Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Pittsburgh Steelers (12-4) @ Denver Broncos (8-8) GDT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 23, 24, 25  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who wins?
Steelers
62%
 62%  [ 36 ]
Broncos
37%
 37%  [ 22 ]
Total Votes : 58

SteelKing728

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This loss was rough. With the way we played today, we deserved to lose. the Broncos played their hearts out and took it all in to win. It was a great game, but I am dissapointed.

Where was that vaunted Defense? Why didn't Lebeau take Tebow's passing game seriously? We made them beat us by throwing the ball, and thats exactly what they did. Ike Taylor and Willie Gay just got straight abused. James Harrison had no clue where the ball was going, and James Farrior and Ziggy Hood kept getting blown up in the run game.

Our defense played bad, our offense was worse.

Once again the Oline didn't show up. LegCaseursky's snaps were pretty bad.

Why did we continually go after Mike Wallace? Antonio Brown and Heath Miller were open all day long. Emmanuel Sanders was open too. Redman was having a fantastic game.

Overall, its time for this team to rebuild and get rid of the old guys and losses. Durk Lebeau, Casey Hampton, Aaron Smith, Hines Ward, Chris Kemo all gotta go. Yes, Pittsburgh should go into rebuild mode next year.

Bright and Happy days are coming to the Minnesota Vikings very soon.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
I've felt this teams cbs have needed addressed for years now, hopefully in round 1 or 2 they go cb and also take a safety to some point to develop

We are rarely in position to ever get an impact CB. Thats been the issue.

I would give anything to go back and trade up for Revis. ONE PICK AWAY. I like Timmons but he is much more replaceable and Revis would make this defense crazy.

This year....we could possibly get Janoris Jenkins, who IMO has elite upside. I think he is the only impact CB we MAY have a shot at.
I like minifield but your right he's probably more a #2 cb, not elite
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
This loss was rough. With the way we played today, we deserved to lose. the Broncos played their hearts out and took it all in to win. It was a great game, but I am dissapointed.

Where was that vaunted Defense? Why didn't Lebeau take Tebow's passing game seriously? We made them beat us by throwing the ball, and thats exactly what they did. Ike Taylor and Willie Gay just got straight abused. James Harrison had no clue where the ball was going, and James Farrior and Ziggy Hood kept getting blown up in the run game.

Our defense played bad, our offense was worse.

Once again the Oline didn't show up. LegCaseursky's snaps were pretty bad.

Why did we continually go after Mike Wallace? Antonio Brown and Heath Miller were open all day long. Emmanuel Sanders was open too. Redman was having a fantastic game.

Overall, its time for this team to rebuild and get rid of the old guys and losses. Durk Lebeau, Casey Hampton, Aaron Smith, Hines Ward, Chris Kemo all gotta go. Yes, Pittsburgh should go into rebuild mode next year.
I think you keep vets till they can't play anymore. I see it like this:

All vets will return but Kemo and Smith. Teams need veteran leaders. I don't see any of those other players wanting to go out like his. Aaron smith and Kemo are so injury prone though I think they should hang it up.

I don't think is team needs to rebuild either. They've had success in the draft and don't really need a rebuild year, they've reloaded nicely. Heath miller And Roethlisberger are 30 but all other starters on offense are under 30
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Neumatic

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Denver clearly wanted and deserved it more. I mean seriously 10/21 316 yards, you can't give up that many big plays and expect to win.

Jamison. on the sig
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neumatic wrote:
Denver clearly wanted and deserved it more. I mean seriously 10/21 316 yards, you can't give up that many big plays and expect to win.

This game was like 2006 rolled into one game.

Ben playing hurt, our OLine couldnt protect him, pass rush not working, and our secondary gave up tons of big plays with Ike Taylor being the main culprit.

simonwayne wrote:
We ain't got nothing man, just a chiefs win, thats all you get...And next week it will be wash, rinse, repeat.
cattleman78

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tough loss and though I can't say I like the Steelers they are a class organization. I have a lot of respect for this team and most on their forum. And if you are disappointed I understand but try to be a Brown's fan since we came back. Shoot I'd be happy to just be in the playoffs.

Adopted Brown Tashaun Gipson safety
vs. g.bay 7 tackles,2 asst. tackles and 1 pass defended
Ghengis Graz

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was not keeping up with this at all but those 2 FG's early rather than TD's. Come on man. We were too goood at moving the ball not to score more TD's. We settled once in FG range
Throw2Dowler

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tough loss for you guys for sure. I am not a Steelers fan but I will say the NFL "Playoff Overtime Rules" are stupid. Teams play 16 regular season games, then if they make the playoffs and tie at the end of regulation, lose the coin toss and the other team scores a touchdown they are done for the season, but if the other team kicks a field goal the other team gets the ball.

Hey, do a coin toss, winning team selects offense or defense. Place the ball on the 50 yard line and play it like college. Back and forth until a winner is declared. What the heck would be wrong with that?
Ghengis Graz

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Throw2Dowler wrote:
Tough loss for you guys for sure. I am not a Steelers fan but I will say the NFL "Playoff Overtime Rules" are stupid. Teams play 16 regular season games, then if they make the playoffs and tie at the end of regulation, lose the coin toss and the other team scores a touchdown they are done for the season, but if the other team kicks a field goal the other team gets the ball.

Hey, do a coin toss, winning team selects offense or defense. Place the ball on the 50 yard line and play it like college. Back and forth until a winner is declared. What the heck would be wrong with that?

Too many plays with no more games played ( read revenue generated).

Makes sense to us but not the owners.

More plays equals more exposure.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Throw2Dowler wrote:

I have no problem with it.

Our defense got exploited all game by Tim Tebow. That last play only proved we really had no business being there. Brady wouldve ate us alive in Foxboro next week, especially since we are banged up.

simonwayne wrote:
We ain't got nothing man, just a chiefs win, thats all you get...And next week it will be wash, rinse, repeat.
C$!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't not believe how poorly Ike Taylor played. It seemed as if he figured that because they were playing the Broncos and Tebow he didn't need to play tight coverage. I mean getting gashed for 200 yrds and a TD by the Tebow/Thomas combo is a bit embarrassing. (no disrespect to Thomas who is a fine WR but I wouldn't call him elite). It seems Taylor (as the Steelers as a team do) plays down to his competition. He can hold Wes Welker to 33 yards but will then get owned by Johnny Knox. It's quite frustrating to be honest. He he was able to make A play on ANY pass thrown his way this game might have been different.

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gosh guys, sorry to see PITT go down the way they did yesterday. but you all seem to have the best attitude possible about it, and factual realizations as to why it happened.

you'll be back in it next year.

Applause

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
c0insnap

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did Heyward look?

Beast
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

c0insnap wrote:
How did Heyward look?

Beastly IMO.

Started off slow but in the 2nd half was doing his thing. Needs more work but will be great in 2 years IMO.

THIS NEXT PART IS NOT DIRECTED AT YOU c0insap....JUST BASED ON CRAP FROM HERE AND NFL GEN

And on another topic....so I dont have to create a new thread that would probably be locked....I just have to say how funny it is that all kinds moronic trolls have come out to bash the Steelers after this game. Suddenly, all of our players suck and we are going down the tubes. Sound familiar?

Im used to clowns like Ruskie and ceejay spewing their uneducated garbage, but its always funny when this happens. 2006, 2007 and 2009....after all of those years the same things happened. Threads about how overrated Polamalu and LeBeau were and how the team was on the decline.

I wont deny that our team has some things to figure out, including some age related issues, but some of these clowns just dont get it. I actually like it though....because its after offseasons like this when our team usually comes back at its best.

simonwayne wrote:
stillersenat

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
c0insnap wrote:
How did Heyward look?

Beastly IMO.

Started off slow but in the 2nd half was doing his thing. Needs more work but will be great in 2 years IMO.

THIS NEXT PART IS NOT DIRECTED AT YOU c0insap....JUST BASED ON CRAP FROM HERE AND NFL GEN

And on another topic....so I dont have to create a new thread that would probably be locked....I just have to say how funny it is that all kinds moronic trolls have come out to bash the Steelers after this game. Suddenly, all of our players suck and we are going down the tubes. Sound familiar?

Im used to clowns like Ruskie and ceejay spewing their uneducated garbage, but its always funny when this happens. 2006, 2007 and 2009....after all of those years the same things happened. Threads about how overrated Polamalu and LeBeau were and how the team was on the decline.

I wont deny that our team has some things to figure out, including some age related issues, but some of these clowns just dont get it. I actually like it though....because its after offseasons like this when our team usually comes back at its best.

Yep, I've seen those same threads. It's funny. The Broncos vs. Steelers thread is still going strong despite the game being over.

Any escape might help to smooth the unattractive truth but the suburbs have no charms to soothe the restless dreams of youth

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 24 of 25

Jump to: