Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Things Other Than the Redskins Thread 4.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MKnight82

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
What do you guys think of my fantasy team? I'm in a weird league where we have 12 people and its starts: 2 QBs, 2 RBs, 2 WRs, 2 Flex, 1 TE, 1 DEF, & 1 K. So obviously going into the draft I knew the league would need 24 starting QBs and only would leave 8 more for backups. So I knew I'd have to go QB early. Here's my lineup and bench:

QB - Cam Newton
QB - Michael Vick
HB - Matt Forte
HB - Cedric Benson
WR - Brandon Marshall
WR - Pierre Garcon
Flex - Percy Harvin
Flex - Darius Heyward Bay
TE - Jacob Tamme
DEF - Redskins
K - Shayne Graham

Bench

HB - Rashad Jennings
QB - Andrew Luck
HB - Rashard Mendenhall
TE - Jermaine Gresham
WR - Randall Cobb
RB - Ronnie Brown
WR - Brandon Lafell
TE - Tony Moeaki
DEF - Patriots

Since both my starting QBs are possible injury risks I took Luck as a backup since he has no one challenging for a starting job (unlike some of the other backup options). I think I'm a little weak at RB but swung for the fences on some big risks like Jennings (MJD might come back), Mendenhall (injured), and Ronnie Brown (starting but who knows when Ryan Matthews comes back). I think I'm pretty stacked at WR. I didn't land one of the top TEs so I'm just throwing a bunch at the wall and seeing what sticks. Also I couldn't land one of the top DEF so I took two and plan on playing whoever has a better matchup that week. So what do you think?

Not a fan of keeping two defenses at the same time on the roster. Last year I used Cincinnati's defense for 4 weeks, cut them and used another defense for a few, back to Cincy, then on to another defense that had a favorable slate of games.

2 defenses are not needed on the roster. You're missing out on a WR or RB that could be good depth
Thanks for your input. Normally I'd agree but in this 12 man league there's almost nothing available in FA. Here's a list of some available guys:

Javid Best - RB
Danny Amendola - WR
Brian Quick - WR
Austin Collie - WR
Terrell Owens - WR
Merecedes Lewis - TE
Devery Henderson - WR
Dallas Clarke - TE
Devin Hester - WR
Ronnie Hillman - RB
Deion Branch - WR
Kevin Walter - WR

I'm not sure I'd ever start any of these players. Maybe if Magahee goes down in Denver and Ronnie Hillman becomes the starters. That's a lot of ifs.
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
What do you guys think of my fantasy team? I'm in a weird league where we have 12 people and its starts: 2 QBs, 2 RBs, 2 WRs, 2 Flex, 1 TE, 1 DEF, & 1 K. So obviously going into the draft I knew the league would need 24 starting QBs and only would leave 8 more for backups. So I knew I'd have to go QB early. Here's my lineup and bench:

QB - Cam Newton
QB - Michael Vick
HB - Matt Forte
HB - Cedric Benson
WR - Brandon Marshall
WR - Pierre Garcon
Flex - Percy Harvin
TE - Jacob Tamme
DEF - Redskins
K - Shayne Graham

Bench

HB - Rashad Jennings
QB - Andrew Luck
HB - Rashard Mendenhall
TE - Jermaine Gresham
WR - Randall Cobb
RB - Ronnie Brown
WR - Brandon Lafell
TE - Tony Moeaki
DEF - Patriots

Since both my starting QBs are possible injury risks I took Luck as a backup since he has no one challenging for a starting job (unlike some of the other backup options). I think I'm a little weak at RB but swung for the fences on some big risks like Jennings (MJD might come back), Mendenhall (injured), and Ronnie Brown (starting but who knows when Ryan Matthews comes back). I think I'm pretty stacked at WR. I didn't land one of the top TEs so I'm just throwing a bunch at the wall and seeing what sticks. Also I couldn't land one of the top DEF so I took two and plan on playing whoever has a better matchup that week. So what do you think?

Not a fan of keeping two defenses at the same time on the roster. Last year I used Cincinnati's defense for 4 weeks, cut them and used another defense for a few, back to Cincy, then on to another defense that had a favorable slate of games.

2 defenses are not needed on the roster. You're missing out on a WR or RB that could be good depth

Thaiphoon, you missed the fact that his bench depth is nine with eleven starters. Depending on when he drafted his second defense, it might have been the right call in comparison to the rest of the talent left available. Also, if there are twelve teams each with nine bench slots, you have to figure that at least 20 defenses have been taken at the bare minimum. He might not be able to taxi defenses in, especially during the bye weeks.
Woz

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:

QB - Cam Newton
QB - Michael Vick
HB - Matt Forte
HB - Cedric Benson
WR - Brandon Marshall
WR - Pierre Garcon
Flex - Percy Harvin
TE - Jacob Tamme
DEF - Redskins
K - Shayne Graham

Bench

HB - Rashad Jennings
QB - Andrew Luck
HB - Rashard Mendenhall
TE - Jermaine Gresham
WR - Randall Cobb
RB - Ronnie Brown
WR - Brandon Lafell
TE - Tony Moeaki
DEF - Patriots

Thanks for your input. Normally I'd agree but in this 12 man league there's almost nothing available in FA. Here's a list of some available guys:

Javid Best - RB
Danny Amendola - WR
Brian Quick - WR
Austin Collie - WR
Terrell Owens - WR
Merecedes Lewis - TE
Devery Henderson - WR
Dallas Clarke - TE
Devin Hester - WR
Ronnie Hillman - RB
Deion Branch - WR
Kevin Walter - WR

I'm not sure I'd ever start any of these players. Maybe if Magahee goes down in Denver and Ronnie Hillman becomes the starters. That's a lot of ifs.

That said, MKnight82, I think I might rather have Danny Amendola over Brandon Lafell. Yes, St. Louis' offense looks pretty bad, but someone's got to catch the balls there, especially if they're playing from behind a lot. Amendola is, for better or worse, the Rams #1 option. If you play in a PPR league, he could be a decent play.
MKnight82

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:

QB - Cam Newton
QB - Michael Vick
HB - Matt Forte
HB - Cedric Benson
WR - Brandon Marshall
WR - Pierre Garcon
Flex - Percy Harvin
TE - Jacob Tamme
DEF - Redskins
K - Shayne Graham

Bench

HB - Rashad Jennings
QB - Andrew Luck
HB - Rashard Mendenhall
TE - Jermaine Gresham
WR - Randall Cobb
RB - Ronnie Brown
WR - Brandon Lafell
TE - Tony Moeaki
DEF - Patriots

Thaiphoon, you missed the fact that his bench depth is nine with eleven starters. Depending on when he drafted his second defense, it might have been the right call in comparison to the rest of the talent left available. Also, if there are twelve teams each with nine bench slots, you have to figure that at least 20 defenses have been taken at the bare minimum. He might not be able to taxi defenses in, especially during the bye weeks.
There were 20 rounds in the draft. The final 3 rounds I drafted DEF, DEF, K.
MKnight82

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:

QB - Cam Newton
QB - Michael Vick
HB - Matt Forte
HB - Cedric Benson
WR - Brandon Marshall
WR - Pierre Garcon
Flex - Percy Harvin
TE - Jacob Tamme
DEF - Redskins
K - Shayne Graham

Bench

HB - Rashad Jennings
QB - Andrew Luck
HB - Rashard Mendenhall
TE - Jermaine Gresham
WR - Randall Cobb
RB - Ronnie Brown
WR - Brandon Lafell
TE - Tony Moeaki
DEF - Patriots

Javid Best - RB
Danny Amendola - WR
Brian Quick - WR
Austin Collie - WR
Terrell Owens - WR
Merecedes Lewis - TE
Devery Henderson - WR
Dallas Clarke - TE
Devin Hester - WR
Ronnie Hillman - RB
Deion Branch - WR
Kevin Walter - WR

That said, MKnight82, I think I might rather have Danny Amendola over Brandon Lafell. Yes, St. Louis' offense looks pretty bad, but someone's got to catch the balls there, especially if they're playing from behind a lot. Amendola is, for better or worse, the Rams #1 option. If you play in a PPR league, he could be a decent play.
I took LaFell just because of the Newton connection. Figured he might be decent for a bye week backup.
Woz

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll see. I could see Carolina going a bit run heavy, whereas I foresee the Rams being behind a lot.

Matter of taste I suppose.
MKnight82

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
We'll see. I could see Carolina going a bit run heavy, whereas I foresee the Rams being behind a lot.

Matter of taste I suppose.
Considering the amount of WRs I already have and that I avoided bye week conflicts I'll probably never use either. Unless of course I get decimated by injuries. *knocks on wood*
PARROTHEAD

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
BTW

Anyone seen midniterc?
Not since the spring. I hope he's ok

Your nephew sounds like a straight up beast Thai.

Thanks. Watch the video I posted of him. I think at the 2:30 mark and the 4:30 mark he throws his "GSD" ("Go Sit Down" --> the slider that I disagree with the assessment has great break and sink to it). The pitches make the batters look absolutely stupid!

This summer he was pitching (brought in to save) and one of the guys on the other team on first base was asking the first baseman as he was making the batters go sit down what that slider was. The first basemen said "its a 83mph slider" and the runner said:

"I can't hit that"

Just catching up with happenings. Awesome to hear the nephew is doing so well Thai. And may he have a better European trip than Chevy Chase ever did. Laughing

Trinidad: Where a man is born a man. Not a PC wimp.. HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
I took LaFell just because of the Newton connection. Figured he might be decent for a bye week backup.
LaFell is going to have a break out year I believe, great pick up Mknight82

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Woz

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:

Gentleman's bet for both of you then? No sigs or nothing, just bragging rights.

Classify it as this:
1 point per reception
1 point per 10 yards receiving
1 point per 10 yards rushing (if applicable)
1 point per 25 yards passing (if applicable)
6 points per receiving touchdown
6 points per rushing touchdown (if applicable)
4 points per passing touchdown (if applicable)
-2 points per fumble lost
-2 points per interception (if applicable)

Amendola v. LaFell: Who has the better fantasy season? No outs for injuries (sucks, but it is the question of the better pickup).
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:

Classify it as this:
1 point per reception

Amendola v. LaFell: Who has the better fantasy season? No outs for injuries (sucks, but it is the question of the better pickup).

I'm with Woz on this one. There's a reason I had Amendola on my fantasy team last year (prior to him getting hurt). Dude catches alot of passes.

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:

Classify it as this:
1 point per reception

Deal Woz masta! Cool

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
SeanTayorsaPIMP

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok guys, I know you're probably sick of fantasy draft advice, but I have the draft of my most expensive, hence most profitable FF league tonight. Here are the details. 12 man league, 2 PPR, kinda unusual lineup:
QB:
RB:
RB:
WR:
WR:
WR:
W/TE:
W/T:
W/R:
K:
DEF:

So as you see, a lot of spots for receivers. It's no secret that the WR position in fantasy is STACKED this year and with the top rated running backs in the past being so shaky, I try to go QB first round. Usually only take ARod, TB, or Brees in the first round. If they aren't there I look for the best availiable player no matter what position.
Now assume I got my QB first round. I then hope for the QB's top targets like Gronk, Welker, or Graham depending my QB. Don't think I'd take Jennings but i wouldn't hate it either. Then I start grabbing my RBs and load up on mid round receivers. What do you guys think about this strategy? Do you have any ideas? I'll know the draft position later today and I'll post it. Remember, it's 2 PPR so catches are the key things.

mike23md on the sig!
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SeanTayorsaPIMP wrote:
Ok guys, I know you're probably sick of fantasy draft advice, but I have the draft of my most expensive, hence most profitable FF league tonight. Here are the details. 12 man league, 2 PPR, kinda unusual lineup:
QB:
RB:
RB:
WR:
WR:
WR:
W/TE:
W/T:
W/R:
K:
DEF:

So as you see, a lot of spots for receivers. It's no secret that the WR position in fantasy is STACKED this year and with the top rated running backs in the past being so shaky, I try to go QB first round. Usually only take ARod, TB, or Brees in the first round. If they aren't there I look for the best availiable player no matter what position.
Now assume I got my QB first round. I then hope for the QB's top targets like Gronk, Welker, or Graham depending my QB. Don't think I'd take Jennings but i wouldn't hate it either. Then I start grabbing my RBs and load up on mid round receivers. What do you guys think about this strategy? Do you have any ideas? I'll know the draft position later today and I'll post it. Remember, it's 2 PPR so catches are the key things.
You gotta take Briscoe #1 don't ya? Laughing Rolling Eyes Jk, Jk everyone. Just trying to get a laugh going on in here.

SeanTayorsaPIMP

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SeanTayorsaPIMP wrote:
QB:
RB:
RB:
WR:
WR:
WR:
W/TE:
W/T:
W/R:
K:
DEF:

ok, draft is in 25 mins and i have the 5th pick. I'm going QB, Rodgers, Brady, Brees, in that order. I don't see Rodgers dropping to 5 so I will go Gronk or Graham in the next round. Then I need help. I'll keep you guys updated if you wanna help.

mike23md on the sig!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 59 of 100

Jump to: