Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Vinny Curry

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stone85

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:29 pm    Post subject: Vinny Curry Reply with quote

Thoughts? Haven't seen him mentioned on here. If we don't take an OLB in the first round, I'd love Curry in the second.

Made by El ramster
MaddHatter wrote:
Incidental contact? His blind are you?
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't see why he is so hyped. I know he has great sack numbers but I don't know if it will translate

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
Don't see why he is so hyped. I know he has great sack numbers but I don't know if it will translate

He's a motor/effort guy. But among the motor/effort guys he looks more natural playing without a hand in the dirt than a number of the others do.

A lot is going to come down to how well he works out at the combine. He could be a Jerry Hughes type (in terms of motor-pass-rush and production valued over some size limitations - you have to actually look at how he carries his weight to see that he needs to bulk his upper body up some) who boosts himself into late 1st round consideration because of his scheme diversity or he could be another Lawrence Sidbury who gets knocked down a peg because of the level of competition faced and some serious questions about his foot-coordination/work.

He's 2nd round "value" but he could go anywhere from late 1st to early 3rd.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we go OLB in the 2nd round, give me Shea McClellin from Boise St
Duffman57

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lakeroy wrote:
If we go OLB in the 2nd round, give me Shea McClellin from Boise St

No thanks, McClellin is Curry, without the production and lighter. Still not explosive and just doesn't have any trait that stands out.

The only guys that i'm really interested in (i dont think Nick Perry will go anywhere near the 2nd round) in the 2nd are Andre Branch (who i'm really unsure about), Jonathan Massaquoi, Cam Johnson (who i think may be more of a late 2nd, early 3rd guy), or Brandon Jenkins (if he lasts). I would still say Perry in the first is our best bet, but if not then those are the guys i'm interested in, since we are in need of a feature Strongside rusher, and really only these guys have the potential to be that. Massaquoi reminds me of Aldon Smith.

Bolt Up Comrades!

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: