Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

QB Josh Freeman signs 1 year deal with Giants
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
bucsEST96


Joined: 22 Sep 2009
Posts: 2169
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:07 am    Post subject: QB Josh Freeman signs 1 year deal with Giants Reply with quote

Quote:
Free agent Josh Freeman will work out for the Giants next week.
Freeman visited the Bears on Monday and is starting to get some play now that he's easily the top option remaining on the quarterback free-agent market. The Giants drafted Ryan Nassib in the fourth round last April and reportedly want to give him every opportunity to earn the No. 2 job behind Eli Manning. Freeman's addition would throw a wrench into those plans.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Acgott


Moderator
Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Posts: 7604
Location: USA
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Camp body if signed. Need another player to throw if Eli's rehab takes a little longer than planned
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bucsEST96


Joined: 22 Sep 2009
Posts: 2169
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@RVacchianoNYDN: Josh Freeman may not be the only vet QB the Giants workout in the near future. They have also reached out to free agent QB Matt Flynn.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
w4rrior723


Joined: 27 Dec 2006
Posts: 5002
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You would thing we'd be the first team to not want anything to do with him after having a front row seat to his finest performance of ineptitude last season.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bigblew


Joined: 08 Jan 2010
Posts: 88
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Supposedly looking into Flynn as well. So glad we traded up for Nassib
I know Painter sucks but if Nassib can't beat the trio of freeman Flynn and painter than it was a total waste of a pick
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bucsEST96


Joined: 22 Sep 2009
Posts: 2169
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@RVacchianoNYDN: Josh Freeman may not be the only vet QB the Giants workout in the near future. They have also reached out to free agent QB Matt Flynn.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bballbkd1001


Joined: 04 Feb 2009
Posts: 3736
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigblew wrote:
Supposedly looking into Flynn as well. So glad we traded up for Nassib
I know Painter sucks but if Nassib can't beat the trio of freeman Flynn and painter than it was a total waste of a pick


since brady took helm in 2000, the patriots have drafted 6 quarterbacks...

looking to draft another qb with mallet leaving in free agency next year
_________________


^^^ Huge props Rase on the Sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Harbinger


Joined: 03 Feb 2014
Posts: 50
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you hyped Nassib to the point of trading up then he should be a backup by now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bballbkd1001


Joined: 04 Feb 2009
Posts: 3736
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harbinger wrote:
If you hyped Nassib to the point of trading up then he should be a backup by now.


You'd think nassib and painter would be enough camp bodies.
just give nassib the reigns for the off-season and see how he does. Mcadoo must not like this kid
_________________


^^^ Huge props Rase on the Sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Acgott


Moderator
Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Posts: 7604
Location: USA
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bballbkd1001 wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
If you hyped Nassib to the point of trading up then he should be a backup by now.


You'd think nassib and painter would be enough camp bodies.
just give nassib the reigns for the off-season and see how he does. Mcadoo must not like this kid

In the offseason there are 90 man rosters, the Giants play 5 preseason games, and their top quarterback just had surgery. There are many reasons for signing a quarterback and it may not have anything to do with Nassib
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WiscoBlue21


Joined: 09 Jan 2014
Posts: 207
Location: Wisconsin
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think Mac like him, he wants to bring in his guys who he likes to run his system. Never been a hue fan of Nassib, saw him play a few times at Syracuse but never loved what I saw. Maybe its just me but I dont look and Nassib and see the "New York Giants" franchise quarterback.

Either way...no thanks to Freeman, he had one good year and hasnt been the same. I can see Matt Flynn but then again I see him back with Green Bay anyway.

I think we have invested so much money and lived such great moments with Eli that I dont think we will get another franchise QB until Eli finally says he's finished. Then we will Have to trade up in the first like before or maybe we are already picking first..but either way people need to realize that Eli isn't getting any younger and one day he wont be our QB

bballbkd1001 wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
If you hyped Nassib to the point of trading up then he should be a backup by now.


You'd think nassib and painter would be enough camp bodies.
just give nassib the reigns for the off-season and see how he does. Mcadoo must not like this kid
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bucsEST96


Joined: 22 Sep 2009
Posts: 2169
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WiscoBlue21 wrote:
I dont think Mac like him, he wants to bring in his guys who he likes to run his system. Never been a hue fan of Nassib, saw him play a few times at Syracuse but never loved what I saw. Maybe its just me but I dont look and Nassib and see the "New York Giants" franchise quarterback.

Either way...no thanks to Freeman, he had one good year and hasnt been the same. I can see Matt Flynn but then again I see him back with Green Bay anyway.

I think we have invested so much money and lived such great moments with Eli that I dont think we will get another franchise QB until Eli finally says he's finished. Then we will Have to trade up in the first like before or maybe we are already picking first..but either way people need to realize that Eli isn't getting any younger and one day he wont be our QB

bballbkd1001 wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
If you hyped Nassib to the point of trading up then he should be a backup by now.


You'd think nassib and painter would be enough camp bodies.
just give nassib the reigns for the off-season and see how he does. Mcadoo must not like this kid



2good yrs actually
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bballbkd1001


Joined: 04 Feb 2009
Posts: 3736
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acgott wrote:
bballbkd1001 wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
If you hyped Nassib to the point of trading up then he should be a backup by now.


You'd think nassib and painter would be enough camp bodies.
just give nassib the reigns for the off-season and see how he does. Mcadoo must not like this kid

In the offseason there are 90 man rosters, the Giants play 5 preseason games, and their top quarterback just had surgery. There are many reasons for signing a quarterback and it may not have anything to do with Nassib


I dont think the giants have ever had more than 3 qbs on there 90 man roster tho. Seems like waste of space. Also eli will be ready by last week of may.
_________________


^^^ Huge props Rase on the Sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Acgott


Moderator
Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Posts: 7604
Location: USA
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bballbkd1001 wrote:
Acgott wrote:
bballbkd1001 wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
If you hyped Nassib to the point of trading up then he should be a backup by now.


You'd think nassib and painter would be enough camp bodies.
just give nassib the reigns for the off-season and see how he does. Mcadoo must not like this kid

In the offseason there are 90 man rosters, the Giants play 5 preseason games, and their top quarterback just had surgery. There are many reasons for signing a quarterback and it may not have anything to do with Nassib


I dont think the giants have ever had more than 3 qbs on there 90 man roster tho. Seems like waste of space. Also eli will be ready by last week of may.

The rosters just increased from 80 to 90 in 2012.

We are playing 5 preseason games

2011 offseason roster we had Eli, David Carr, Sage Rosenfels, Ryan Perrilloux
2010 offseason roster we had Eli, Riley Skinner, Jim Sorgi, Rhett Bomar

Those both were with 80 man rosters
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GmenSeattle


Moderator
Joined: 19 Jan 2009
Posts: 9827
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we were confident in Eli we would've extended him this offseason but we're not. There's reports out that reinforce it.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/1657/eli-manning

Quote:
ESPN's Dan Graziano reports the Giants have concerns Eli Manning is entering the decline stage of his career.

Manning turned 33 in January. Per Graziano, it's part of the reason the G-Men decided not to extend Eli's contract this offseason, which would have provided significant cap relief. The Giants are hoping Manning is "energized" by the arrival of OC Ben McAdoo, but there's no guarantee he can rebound from the regression he showed in 2013. The Giants lost Hakeem Nicks and failed to upgrade at wide receiver or tight end in free agency, so Manning will be working with mostly the same supporting cast as last year. Manning recently underwent ankle surgery, but is expected to be ready for training camp.

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group