You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

TAGT! III - TAGT Hard With A Vengance
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 81, 82, 83, 84, 85  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYGiantsman10 wrote:
Just horrible what happened in France. I'll leave it at that

Agreed - sadly it's just the tip of a bigger problem on a global scale

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
NYGiantsman10 wrote:
Just horrible what happened in France. I'll leave it at that

Agreed - sadly it's just the tip of a bigger problem on a global scale

Yep a situation that is going to get a whole lot worse before it gets any better.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So on a lighter note...anyone into fantasy baseball? Razz I'm having issues picking some keepers Razz

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GmenSeattle wrote:
So on a lighter note...anyone into fantasy baseball? Razz I'm having issues picking some keepers Razz

What are your choices?
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="HakeemTheDream"][quote="GmenSeattle"]So on a lighter note...anyone into fantasy baseball? Razz I'm having issues picking some keepers Razz[/quote]
What are your choices?[/quote]

3 for sure keepers are Goldy, Sale, and Stras, can keep 4.

Soler, Harvey, Tanaka, Polanco, Baez, and Pineda are the rest (and Pederson too but he has no MLB experience at least).

Harvey/Tanaka/Pineda are all health question marks and the bats are all rooks basically.

I'm probably leaning towards Harvey as...he's likely going to have the best season/stay healthiest. Soler is tempting though.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GmenSeattle wrote:

Soler, Harvey, Tanaka, Polanco, Baez, and Pineda are the rest (and Pederson too but he has no MLB experience at least).

Harvey/Tanaka/Pineda are all health question marks and the bats are all rooks basically.

I'm probably leaning towards Harvey as...he's likely going to have the best season/stay healthiest. Soler is tempting though.

I'd be tempted to go Harvey too. As someone who owned him during that incredible stretch, even if you get 3/4 of that kind of production he'd be a top pitcher. I'd worry about them conserving how many innings he pitches but he appears to be on track to return at the start of the season so I'd lean towards him over Tanaka.

As for the hitters, it's hard to trust any of them. Soler and Polanco started hot but fell off quickly after their hot stretches. Because of that, I'd lean towards adding a pitcher and then just stacking up on hitting at the beginning of the draft since you'll have your top 3 starting pitchers already on board.
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HakeemTheDream wrote:
GmenSeattle wrote:

I'd be tempted to go Harvey too. As someone who owned him during that incredible stretch, even if you get 3/4 of that kind of production he'd be a top pitcher. I'd worry about them conserving how many innings he pitches but he appears to be on track to return at the start of the season so I'd lean towards him over Tanaka.

As for the hitters, it's hard to trust any of them. Soler and Polanco started hot but fell off quickly after their hot stretches. Because of that, I'd lean towards adding a pitcher and then just stacking up on hitting at the beginning of the draft since you'll have your top 3 starting pitchers already on board.

That's where I was at too. Even if Harvey doesn't pitch a full what, 200+ innings the league has a 1200 IP cap...Sale and Strasburg should account for probably around 450 of that, if Harvey gives me 150 then that's already half of my IP count so I'm fine with that. Esp if I get to keep a healthy Harvey for a full 2016 and beyond.

Tanaka wasn't nearly as impressive when he came back but that may have been rust. I don't think you can really just NOT get TJ surgery after your elbow partially comes apart Razz but I'm no doctor.

Edit: Forgot to mention I also have Dee Gordon. But...I don't think he's going to do what he did in the first half of last season...and my league counts OPS so...if he has a .250BA and >.600OPS 2 HR and 40 SB that's going to hurt pretty bad.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GmenSeattle wrote:
That's where I was at too. Even if Harvey doesn't pitch a full what, 200+ innings the league has a 1200 IP cap...Sale and Strasburg should account for probably around 450 of that, if Harvey gives me 150 then that's already half of my IP count so I'm fine with that. Esp if I get to keep a healthy Harvey for a full 2016 and beyond.

Tanaka wasn't nearly as impressive when he came back but that may have been rust. I don't think you can really just NOT get TJ surgery after your elbow partially comes apart Razz but I'm no doctor.

Edit: Forgot to mention I also have Dee Gordon. But...I don't think he's going to do what he did in the first half of last season...and my league counts OPS so...if he has a .250BA and >.600OPS 2 HR and 40 SB that's going to hurt pretty bad.

I simply just don't trust Tanaka. His entire injury situation last year was weird and the fact that he didn't get TJ surgery makes me reluctant to go after him this season. Plus Matt Harvey is younger, has better stuff, and pitches in a more friendly park. Your strategy with that IP limit is a good one, that's for sure. You can fill in the other 600 innings with solid relievers and bargain-bin starters that come around every year.

I love Dee Gordon. I pretty much have owned him in fantasy baseball every year since he originally got called up to the bigs. He was incredible last year, but he's not going to hover around .300 like he did last year, especially being surrounded by a worse lineup. He's a given for steals but he's gonna have to get on-base at a high percentage to be worth a keeper spot. You can always find steals in free agency.
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HakeemTheDream wrote:
GmenSeattle wrote:

I simply just don't trust Tanaka. His entire injury situation last year was weird and the fact that he didn't get TJ surgery makes me reluctant to go after him this season. Plus Matt Harvey is younger, has better stuff, and pitches in a more friendly park. Your strategy with that IP limit is a good one, that's for sure. You can fill in the other 600 innings with solid relievers and bargain-bin starters that come around every year.

I love Dee Gordon. I pretty much have owned him in fantasy baseball every year since he originally got called up to the bigs. He was incredible last year, but he's not going to hover around .300 like he did last year, especially being surrounded by a worse lineup. He's a given for steals but he's gonna have to get on-base at a high percentage to be worth a keeper spot. You can always find steals in free agency.

Yea, I didn't mention Gordon because I wasn't really considering keeping him. I got him in a trade mid season along with Sale (Sale was my main target). I seem to be better at drafting bats than pitchers and better at picking up hot pitchers Razz Also Gordon's BABIP last season was high but speedy guys usually have high ones...but half a season of great doesn't overcome the 2nd half plus the rest of his career. Also...don't pay for speed. Want to draft some big bats early on. Yea. I'll just see how Harvey does.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I got flack in NFL Gen for saying the Seattle/Carolina game wouldn't be close Razz

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GmenSeattle wrote:
And I got flack in NFL Gen for saying the Seattle/Carolina game wouldn't be close Razz
Still wasnt a blowout.

Be Humble. Sit Down.
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:
GmenSeattle wrote:
Still wasnt a blowout.

Sure. You also weren't calling 31-10 a blowout either. 31-10 with a garbage time TD is borderline blowout IMO. Esp since everyone was telling me how it was going to be a close and low-scoring affair. It wasn't close and 31 isn't a low score.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edited by bagh: Not the place for it.

Last edited by bagh on Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Word_is_Bond

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sent this PM to a few of you, still looking for 3-4 more guys from your forum. PM me if you're interested. Thanks.

Word_is_Bond wrote:
Hey man,

I was wondering if you'd be interested in taking part in an All-NFC East Draft. Available draftees would be any player to ever play for the 4 current NFC East teams. My target number is 16 participants, which would lead to a 4 round playoff after the draft; voting would be how the winners are determined. I'm trying to get 4 representatives from each team to take part in the draft, but feel free to recruit a partner if you wish. The roster will consist of: 11 offensive players, 11 defensive players, a kicker, a punter and a head coach; a total of 25 rounds.

With the slowest part of the off season almost in reach I figured it'd be good to do something like this to pass the time while seeing who the best players in the division's history are and seeing where others rank certain players.

I know a lot of drafts on here tend to die out, which is why I'm trying to recruit the more-active/knowledgeable posters. Based on the interest, hopefully we can get this started within the next week or so. Just let me know what you think, if you don't wish to participate, no problem. Thanks for your time.

-WiB

WiB's 2015 NFL Preview
Lurkin' FF since '07
Follow me on Twitter @JonValencia_WiB
Rase

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So before Superbowl this Sunday HBO Poland will be releasing a little video about 3 football players in Poland.
Trailers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GDsJTBthC4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_R_wgrOwkmc

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 81, 82, 83, 84, 85  Next
Page 82 of 85

Jump to: