Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

If Bruce Arians is fired...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zachhorn24

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: If Bruce Arians is fired... Reply with quote

Who would you select to replace him?
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum....

Your avatar is just a tad too huge!!! Forum rules only allow for avatars to be 80x80. Please fix it.

thanks!!!

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
jcm412

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It won't happen.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Airans wont get fired.

Im not that lucky.

Excuses will be made again for him due to injuries.

This offense will never reach its full potential. Im coming to terms with that.
treat88

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Airans wont get fired.

100% agreed.

Ben has already spoken up for him and obviously loves the guy.

But, Arians needs to go so they can hire an OC that will make Ben accountable rather than enabling his bad habits.

"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself."
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

treat88 wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
Airans wont get fired.

100% agreed.

But, Arians needs to go so they can hire an OC that will make Ben accountable rather than enabling his bad habits.

That, and a guy that can adapt to injuries and play to his players strengths....which Im convinced Arians has no clue how to do.

Tomlin went down a notch this year in my book as well. Still a good coach IMO, but some of his coaching decisions this year were awful.

The whole coaching staff this year IMO had a down year.
treat88

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
treat88 wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
Airans wont get fired.

100% agreed.

That, and a guy that can adapt to injuries and play to his players strengths....which Im convinced Arians has no clue how to do.

Tomlin went down a notch this year in my book as well. Still a good coach IMO, but some of his coaching decisions this year were awful.

The whole coaching staff this year IMO had a down year.

Ya know, I just have the underlying sense that no one on this coaching staff, nor Ben can actually adapt to changing variables. In game, in season, or otherwise.

Arians does what he does. LeBeau does what he does. Ben does what he does. Tomlin, I'm starting to feel the same way.

I just do not understand why they cannot come into each game as an independent event and make those subtle adjustments that other elite teams seem to with relative ease. NO, GB, and NE constantly adapt in the way they attack defenses without changing their overall offensive identities. Baltimore, SF adapt defensively in the same ways. Our version of adapt seems to be go run heavy or go pass heavy. Go man or go zone. our "adaptations" seems to lack any subtlety whatsoever.

"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself."
AdamMonroe53

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as a replacement, my #1 is Todd Haley who hasn't signed with the Cardinals yet. Haley's father worked with Pittsburgh for a long time. The offense he installed in Arizona would work out very well in Pittsburgh. After that I have no idea about offensive coaches, but there has to be a position coach somewhere that could call a better game than Arians.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AdamMonroe53 wrote:
As far as a replacement, my #1 is Todd Haley who hasn't signed with the Cardinals yet. Haley's father worked with Pittsburgh for a long time. The offense he installed in Arizona would work out very well in Pittsburgh. After that I have no idea about offensive coaches, but there has to be a position coach somewhere that could call a better game than Arians.

Haley's ego and attitude will keep him out of Pittsburgh even if Arians was fired.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah....I wouldnt go near Haley.
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AdamMonroe53 wrote:

FUN FACT

Haleys father is from my very small hometown in PA and was a member of the 1956 Midway Blue Knights that won districts for the High School we once had up until 1959. And he was Director of Player Personnel credited for building the Steeler dynasty.

My towns got less than a thousand people so we got to toot our horn when we can Wink

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
AdamMonroe53

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that his arrogance is a turn off, but we need a culture change on offense and I think Haley is the guy to do it. This offense has been stuck for a while now and nothing with the exception of drafting Pouncey has really changed. Ben makes a mistake, Arians coddles him because arians knows that Ben is the sole reason Arians is around. The coddling only endears ben to arians further and the cycle is never ending. Meanwhile Ben does not progress talent wise under Arians. Ben had a noticeable improvement following his time with that QB coach last year. This year, if anything Ben had better talent but regressed a bit. A new environment is needed, one that makes Ben culpable and holds the oline accountable. The coaching staff can defend the oline all they want citing Ben's playing style, but there is no excuse for Ben getting hit by a three man rush, no excuse. Haley could improve Ben and most definately could help improve our oline because much like Kansas City's line, there are only two starter caliber linemen here and a bunch of second and third stringers. Arians isn't the only problem, its the environment and Haley would go a long way towards changing that.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Steelers do decide to hire a new OC I would not even interview anyone who has the WR screen in his playbook. Seeing that play called 10 times a game when EVERYONE knows it's coming when they see the formations is beyond frustrating.

A team with as much talent at the skill positions on offense should not be ranked 21st in scoring even with the offensive line the Steelers have. To see teams like Buffalo, Miami, Minnesota, and San Francisco ahead of them is pathetic.

I would love to see a change but I'm not going to get my hopes up.

Many thanks to UniversalAuthor on the reigning MVP's sig!
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1BackInBlackFan wrote:
If the Steelers do decide to hire a new OC I would not even interview anyone who has the WR screen in his playbook. Seeing that play called 10 times a game when EVERYONE knows it's coming when they see the formations is beyond frustrating.

great point.... hate hate hate that play!!!

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
SMashMouthMike

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bubble WR screens and empty sets...I pray we do less and less of these.

Thanks Lyasr 529

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: