Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dave Wannestedt promoted to DC
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ukdolfan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Dave Wannestedt promoted to DC Reply with quote

Couldn't see a thread on it.

The Bills have let George Edwards go and promoted Dave Wannestedt to defensive coordinator.

https://twitter.com/ChrisBrownBills

Found this interesting as it was two former Dolphin's coaches. I'm guessing this means a more permanent move back to the 43. The stache should do a good job if all the players come back healthy.

^ Jamison on the sig.
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw this on the nfl network. Love this move!

DE: Draft pick,Moats
DT: Williams, Carrington
DT: Dareus, Edwards
DE: Kelsey (where he fits best) Batten

OLB: Morrison
MLB: Barnett
OLB: Sheppard (where he fits well IMO)

I'm all about my BILLS, I'm on my Stevie Johnson .... I mean Sammy Watkins.
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best news in awhile. Looks like we are moving to the 4-3. I love this move.

Quinton Coples here we come.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
Just saw this on the nfl network. Love this move!

DE: Draft pick,Moats
DT: Williams, Carrington
DT: Dareus, Edwards
DE: Kelsey (where he fits best) Batten

OLB: Morrison
MLB: Barnett
OLB: Sheppard (where he fits well IMO)

i think Carrington could be a good LDE in the league we were playing him at OLB when he was 300 LB so i think he could do really well at that position.

thanks for the sig NS922!

Listen! I am standing at the door, knocking;
if you hear my voice and open the door,
I will come in to you and eat with you,
and you with me.
Revelation 3:20
jb_gobills

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it, good move.
leeevans83d

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good deal

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mixed opinions..

1. I GENERALLY prefer the 3-4 to the 4-3.. It has a MUCH higher ceiling for QB pressure and overall mayhem..

2. In EITHER scheme we need CB help badly.. Changing from one to the other wont fix this..

3. As much as we needed pass rushing linebackers in the 3-4, we have the exact same need for pass rushing ends in the 4-3.. Same need, different name..

4. At current the 4-3 seems like the closer route to success..

5. The though of Dareus and Williams both playing DT for us makes me smile.. Better than playing one of them out of position..

Overall, I can't complain with this decision.. Unfortunately we were probably 1 win too many to land Coples.. Coples or Kirkpatrick will be ideal but likely off the board for us..

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tk3 wrote:
Mixed opinions..

1. I GENERALLY prefer the 3-4 to the 4-3.. It has a MUCH higher ceiling for QB pressure and overall mayhem..

2. In EITHER scheme we need CB help badly.. Changing from one to the other wont fix this..

3. As much as we needed pass rushing linebackers in the 3-4, we have the exact same need for pass rushing ends in the 4-3.. Same need, different name..

5. The though of Dareus and Williams both playing DT for us makes me smile.. Better than playing one of them out of position..

Overall, I can't complain with this decision.. Unfortunately we were probably 1 win too many to land Coples.. Coples or Kirkpatrick will be ideal but likely off the board for us..

My thought too, but I'm hopeful someone will throw a wrench into the early draft and really shake things up.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With this move - to the 4-3, We dont need a Rush LB, so in the 1st round I would love to get the top WR left on the board either Floyd or Jeffery, I perfer Floyd. We can go DE in the 2nd possibly Vinny Curry or Frank Alexander, heck Brandon Jenkins could fall to us as well.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yibbyl wrote:
Tk3 wrote:
Mixed opinions..

My thought too, but I'm hopeful someone will throw a wrench into the early draft and really shake things up.

Unfortunately WE are often that team..

Hello Richardson!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tk3 wrote:
Yibbyl wrote:
Tk3 wrote:
Mixed opinions..

Unfortunately WE are often that team..

Hello Richardson!

Lol, been saying it for a while now.
I just pray he's gone by our pick so there's no chance.
BBF droppin cold hard facts up in hurr
OffseasonChamps

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we're going to a 4-3 I think we still need 2 starting OLBs and reserves. We'll also need a starting RDE and reserves. We have a ton of players capable of playing ILB in either scheme. But ends & OLBs need to be added because I don't see many on this roster.

I wonder if Moats has the ability to play RDE or SLB in a 4-3. He seems to be a player who gets pressure despite all the reasons why he shouldn't be able to get the job done. Anybody have thoughts on Moats in transition, where he might end up and if he'll be effective?
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OffseasonChamps wrote:
If we're going to a 4-3 I think we still need 2 starting OLBs and reserves. We'll also need a starting RDE and reserves. We have a ton of players capable of playing ILB in either scheme. But ends & OLBs need to be added because I don't see many on this roster.

I wonder if Moats has the ability to play RDE or SLB in a 4-3. He seems to be a player who gets pressure despite all the reasons why he shouldn't be able to get the job done. Anybody have thoughts on Moats in transition, where he might end up and if he'll be effective?

Personally I think Moats will be a DE for us and a damn good one at that. He played DE in college albeit at James Maddison. But he finished his career with 209 tackles and 29 sacks.

http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2010/3/24/1388718/2010-scouting-report-presented-by

I'm all about my BILLS, I'm on my Stevie Johnson .... I mean Sammy Watkins.
TommyC376

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
OffseasonChamps wrote:

Personally I think Moats will be a DE for us and a damn good one at that. He played DE in college albeit at James Maddison. But he finished his career with 209 tackles and 29 sacks.

http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2010/3/24/1388718/2010-scouting-report-presented-by

Moats played DE in the 4-3 schemes that we ran this year. He is a high motor DE, I would assume he gets the move to DE in the 4-3.

As for linebackers ... Kirk Morrison - Kelvin Sheppard - Chris White can all play the OLB role.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
Trentwannabe wrote:
OffseasonChamps wrote:

Moats played DE in the 4-3 schemes that we ran this year. He is a high motor DE, I would assume he gets the move to DE in the 4-3.

As for linebackers ... Kirk Morrison - Kelvin Sheppard - Chris White can all play the OLB role.

What makes you say those three guys can play OLB?

From what I saw this season I have absolutely no confidence those three can cover, rush the passer or shed blockers to disrupt the run as an OLBs in any scheme.

I'm thankful Morrison was only signed to a one year deal. He made a lot of tackles early in his career but they were 5-8 yds down the field and he was never a playmaker. Ever. Which might be why he sat at home until we gave him a call during the preseason, nobody wanted him. Sheppard and White are pretty much the same guy and that guy doesn't have the sideline to sideline ability to play outside.

I don't think the OLBs we need are on the team. For a franchise that doesn't make headlines in the offseason, staying the course with a 3-4 may have been a shorter route to improvement.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: