Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Things Other Than the Redskins Thread 4.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 82, 83, 84 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeezy Fanatic

Location: The DMV; Proud Alumnus of the University of Miami, Class of 2011
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Jeezy Fanatic wrote:
Remember those times everyone thought Ovi was done?
Haha. Yeah. I can't believe people just didn't realize that Ovi and the entire team were just getting used to their 2nd system in a years time and coming off the lockout it was hard to get everything together so fast.

Then Green and Brooks were hurt and they didn't have Semin opposite Ovi anymore.

Anyways, it's pretty clear they've learned the system and got everything ironed out and Ovi isn't thinking anymore on the ice, he's just playing again. Plus, Holtby is playing amazing in goal.

It's funny because now I'm hearing hockey guys again say he's playing the best in the game right now and like you said a few months ago those same guys were saying maybe he had just been a player who peaked in his early 20's and the caps wasted a huge contract on him. Lmao

Completely agree. Ovi trusts his game again and is just trying to be a scorer, which is when he's at his best.

chauboy wrote:
Then there was 1 group of girls that were just standing against of wall, the group being hot, just texting. Just intimidating.
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kyle Berger 3⃣9⃣ @K_Bergs

Quote:
I have officially committed to The Ohio State University #BuckeyeNation #GoBucks no better feeling
6:36 PM - 08 Apr 13

It's the perfect place for me, unbelievable coaches, great atmosphere, winning championships in the future. No better place!

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My nephew was named SAC Pitcher of the Week:

http://www.tusculumpioneers.com/article.asp?articleID=4199

Quote:
ROCK HILL, S.C. --- Tusculum College junior John-Austin Shepard has been named the South Atlantic Conference Baseball Pitcher of the Week announced league officials Tuesday.

The Haymarket, Va. reliever recorded a pair of wins and tied a program record with his eighth save as he led Tusculum to a 3-1 record last week.

The 2012 All-SAC and All-Region selection did not allow a run in his 7.1 innings of work. He limited the opposition to a .087 batting average, surrendering just a pair of singles, while walking one and striking out a dozen...

On the season, he has a 4-1 record and has lowered his ERA to 1.83 which is the second lowest in the league this season. He has also recorded 44 strikeouts in his 34.1 innings of work and is limiting the opposition to hit .197 against him.

Following Tuesday’s home contest with Trevecca Nazarene, the Pioneers will travel to Bristol, Tenn. on Wednesday to face King University for a 3 p.m. contest.

So my nephew came in to pitch again today (see bolded above).

And...

Well it appears that my nephew has decided to snipe wins from the starting pitchers...to add to his saves.

Well, in a crazy game where it took a walk off double to win...John-Austin comes up with his third win in the last ten days.

He is now 5-1, with 8 saves. He is tied with the most wins on the team.

With the playoffs less than two weeks away and the run for the College World Series...it's good he is able to be the doorstop for the team and Tusculum just keeps winning.

But on a personal note...with the MLB draft coming up in less than two months...he is white hot in what he is doing and the attention he is drawing.

So far...a better script could not be written!

Another game tomorrow!

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/wizards/john-walls-improved-play-followed-heated-argument-with-teammate-emeka-okafor/2013/04/08/70a72490-a09a-11e2-bd52-614156372695_story.html

John Wall's improved play followed a heated argument he had with Emeka Okafor

Remember late February? yeah, well I barely do either. This was When Wall was in one of the worst career slumps of his young career. Remember Wall having 5 turnovers in the first quarter of the game vs Detroit and then blaming his teammates for not catching his passes and he complained in the locker room about barely playing in thefourth quarter?

Yeah, I don't really remember that either, but apparently Okfaor challenged Wall after that game and what came out of it is what we are seeing today. Okafor is the epideme of a great veteran leader and exactly the type of person we need around the young developing stars we have. Wall had never been challenged by a veteran in the way that Okafor challenged him on that night. Wall also couldn't disagree with anything that Okafor was telling him. Okafor told Wall to trust his coach more, and that coach always wants what's best for the team and what's best for the team should always come first.

After this discussion, Wall started leading this team to a lot of victories and doing it in every way imaginable. He's gone on a statistical tear we haven't seen since the days that Arenas was in his prime in DC. We all know what has followed but until now, none of us knew why. Well the reason for this was Okafor, what a great trade that has turned out to be with the Hornets 9 months ago.

Wall's stats are staggering since that loss late February vs Detroit. He is averaging 22.7 points, 7.9 assists and 4.9 rebounds in the last 21 games. He has 10 games with at least 20 points, three games of 35 or more, and seven double-doubles. Only LeBron James and Kobe Bryant are averaging at least 22 points, seven assists and 4.9 rebounds in the same time period.

Quote:
When Okafor attempted to explain afterward why Coach Randy Wittman had to make the decision to give A.J. Price more playing time, Wall snapped back, leading to a heated argument that was audible from the walls on the other side of the training room.

“It was just me being young and very frustrated. I wasn’t making anything, turning the ball over, and we lost a lot of games that we should’ve won and I put the toll on me,” Wall explained, as he recalled his emotions before the encounter. “A lot of frustration was coming out. As a veteran and being a leader on the team, [Okafor] stepped up and said something. At the time, it was in the heat of moment. I was upset.”

“It wasn’t nothing bad. I felt like, what he said was right,” Wall said of Okafor “It was all the right things at the right time. 'You’ve got to learn how to control your anger more.' Ever since that day forward, I became more focused. Came to practice the next day, talked to him, put it behind us and I just went out there and tried to play basketball. Didn’t hold no grudges.”

“I think I really had to grow. Get my teammates back behind me. Because that’s not the way you’re supposed to come out as a leader and as a franchise guy,” Wall said of his attitude the night of the argument with Okafor. “I had to compete and compete, not really saying too much, just letting my play do the talking and those guys will believe in me and follow my lead.”

John Wall 33 points last night vs NYK. Unfortunately, the rest of the team took the night off and we lost by 21... Laughing

Damn how we miss a healthy Bradley Beal. Sad

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
skinsfanLA

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:

Quote:
ROCK HILL, S.C. --- Tusculum College junior John-Austin Shepard has been named the South Atlantic Conference Baseball Pitcher of the Week announced league officials Tuesday.

The Haymarket, Va. reliever recorded a pair of wins and tied a program record with his eighth save as he led Tusculum to a 3-1 record last week.

The 2012 All-SAC and All-Region selection did not allow a run in his 7.1 innings of work. He limited the opposition to a .087 batting average, surrendering just a pair of singles, while walking one and striking out a dozen...

On the season, he has a 4-1 record and has lowered his ERA to 1.83 which is the second lowest in the league this season. He has also recorded 44 strikeouts in his 34.1 innings of work and is limiting the opposition to hit .197 against him.

Following Tuesday’s home contest with Trevecca Nazarene, the Pioneers will travel to Bristol, Tenn. on Wednesday to face King University for a 3 p.m. contest.

And...

Well it appears that my nephew has decided to snipe wins from the starting pitchers...to add to his saves.

Well, in a crazy game where it took a walk off double to win...John-Austin comes up with his third win in the last ten days.

With the playoffs less than two weeks away and the run for the College World Series...it's good he is able to be the doorstop for the team and Tusculum just keeps winning.

But on a personal note...with the MLB draft coming up in less than two months...he is white hot in what he is doing and the attention he is drawing.

Another game tomorrow!

That's awesome Thai!

I got interested and looked him up and he is getting a LOT of traction for the draft. I hope he gets picked early!

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Ahhhh the old "unnamed source". It's been way too long, my very credible friend!
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skinsfanLA wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:

Quote:

And...

Another game tomorrow!

That's awesome Thai!

I got interested and looked him up and he is getting a LOT of traction for the draft. I hope he gets picked early!

Don't take it personally, Thai, but I'd rather he doesn't get picked up early. Say, late second round (since the Nats gave up their first to get Soriano)? Very Happy
Woz

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In other news, I just want to know why we didn't at least give this guy a tryout?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/havard-kickalicious-rugland-signs-detroit-lions-212003247--nfl.html
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
In other news, I just want to know why we didn't at least give this guy a tryout?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/havard-kickalicious-rugland-signs-detroit-lions-212003247--nfl.html
17/18 with a long of 50

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/playercard?playerId=14816&src=desktop&src=desktop

Woz

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Woz wrote:

17/18 with a long of 50

He can also punt. It is arguable whether Rocca can anymore.
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, my nephew DID IT!!

He is now the sole owner of his college's single season saves record.

He was brought in yesterday with his team up 3-2 with the bases loaded and NO outs.

He got the first batter to line out and the second batter to hit into a double play. End of the inning after coming in cold with bases loaded (a tense situation to say the least).

He then threw two more shutout innings. The first he struck out all three batters he faced and then the last inning he struck out the first and the the third batter hit into a double play to end the game.

http://www.tusculumpioneers.com/article.asp?articleID=4213

Quote:
GREENEVILLE, Tenn. --- Tusculum reliever John-Austin Shepard got out of a bases-loaded, no-out jam in the seventh inning to preserve a 5-2 victory over South Atlantic Conference front-runner Wingate Friday night at Pioneer Park.

Shepard tossed three shutout innings to record his SAC-leading ninth save, which is a new school record breaking the previous mark set by himself last season and Wes Hill’s 2006 save tally...

The Pioneers went to their ace Shepard. It was an all but familiar scenario for the TC right-hander. In last year’s SAC Tournament championship game against Wingate, he inherited a situation with two-runners on and no-out situation with Tusculum holding onto a one-run lead. He would strike out the heart of the Wingate order to preserve the win in that contest.

This time it was a bases-loaded a no-out problem he inherited. He got the first out when Eric Serra lined out to Crisson. Bill Krebs, who hit a solo homer an inning earlier, grounded into an inning ending double play to preserve the TC lead.

Tusculum added a pair of insurance runs in the eighth inning, highlighted by a RBI single off the bat of Cade Stallings.

Shepard retired the side in order in the eighth and got a game-ending double play in the ninth, the third of the contest for the Tusculum defense.

Some stats for you:

First, the Tusculum College Career Saves Record:

Career Saves
SV Player Years
23 Wes Hill 2003-06
20 John-Austin Shepard 2011-present
18 Justin Aldridge 2000-03
11 Jason Davis 2002-03
11 Mat Galens 2004-08
10 Mark Fraser 1995-96
8 Tio McLean 2007-09
7 Michael Franklin 2009-12
7 Rob Currie 2008-09
6 Ben Swaggerty 2004-07
5 Brian Lovett 2003-04

Here is the Tusculum College Single Season Saves Record he broke tonight:

SV Player Year
9 John-Austin Shepard 2013
8 Wes Hill 2006
8 John-Austin Shepard 2012
7 Justin Aldridge 2002
7 Wes Hill 2005
6 Justin Aldridge 2000
6 Jason Davis 2002
6 Wes Hill 2004
6 Ben Swaggerty 2007
6 Rob Currie 2009
5 Mark Fraser 1995
5 Mark Fraser 1996
5 Chris Trotter 1999
5 Justin Aldridge 2001
5 Jason Davis 2003
5 Mat Galens 2007

------------------------------

After setting the school season saves record, here are the numbers:

9: Record for saves in a season at Tusculum (last year he tied it at Cool

3: Number of saves needed to reach all time Tusculum saves record

6: Number of saves needed to reach all time South Atlantic Conference Record

12: Number of saves needed to reach the all time NCAA record

-------------------------------

And remember the pitchers he's in the mix with in terms of the record books did these in 4 years. He's still in his 3rd year (with the playoffs still to come). Of course if he keeps it up he might get some good news in this coming MLB draft and will forego a chance to break the all time NCAA record.

Last edited by Thaiphoon on Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
skinsfanLA wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:

Quote:

And...

Another game tomorrow!

That's awesome Thai!

Don't take it personally, Thai, but I'd rather he doesn't get picked up early. Say, late second round (since the Nats gave up their first to get Soriano)? Very Happy

Yeah. Would be a dream for him and my family to be able to go see him play regularly. Its hard being in NoVa to get down to see him play in Tennessee on a regular basis.

turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Woz wrote:

17/18 with a long of 50

really? Last year was Rocca's best year ever as far as net goes, and he did most of it with a torn meniscus

http://m.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2013/03/12/redskins-bringing-back-punter-sav-rocca/

Quote:
Rocca made it through last season despite playing with a torn meniscus in his right knee, and he had surgery this offseason to repair it. Despite his injury, Rocca averaged a career-high 43.9 yards per punt in 2012.

Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick Baseball Update:

So, Tusculum baseball had third place locked up going into the last game today. But after John-Austin's save last night...Wingate had to beat TC both games today to win the SAC regular season championship.

After losing the first game, TC took a 1-0 lead going into the 4th inning. With bases load and one out...in comes JA after they had tied the game up. So the save is off...JA is trying to snipe another win.

Well, Wingate was able to cobble two runs over the next two innings. With Tusculum losing 3-1 in the bottom of the last inning, Lights Out needs some help from his friends. Well, we manage to get two on with one out. Wingate sends in their closer...with Heath Comerford coming to the plate for TC.

One pitch....and Heath launches the ball into orbit over the left field fence!! TC wins 4-3!!

And John-Austin gets the win!

Last week, John-Austin was the South Atlantic Conference pitcher of the week...after getting two wins and one save.

This week, he again got two wins and one save and helped knock Wingate out of being the regular season champs.

Four wins and 2 saves in 10 days.

What a way to end the regular season.

An out of conference game Monday...and then the playoff run to the College World Series begins Thursday!

Woz

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Woz wrote:

17/18 with a long of 50

really? Last year was Rocca's best year ever as far as net goes, and he did most of it with a torn meniscus

http://m.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2013/03/12/redskins-bringing-back-punter-sav-rocca/

Quote:
Rocca made it through last season despite playing with a torn meniscus in his right knee, and he had surgery this offseason to repair it. Despite his injury, Rocca averaged a career-high 43.9 yards per punt in 2012.

43.9 = Rocca's gross punting average, not his net (that was 37.2, the second lowest of his career). And where did Rocca's career year rank him in terms of punters last year (minimum of 50 punts)? 25th.

He's not a good punter.
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Woz wrote:

17/18 with a long of 50

Quote:

43.9 = Rocca's gross punting average, not his net (that was 37.2, the second lowest of his career). And where did Rocca's career year rank him in terms of punters last year (minimum of 50 punts)? 25th.

He's not a good punter.
i'll take him over the rent-a-punter we've had since Turk left! Wink Which is probably what you'll get if Rocca is cut

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 82, 83, 84 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 83 of 100

Jump to: