Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Preseason Week 3: New York Giants at New York Jets
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Acgott

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:13 pm    Post subject: Preseason Week 3: New York Giants at New York Jets Reply with quote

Friday, August 22, 2014 at 7:30 PM ET

Any chance the 1st string offense will look at least below average?

Let's hope for no injuries
shotgundraw

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I just wrote, the starters will play the whole H1, per Coughlin.
Beatty and McBride will get around 30 snaps.

30 snaps for Beatty. Let's see, counting 3 snaps a drive with the 1s, he should play the first 3QTR Laughing
Acgott

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shotgundraw wrote:
As I just wrote, the starters will play the whole H1, per Coughlin.
Beatty and McBride will get around 30 snaps.

30 snaps for Beatty. Let's see, counting 3 snaps a drive with the 1s, he should play the first 3QTR Laughing

That would be funny if it wasn't true Crying or Very sad
KBS756

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys ... looking forward to this game ... I'm a Jets fan and my brother is a Giants fan ... we were constantly switching back and forth between games last week ... gonna be nice to be watching the same game this time.

You guys know of Odell Beckham Jr is gonna play? I wanted the jets to draft him, wanna see how he does.

Hope its an entertaining game and no one gets hurt!
Acgott

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KBS756 wrote:
Hey guys ... looking forward to this game ... I'm a Jets fan and my brother is a Giants fan ... we were constantly switching back and forth between games last week ... gonna be nice to be watching the same game this time.

You guys know of Odell Beckham Jr is gonna play? I wanted the jets to draft him, wanna see how he does.

OBJ is not playing
shotgundraw

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently the Jets are pretty good against the run, so if we can't throw better than we did during the previous game, it's gonna be a long day.
The good thing is their secondary looks below average so maybe that'll help us put the passing game together.

I think I've never be so anxious for a preseason game to start !
bigbluefan80

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I wanna see this game.. some type of rythym from the starters on offence.. just 1 series guys.. please? Confused

As far as the defence, pass rush? somehow? .. Fewell your done after this season if our defence continues to look like vomit on the field.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acgott wrote:
KBS756 wrote:

OBJ is not playing

Who is the OBJ in which you speak? Never seen him. Must be a figment of your imaginations.
shotgundraw

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigbluefan80 wrote:
Fewell your done after this season if our defence continues to look like vomit on the field.

A vomit defense that ends up 4th in DVOA and 5th in EPA, I'll take that every year. This with the 3rd most games lost to injuries in the league.
We gave up the 7th least yards per drive but had also the 7th most drives to defend and the 30th worst starting field position. So no matter how effective the D was, the offense being awful put them in very tough situations.

We also faced the toughest offensive schedule of the league btw.
Edit : although GB and PHI may be a big part of this tough schedule but when we played them, they were w/o their starting QB.
NYGiantsman10

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IR0NM1KE wrote:
Acgott wrote:
KBS756 wrote:

OBJ is not playing

Who is the OBJ in which you speak? Never seen him. Must be a figment of your imaginations.

It's starting to get pretty ridiculous. Get out there and practice it's football. stop being soft
bballbkd1001

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sinorice miss 2.0

^^^ Huge props Rase on the Sig!
Acgott

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shotgundraw wrote:
bigbluefan80 wrote:
Fewell your done after this season if our defence continues to look like vomit on the field.

A vomit defense that ends up 4th in DVOA and 5th in EPA, I'll take that every year. This with the 3rd most games lost to injuries in the league.
We gave up the 7th least yards per drive but had also the 7th most drives to defend and the 30th worst starting field position. So no matter how effective the D was, the offense being awful put them in very tough situations.

We also faced the toughest offensive schedule of the league btw.
Edit : although GB and PHI may be a big part of this tough schedule but when we played them, they were w/o their starting QB.

We played what 5 backup QB's last year? I don't think the defense was that good last year
shotgundraw

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYGiantsman10 wrote:
It's starting to get pretty ridiculous. Get out there and practice it's football. stop being soft

Are you being serious ?

Acgott wrote:
We played what 5 backup QB's last year? I don't think the defense was that good last year

Yeah, it wasn't that good, because we have to account for backup QBs. Moreover, we faced backup QBs while playing overall good to very good offenses (GB, PHI) which will not show up in the DVOA, which is weighted for opponents value over the whole seaon. So for DVOA if you face GB, you face a top 5 offense, it doesn't take into account the fact that you played the team with Tolzien.
It was still pretty effective, especially considering the injuries (which should go down this season). I'd say we were definitely top 10. And we most definitely weren't vomit.
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love how much the Jets hate the Giants and how much the Giants really don't care. Cracks me up.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugh will probably be play some LT as Beatty is on a limited snap count, and the backup LT's are all injured. Interesting to see how he does, he played the position at SU

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: