Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

OL Eric Herman put on Practice Squad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Acgott

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:23 pm    Post subject: OL Eric Herman put on Practice Squad Reply with quote

Quote:
Eric Herman has been suspended the first 4 games of the 2014 regular season for violating the NFL policy on performance enhancing substances

https://twitter.com/Giants/status/497790142313418752
http://www.giants.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Guard-Eric-Herman-suspended-for-four-games/859a8060-b625-4798-80cb-88f4b1433c3a

STATEMENT FROM ERIC HERMAN:
Quote:
"The NFL requires a therapeutic use exemption (TUE) for permission to take certain medications. I have a TUE for one medication, but not another stimulant that treats the same condition. Unfortunately, a stimulant for which I don’t have a TUE was in my body, and the rules are very strict, so I am taking responsibility and I sincerely apologize to my teammates, coaches and the club. This won’t happen again, and I will spend the four weeks working hard to be ready to return to work.”

Even if that is true how hard is it to double check.

He was probably going to be cut anyway, so this could be needed depth if injuries hit in September and preseason without a roster spot

Last edited by Acgott on Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:18 pm; edited 3 times in total
bigbluefan80

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, im really upset with whats gone on with some of our roster. Our team has for the most of its existence has been a class organization. This is seriously a friggon joke that yet another knucklehead on this squad just doesn't get it. Seriously WTF.

Im Wellington Mara the IV -
And I approve this message.

No but really him and Hosley, cya.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't they have access to NFL or team doctors during the off season to make sure everything they take is ok ?
dkebones

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

should've just jacked his wife in the face and knocked her out so he only got two games instead...
dkebones

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shotgundraw wrote:
Don't they have access to NFL or team doctors during the off season to make sure everything they take is ok ?

thought we saw this with someone else, i remember seeing something on outside the lines (or something like that) where they talked about how the doctors actually won't give an opinion on a substance unless its something they are directly prescribing it. not in any way saying guys don't have responsibility for what they put in their body, but not sure they can just rely on their team doctors either.
Acgott

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Filed from Mort and me:
Upon agreement of term sheet for new drug policy, these players will be reinstated: Broncos WR Wes Welker, Rams WR Steadman Bailey, Cowboys DB Orlando Scandrick, Giants OL Eric Herman and former Vikings DE Spencer Nealy.
WRs Josh Gordon and former Colt LaVon Brazill will have their season-long suspensions reduced to 10 games.
Gordon continues to be allowed to work out at the Browns’ training facility.
The seven above names are part of the estimated 20 who will be affected by the new policy once it is approved by the NFL, which is likely to occur in the next 24 hours.

https://www.facebook.com/AdamSchefter/posts/820627567989886

Giants probably won't sign him to the active roster, but could be a candidate for practice squad
minutemancl

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should put him in for Richburg and have Richburg slide over for Walton. Can't be any worse than what we have now.

Let me give you my personal opinion, on what I think has happened.
It all started with the release of the coke machine in Brandon Jacobs.
Acgott

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Eric Herman is back. Says the team is applying for the commissioners exemption and he's awaiting word. Watched practice in full pads today

If no exemption is granted, the Giants would need to make a roster to move to put him on the active roster or practice squad
w4rrior723

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

minutemancl wrote:
Should put him in for Richburg and have Richburg slide over for Walton. Can't be any worse than what we have now.

I've seen the Giants o-line play A LOT worse than they played this past Sunday. I'm not saying they were great but they actually gave Eli something to work with.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

w4rrior723 wrote:
minutemancl wrote:

I've seen the Giants o-line play A LOT worse than they played this past Sunday. I'm not saying they were great but they actually gave Eli something to work with.

Yeah Walton is just not that good though. Richburg should be starting at center and Walton shouldn't even be starting. Hopefully that's the case once Schwartz returns. Also, I thought Beatty actually played well last game. Would be so nice not having to spend our first, possibly high pick, reaching for need on a rookie tackle who may need time to develop or possibly not even pan out at all. Would also be nice if Donnell keeps it up throughout the season, and the pick wouldn't have to be a Tight End either.
D. Lawrence, J. Matthews, W. Richburg, J. Amaro, J. Attaochu, D. Adams
Acgott

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Eric Herman's roster exemption is for two days. #nyg

We have until 4 PM Friday to decide what to do with him. Either cut someone on the 53 roster, the practice squad, or cut Herman
Acgott

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The #Giants waived OL Eric Herman. Could still return on the practice squad if he clears waivers.

https://twitter.com/JordanRaanan/status/513062076877901824

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: