Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Interest in James Jones

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SoyMoltoKawaii

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:09 pm    Post subject: Interest in James Jones Reply with quote

http://www.bigblueview.com/2015/6/9/8752857/wr-james-jones-packers-giants-mcadoo-beckham-odell

Quote:
ESPN's Josina Anderson is reporting that the New York Giants were one of three teams to show interest in wide-receiver James Jones. The former Green Bay Packers and Oakland Raiders player was released post-draft so the interest from the Giants is noteworthy

Thoughts?

We really don't need another WR but he did come from McAdoo's system. Not a huge fan but could add depth especially considering our injury concerns on the outside.
Acgott

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could be good depth until/if Cruz is ready
bagh

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My question is why?

We have needs elsewhere we need to be focusing on.

I have these guys rated ahead of Jones based on talent and need:

Evan Mathis
Joe Barksdale

Hell, I'll even take a suspended Laron Landry over him just because we lack experiance there.
Acgott

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

James jones is a minimal salary player. He won't affect us from going after another offensive lineman

It never hurts to have depth at a position where we have very little veteran depth
Biggsam49

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to sign him. I don't believe in Cruz coming back strong this year from the nasty injury, and while I'm optimistic about the Randle finally putting it together, he's still extremely inconsistent. Theres a need there, and Jones had some talent, and system experience.

This should be an obvious signing, but the fact we're only interested now shows we're not happy with how someone has been looking.
Elitist10

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't make much sense to me, how many WRs are we gonna carry?

OBJ, Cruz, Randle, Harris, Parker, Washington and Davis should all be on the roster

And we should not be uncomfortable with guys like Washington and Parker getting snaps if Cruz isn't ready

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elitist10 wrote:

OBJ, Cruz, Randle, Harris, Parker, Washington and Davis should all be on the roster

And we should not be uncomfortable with guys like Washington and Parker getting snaps if Cruz isn't ready

James Jones would only be signed if Cruz wasn't going to be ready. Jones can play the slot and is better than Parker.
Elitist10

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acgott wrote:
Elitist10 wrote:

James Jones would only be signed if Cruz wasn't going to be ready. Jones can play the slot and is better than Parker.

I wouldn't be so sure of that at this point, I thought Parker played extremely well last year

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think James Jones is better than Parker and it doesn't hurt having a extra body out there..could be a valuable player for us if Cruz isn't ready or has a set back. But I agree that signing Jake Long is more of a priority right now than Jones.

Elitist10 wrote:
Acgott wrote:
Elitist10 wrote:

I wouldn't be so sure of that at this point, I thought Parker played extremely well last year

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: