Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Things Other Than the Redskins Thread 4.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 81, 82, 83 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well my nephew tied the single season save record for his college today! This is the same single season record he tied last year and he still has something like 14 more games left (not including the playoffs).

Today he was brought in in the 8th inning with one out and got the next batter out (one of their best hitters) and then finished the inning with a strikeout. Then in the 9th inning he sat down all three batters he faced, including back to back strikeouts.

Quote:
GREENEVILLE, Tenn. --- The Tusculum College baseball team scored three times in the sixth inning, while relief pitcher John-Austin Shepard tied a school record with his eighth save of the year in the Pioneersí 6-3 win over Young Harris College Wednesday afternoon at Pioneer Park.
Valichka singled up the middle with one out in the eighth inning, bringing Bricknell to the plate in search of his fourth hit of the day. Shepard took the mound as he got the second out on a Bricknell fielderís choice and ended the inning with a strikeout of pinch-hitter Bowen Klosinski.

Shepard retired the side in order in the ninth, including a pair of strikeouts for his SAC-leading eighth save of year, tying the save total he posted in 2012 and Wes Hillís eight saves during the 2006 campaign.

Shepard retired all five batters he would face and recorded three strikeouts.

Good picture of him here in mid-pitch.

http://tusculumpioneers.com/article.asp?articleID=4183

In his 59 save opportunities as a closer (since H.S., through 2.5 years in college and 2 summers of collegiate summer ball), he has earned a save 53 times (53 of 59). Not bad at all.

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holly crap Thai! That's awesome Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Jeezy Fanatic

Location: The DMV; Proud Alumnus of the University of Miami, Class of 2011
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember those times everyone thought Ovi was done?

Where you go we'll follow! Let's go USMNT!!!!
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://tusculumpioneers.com/article.asp?articleID=4188

My nephew came in last night with one out, one on and the game tied in the bottom of the 7th. He got a flyout and strikeout to end the threat...going 2 and 2/3rds scoreless innings to get the win tonight.

While we love TC wins, and we like J-A getting the win on the bump...if he had come in one batter earlier, Tusculum would have been winning...and he would have been up for his 9th save, which would have broke his own record of last year and this year.

But as I said, a win is a win! Maybe the next save will be tomorrow.

Here are two pictures of him turning the lights out tonight. Notice the right hand...someone is about to get the GSD.

Brian23

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is he from the area? Do the Nats like local guys? I know they love Brothers apparently but dunno if they go out of their way for local guys.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wizards break 9 game losing streak vs the Pacers tonight. Game ended up 104-85. Again, the defense leads the way and John Wall.

John Wall continues to be on fire and the Wizards are up 7 on Indiana in the 2nd quarter. In 15 minutes he is 7/8 from the field.

15 PTs, 2 ast, 1 Stl and 2 blks

Shocked Cool

Wall has 26 pts, 2 ast, 2 stl, 2 blks in the first half!!

Wall finished with 37 PTs, 4 reb, 5 ast, 2 stl, 2 blk

Seraphin shot 7/10 and had 15 PTs, 4 reb, 2 ast, 1 bk off the bench
Cool Dancing Applause
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ovechkin 4 points tonight, 3 goals in a4-3 win to remain in 1st place in the SE Division. Cool
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian23 wrote:
Is he from the area? Do the Nats like local guys? I know they love Brothers apparently but dunno if they go out of their way for local guys.

He plays ball at Tusculum in eastern Tennessee. But yes, he's a local guy. My brother and his family live in Haymarket (just a little west of Manassas).

I certainly hope they like local guys because I'd love to see him play at Nats stadium alot!

Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow...

Baseball update: After getting the win in relief Friday night, my nephew was again called as the backstop on Saturday afternoon.

With Tusculum losing 3-0 and three innings left to play, he was sent in by Coach Jones to make sure the Bears did not score again...and to give Tusculum's offense a chance to find its footing.

In the next to last inning, the offense exploded for 4 runs.

In the meantime, John-Austin threw three scoreless innings, striking out 5.

So, this week, he has had two wins and one save, pitching 7.1 innings of shutout baseball and 12 strikeouts.

Lights Out.

His record this year is 4-1 with 8 Saves (which is the school record for a single season) with a ton more games still to play (including the playoffs). He's 4th in the nation in Saves.

This link below and the blurb is from Thursday (before his Fri/Sat wins).

http://www.tusculumpioneers.com/article.asp?articleID=4185

Quote:
Junior reliever John-Austin Shepard is fourth in the nation with his eight saves. The Haymarket, Va. product leads the league with his eight saves, which tie a TC single-season mark, matching the tally Shepard posted in 2012 and Wes Hillís eight saves in 2006. The All-SAC first team selection has recorded 19 saves in his career, which are second in school history and the fifth most in the SAC record book.

EDIT: Some people have messaged me as to what I meant by "GSD" in the pictures above. Its a nickname his H.S. teammates (who also nicknamed him "Lights Out") gave to his wicked slider.

GSD = "Go Sit Down"

Marcus21

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somehow u managed to get me interested in Tusculum Baseball. Im going to try and get down there and check out one of their games in the next couple of weeks and see what all the hype is about!!!! Their stadium is abotu 20 mins from my house!!!
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Video highlights of Wall dominating vs The Pacers last night

http://wizofawes.com/2013/04/07/watch-john-wall-dominates-against-indiana-full-video-highlights/?utm_source=FanSided+Daily&utm_medium=email
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ovechkin 16 goals 7 ast in last 14 games! He's tied for the NHL lead in goals Cool Dancing
mike23md

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Bruins are still 10 pts higher than the Caps. Haha.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezy Fanatic wrote:
Remember those times everyone thought Ovi was done?
Haha. Yeah. I can't believe people just didn't realize that Ovi and the entire team were just getting used to their 2nd system in a years time and coming off the lockout it was hard to get everything together so fast.

Then Green and Brooks were hurt and they didn't have Semin opposite Ovi anymore.

Anyways, it's pretty clear they've learned the system and got everything ironed out and Ovi isn't thinking anymore on the ice, he's just playing again. Plus, Holtby is playing amazing in goal.

It's funny because now I'm hearing hockey guys again say he's playing the best in the game right now and like you said a few months ago those same guys were saying maybe he had just been a player who peaked in his early 20's and the caps wasted a huge contract on him. Lmao
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
My Bruins are still 10 pts higher than the Caps. Haha.
better hope you don't play us again... it will end up like last year, especially if we have home ice! Wink

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 81, 82, 83 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 82 of 100

Jump to: