Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Disgusted by this loss...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mwalker

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:42 pm    Post subject: Disgusted by this loss... Reply with quote

This is one of the worst performances by this team I've seen.

The basic elements of our defence - strong pass rush, intensity, line dominance and no big plays in the secondary, were all a disaster.
Ike was awful, and to be honest, outside of our receivers and maybe
Redman - this team just looked ready to end the year, tired and old.
Worse, we were totally out coached.

I'm forever a Steeler fan, but I don't want to hear another off season
of football cliche from Tomlin. We need to really revamp, and it means seriously finding a new offensive coordinator. He creates too little out of the lot we have. Our lines need improvement, especially through the middle of our defence.
niro884

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This loss proved that the steelers were not as good as they may have thought. The defense was just plain garbage and the coaching was even worse.
treat88

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If a team ever stumbled their way to 12-4, this team did. I actually feel awfully fortunate they finished with as good a record as they did. Not at all sure it reflected their quality of play most of the season.

Throw in the losses of Keisel, Hampton, and Starks who I hear likely would have been unavailable next weekend, and I think even had we won, we were simply delaying the inevitable, be it in Foxboro or Baltimore.

If we weren't going to win the SB, as backwards as it may sound, I'm glad we lost now to the team we did. I honestly don't think I could handle losing to the Cheats or Rats (again) this season and hey, small consolation, but it's a few higher draft spots.

"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself."
Ward4HOF

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's never easy to lose a game we all felt we should've won. It's even worse in the Playoffs. I actually agree w/ Treat in that at least we didn't lose again to the Pats or Ravens. But still, i get "the standard is the standard", but honestly, if that were absolutely the case, then we would have a full-up 2nd NFL team on the Steeler's roster and the fact is, we don't. To have to face a Playoff team without Clark, Mendy, Hampton, Keisel, Pouncey, C. Allen, C. Brown, a hobbled Ben, etc., etc., it's very difficult to match up properly. I know we have some good back-ups, and a couple of names I listed are just that, but crucial Special Teamers, but honestly, they are just that, back-ups. Some are starter worthy and I know every team is dealing w/ injuries, but sorry, not to the point that the Steelers were. I will say that I have NO IDEA why Taylor did not have safety help on that OT play...not sure if Lebeau called that or Troy improvised, but hey, it happened and the season is done. Look forward to a solid draft and next season. We can all console each other for the next few weeks!

Good year Steelers! I have faith we'll be back better next year!! GO STEELERS!!!
snoopydawg44us

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm upset but not disgusted. I would have hated for us to "limp" into New England so "beat up", and put on a very poor performance against Tom Brady and the Patriots who would have been "licking their chops". I don't know about you guys but I hate loosing to the Patriots in the Playoffs. Upset yes, disgusted not me. "We just sooo beat-up". It is, what it is now. 2011 was not a good year in Pittsburgh Sports for sure, it started with Sid in the Winter Classic.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

treat88 wrote:
If a team ever stumbled their way to 12-4, this team did. I actually feel awfully fortunate they finished with as good a record as they did. Not at all sure it reflected their quality of play most of the season.

Throw in the losses of Keisel, Hampton, and Starks who I hear likely would have been unavailable next weekend, and I think even had we won, we were simply delaying the inevitable, be it in Foxboro or Baltimore.

If we weren't going to win the SB, as backwards as it may sound, I'm glad we lost now to the team we did. I honestly don't think I could handle losing to the Cheats or Rats (again) this season and hey, small consolation, but it's a few higher draft spots.

This...10000 times over.

Ive been saying the same thing since we lost and even before it.

And good point about who we lost to. Maybe have been a weaker team, but I dont think we couldve went to both Foxboro and Baltimore and beat both of them with how banged up we were. Hard enough to beat those teams when healthy.

I wont say Im glad we lost, but I can live with it. IMO, as treat stated....we were lucky to even finish 12-4. We couldve easily been 9-7 with the way we played most of the season and missed the playoffs altogether.

I am optimistic about next season though. I think our young talent will come back strong with a full offseason. As long as we can replace Kemo and Farrior decently, I think we are still one of the better teams in the AFC. Hopefully our coaches can benefit from a full offseason as well. They looked unprepared pretty much all season.

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
snoopydawg44us

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Four Three I agree

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: