Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

State of the New York Giants

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Braylon4MVP

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:00 pm    Post subject: State of the New York Giants Reply with quote

Hey guys, I’m starting a personal project and I have a few questions for the members of each team’s forum. Please don’t feel like I’m asking you to answer all of these questions.. Any input any of you guys have, in any way, would be GREATLY appreciated. I’m essentially trying to gain as much knowledge as I can about each individual team’s schemes and players. Here are some guideline questions that I would love feedback on, but any type of info you have would be awesome.

Offense:
-What kind of offense do you run?
-What kind of blocking scheme?
-Does your offense run through a specific skill player?
-Are you expecting significant changes from last year’s offense?

Defense:
-What kind of defense do you run?
-Are you heavy into man or zone coverage? Do your DBs press often?
-Are you a defense that places high value on pressuring the quarterback?
-When facing a superstar (Julio Jones, Antonio Brown. Gronk, etc) do you generally say “make the rest of the offense beat us” or “he’s going to get his anyway, let him get his, he won’t single –handidly defeat us”?
-Are you expecting significant changes from last year’s defense?

Player Specific:
Most productive offensive player?
Defensive player with greatest impact?
Breakout offensive player?
Breakout defensive player?

Please don’t feel like I’m asking for huge in depth answers! I would love them and greatly appreciate them, but any contribution you guys are willing to make would be awesome! As well as obviously greatly helping me, I feel this could be a nice topic for conversation to spark activity during the forum’s greatest down time. Thank you!

John Frusciante FTW
Red Hot Chili Peppers FTW
Gmen

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Offense:
-What kind of offense do you run? Some form of the west coast offense.
-What kind of blocking scheme? Moving towards a zone blocking scheme IIRC.
-Does your offense run through a specific skill player? OBJ.
-Are you expecting significant changes from last year’s offense? Not really. It was pretty good last year.

Defense:
-What kind of defense do you run? 4-3.
-Are you heavy into man or zone coverage? Do your DBs press often? Zone. But our corners are better in man.
-Are you a defense that places high value on pressuring the quarterback? Absolutely. Helped us win two Superbowls in recent years.
-When facing a superstar (Julio Jones, Antonio Brown. Gronk, etc) do you generally say “make the rest of the offense beat us” or “he’s going to get his anyway, let him get his, he won’t single –handidly defeat us”? Not sure to be honest.
-Are you expecting significant changes from last year’s defense? Yes. Major changes. Giants spent a lot of money in free agency to improve the defense.

Player Specific:
Most productive offensive player? OBJ
Defensive player with greatest impact? JPP
Breakout offensive player? Will Tye
Breakout defensive player? Landon Collins

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: