Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFL Total Control Forum-wide Mock Draft - Invitation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Vote in your GM
fracdaddy14
50%
 50%  [ 3 ]
Ice_Dude_2008
50%
 50%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 6

ny92jefferis

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:32 pm    Post subject: NFL Total Control Forum-wide Mock Draft - Invitation Reply with quote

NFL Total Control 2016®
General Manager Mock Draft

Congratulations are in order, as you all are invited to take part in this year’s Total Control forum wide mock draft. Give yourselves a round of applause, a pat on the back, or whatever it is that you do to get pumped up.

Before you go rushing to sign-up, first a little background about this mock draft.

For those of you, who are not familiar with me or my work, my first mock draft was actually helping out as lead capologist during the 2014 season of FFMD I. I considered it a great honor and something I took very seriously as I do with all mock drafts that I’m associated with. I also worked with ‘15 FFMD crew in creating the google doc for the shark tank.

I’ve spent the past two years asking anyone and everyone that would listen; how they would simplify the structure of a forum wide mock - not only for the owner but more importantly its members - without sacrificing the realism and complexity of an extensive offseason. I have taken your understanding of what a mock draft should be and with the help of several members (including sparky151, MKnight82, BringinDaPain, davidderion, Sir mission27, TLO, and VCP) begun to lay the groundwork for this mock draft.

Each year, more and more members have contributed to the overall success of Total Control. This year, we’ve got our Commissioner, IDOG_det, and fellow moderator zelbell as well as EaglesPeteC, who I consider a valuable member of the forum. I’d like to say thanks to those guys, along with everyone who has participated in any of my previous mock drafts, as none of this would be possible without your relentless participation and understanding of what it takes to run a mock draft.

For those that do know me and have participated in any of my mock drafts I encourage you all to get the word out about this mock. Let’s make this offseason a great one.

Click HERE to Sign-up

Our estimated START DATE for this mock draft is February 2nd.

Our Staff members include:

Operations Management:
ny92jefferis (that's me)
zelbell (moderator)
davidderion

Commissioner:
IDOG_det (moderator)

Draft Management:
BringinDaPain
EaglesPeteC

Media and Marketing
mission27
EaglesPeteC
zelbell

Coaches
We are assigning one coach for each division, these men are members that participated in my previous mock draft and have a good idea of how the docs work, their job will be to assist you with navigating and better understanding the google docs. Coaches will still have the ability to GM or assist their respected team. For issues with the docs, sample docs will be provided for teaching purposes, so do not share your private docs with anyone outside your team.

Our Coaches:

AFC North
cbrunn2
sparky151

AFC East
NickChowaniec

AFC South
jch1911

AFC West
KingBishop

NFC North
CaliforniaKid7

NFC East

MKnight82

NFC South
djw4bucs

NFC West
CHOMP_CHOMP

We’ll give everyone involved a few days to get comfortable with the docs, to ask any questions that they may have prior to starting this mock, but as always if you have questions or concerns please don’t hesitate to ask either a coach or one of us. We will be happy to help.

Unlike most mock draft within the forum and really the only mock draft we have to compare to is FFMD as it has been the only forum wide mock draft permitted until now.

With this mock, we’ve altered much of how the free agency works. Gone is the “talent agency”. Gone are the required pitches to go along with bids on the top talent. Gone is the subjective decisions from the “agents”. Gone is the open market bidding that is the “shark tank”. I felt that the structure of these events led to much of the disagreements that we so often see with this structure.

This new style of free agency is built on the blind bidding concept, but rather than put players in tiers as does the structure of the “talent agency” it limited what teams could do with their team if they had not interest for that group of tiered players. This free agency you’re allowed to bid on any player you wish, allowing any team with or without a lot of cap room to successfully land free agents.

How the process works is that each player has a predetermined APY assigned to them, which you have access to. Rather than having a talent agency or shark tank, this mock uses bidding rounds to move the free agency along. There are typically 10 to 12 bidding rounds, within each bidding round your team is allowed to bid on a total of 3 free agents. Doesn’t matter which free agents, can be top talent or depth, it doesn’t matter. So unlike most mocks where you have 32 teams bidding on anywhere from 5 to 10 players within a tier. There are 32 teams placing 3 bids on over 400+ free agents. It drastically increases your odds of landing your targeted players providing you bid correctly.

We’ve also changed the way resigning players are conducted. Rather than relying on a well thought out pitch, a contract where the base salary is guaranteed 5 years into the contract, and a little luck. This mock uses a process called “reserve bids”. What you do is for those players you would like to resign you create a contract for them using the docs, which will be explained in greater detail later, the created contracts are called your reserve bids. The reserve bidding process has what we call triggers, meaning some event has to happen before that player is entered into the award process. There are three types of triggers that will get your player resigned. Either another team places a bid on your reserve player or you use one of your 3 allotted bids to offer that player a contract. The last trigger takes places several rounds into the mock draft, in the past it was round 4. After that round, any players with reserve contracts that had not signed or resigned all resigned with their original team at the amount of the reserve bid.

To provide a little leverage for reserve contracts, during the award process for each round the original team is awarded a 7% Average per Year (APY) increase, call it a home field advantage if you will.

This process from creating the bid to being awarded takes very little time, due to the use of the docs to create your contracts. The docs also prevent mistakes within the structure of the contract as well. Trust me, once you grasp the concept, it's a much easier and error free solution than before.

I mentioned at the beginning that each player has a predetermined APY, which is the lowest amount of money that the player will accept, anything less than that, the contract will not be accepted. Now determining the APY isn’t easy and there is always players valued to high or too low but because of the structure of the free agency and the next bit of information I’m about to drop on you, basically auto corrects itself. So if a player is valued to low, then obviously teams are going to be drawn into making contract offers to those players over players overvalued. For overvalued players in this mock draft, after the first round of bidding in complete, every odd number round of bidding (3,5,7,9,11) the expected APY for all players will decrease 20% or vet min whichever is higher. BTW, all of these calculations are done for you using the docs, so not to stress on the math.

For example: Anquan Boldin in this mock is valued at 13.642million APY. Thats pretty high for a player of his age. But after round 2 his APY drops to 10.9 million, in round five 8.1 m, 7 down to 5.4m, 9 down to 2.7, and in round 11 it's the vet min at 985k. Remember all the math is done for you so please don’t let this overwhelm you. This structure allows for players of talent that might be aging or overvalued to last a bit longer in the free agency, much like what happens IRL.

We’ll be providing a much more extensive set of guidelines soon but wanted to get a brief overview of the differences between this mock and others.

Anyway I hope I haven’t confused you with all of numbers I tossed out but know that we’ve got more than enough willing members to provide their time and assistance so that the transition into this version of a mock draft is easy and fun for everyone.

We look forward to working with you all in making this a great mock draft experience during the offseason.

If you have questions, please post them in this thread and one of our staff will be more than happy to answer any of your questions.

Thanks IDOG_det

Last edited by ny92jefferis on Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
ny92jefferis

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reserved

Thanks IDOG_det
fracdaddy14

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've participated in varying degrees to past Giants FFMD (includiny with ny92jeffries) including one as GM as well as a bunch in mock forums until a couple years ago. I have some time now and would like to join if others are willing to help. Like the streamlined concept of what you guys are doing.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fracdaddy14 wrote:
I've participated in varying degrees to past Giants FFMD (includiny with ny92jeffries) including one as GM as well as a bunch in mock forums until a couple years ago. I have some time now and would like to join if others are willing to help. Like the streamlined concept of what you guys are doing.

Thanks man. You should go ahead and sign up to GM. We are letting members vote in their gm but you gotta sign up to be elected.

Thanks IDOG_det
GMENNATION

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I participated lightly last year (for the first time) and it was quite fun. I'd love to help out again but still will not have a ton of time so I'd like to just be a contributor without a dedicated role.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GMENNATION wrote:
I participated lightly last year (for the first time) and it was quite fun. I'd love to help out again but still will not have a ton of time so I'd like to just be a contributor without a dedicated role.

Yes!....Giants fans representing!

Thanks IDOG_det
Ice_Dude_2008

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put my name in for consideration. I've run FFMD2 twice as the GM, and I was assistant GM last year (but finished as the full GM).
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be your commissioner for this years version of NFL Total Control 2016. This years version is going to be a great one, and everyone is invited to come sign up to be the GM of your favorite team. In addition to myself, ny92jefferis, zelbell, davidderion, BringinDaPain, EaglesPeteC, and mission27, there will be a number of TCMD Coaches at your disposal to help and coach you through the operation of the google docs. MKnight82 will be the designated TCMD coach for all of the NFC East teams. If you've participated before and are interesting in joining and being a coach, PM either myself or ny92jefferis and we can see where we may need your help.

I definitely recommend getting involved with this mock draft, even if it just in a minor role, because this is going to be a lot of fun. This is not a replacement for FFMD, but I do think that it is going to be a lot more fun than some of the past FFMD's. Being a GM will be a lot easier than before because of the google docs that we use, which do a lot of the work for you.

ramssuperbowl99 wrote:
The guy from Rain Man has better people skills than Harbaugh

R.I.P. Stylish
ny92jefferis

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got a poll created to vote in your Giants GM.

Voting will be available for 2 days.

Thanks.

Thanks IDOG_det
fracdaddy14

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have notified I will be your fearless GM. Please list your requested jobs, responsibilities, etc so I can make a master list. I will make a discussion/update thread as usual with stuff like ffmd. Let's kick butt and have fun. WE HAVE CAP ROOM!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: