pick for Dwight Howard.

I'm sure people would shoot this down but I think it'd be good for both teams. It would get Dwight away from Kobe, which seems to be what Kobe wants. The Lakers would get two front court starters to go with Pau Gasol up front and a lottery pick to develop for their future when Kobe retires and then the Lakers could also sign Chris Paul to play with Kobe in the back court.

Problem: both Ariza and Okafor are in the final year of their contracts and each has a player termination option. Doubtful that the Lakers take both on, especially since the two contracts total $23M. Okafor in particular might void his deal to get a smaller but longer term deal.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Problem: both Ariza and Okafor are in the final year of their contracts and each has a player termination option. Doubtful that the Lakers take both on, especially since the two contracts total $23M. Okafor in particular might void his deal to get a smaller but longer term deal.
considering the Lakers want to give Kobe Bryant one more chance at a championship before they blow it up and rebuild. Considering the Kobe/Pau/Dwight experiment was a failure, I think they would probably like to get a center that will just do a great job of rebounding, defense and clean up on the offensive end for his points. Then they'd get back Ariza who is a good outside shooter and defender. He was on the last Laker team to win it all.

Being that they both have expiring contracts is an attraction to a team like the Lakers who want to give it one more go with Kobe and then blow it up and rebuild.

The only problem is that Dwight would have to want to come to DC, here are my thoughts on that one. It's probably not likely Dwight chooses to come here instead of staying in LA, going to Houston or someplace else but here goes.

Howard doesn't like to be the leader and responsible. He would take a back seat to Wall. Howard is never going to be a true leader and doesn't want that responsibility. Howard also knows he needs to great PG to get him the ball for him to be great. With Wall being the leader of the team, Howard doesn't have to be. Howard can just go out play ball. There won't be pressure on Howard coming from DC to deliver championships because DC isn't a basketball town, they want to see the Wizards do well but winning a title isn't a must.

So Wall and Howard could just combine to be a great duo that gets the Wizards in contention every year and DC would be satisfied.

I think it's a win, win for everyone.
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I don't disagree the experiment was a failure, you are ignoring one (well, two) major components:

Mike D'Antoni
and
Jim Buss (for the hiring of D'Antoni before Phil Jackson had a chance to say no)

I realize that doesn't affect the possibility of trading Howard. Just wanted to say that. I still don't see it happening.
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
While I don't disagree the experiment was a failure, you are ignoring one (well, two) major components:

Mike D'Antoni
and
Jim Buss (for the hiring of D'Antoni before Phil Jackson had a chance to say no)

I realize that doesn't affect the possibility of trading Howard. Just wanted to say that. I still don't see it happening.
neither do I. I was just thinking itd be good for discussion. I wrote a blog about it and its set off like a wild fire! Laughing

I honestly think Dwight will want to go to Houston and team up with Chris Paul and James Harden.

Houston will have to create cap room to sign them, so they will probably send players back to the LA teams to make it happen.

1. Asik can go to the Lakers
2. Lin can either go to the Lakers or Clippers

Maybe other players will be involved also
Jeezy Fanatic

Location: The DMV; Proud Alumnus of the University of Miami, Class of 2011
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BuckleyBoy wrote:
Uh guys.....

One more year until your life starts to go down the tubes Wink

Where you go we'll follow! Let's go USMNT!!!!
49ersfan

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to DC 2 weekends from now, for about 2.5 days (also going to spend some time in Baltimore).

I want to visit the political monuments and Smithsonian. Any tips on what else to see, good restaurants (i'm down for anything), etc.
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ersfan wrote:
I'm going to DC 2 weekends from now, for about 2.5 days (also going to spend some time in Baltimore).

I want to visit the political monuments and Smithsonian. Any tips on what else to see, good restaurants (i'm down for anything), etc.
the Spy Museum but they charge.

Try to get a confessional tour. Talk to your congressman or senator about it, if you are there during the week days.

Try eating at the Monocle. It is the only private restaurant on Federal property in DC. It's right outside the senate office buildings.

I also enjoy eating at Johnny's Half Shell it's right across from union station. You could see some politicians there if you eat during the week. It's a seafood restaurant.

If you have the chance visit U Street area and Ben's Chilli Bowl, it's world famous! Also try to visit Adam's Morgan, there are a lot of great bars down around there. It's not too far from the Natinnal Zoo.

Around the Verizon Center there is a lot of bars and restaurants. It's a great place to hang out. It's called China Town

dante9876 wrote:
Do all turtle said. Also go to the Newsuem. It is kinda new and outstanding and interesting. While in Adams Morgan go smoke from the pipes and don't eat the big slices of pizza, it will hurt later.
yes. I forgot about about the newseum, that's on Pennsylvania Avenue next tot he Canadian embassy right before the Capitol.

They charge as well, but its worth it.

What they do is, is they have the history of all the newspapers with this countries events. On the outside of the museum yiu can walk by everyday and they have that days front page of every major newspaper in every state in the nation.

Last edited by turtle28 on Fri May 10, 2013 6:55 am; edited 1 time in total
dante9876

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do all turtle said. Also go to the Newsuem. It is kinda new and outstanding and interesting. While in Adams Morgan go smoke from the pipes and don't eat the big slices of pizza, it will hurt later.
BuckleyBoy

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezy Fanatic wrote:
BuckleyBoy wrote:
Uh guys.....

One more year until your life starts to go down the tubes Wink

Come on Jeezy...... I'm trying to enjoy the last bit of my time here and you come out saying that? Laughing

kiltman on the sig

JMU Class of 2014

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 84, 85, 86 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 85 of 100

Jump to: