Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official 2012 NFL Draft Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BringinDaPain

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, i know you have your QB but if your team had the chance to draft Luck, would you be willing? What would you be willing to give up for him?

2012 DROY Winner - Luke Kuechly 164 tackles, 2 Int, 1 sack, 11 TFLs, 8 PD and 3 Fumble recoveries
Luke Kuechly - 2013 Defensive Player of the Year
Zappaz

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BringinDaPain wrote:
Guys, i know you have your QB but if your team had the chance to draft Luck, would you be willing? What would you be willing to give up for him?

Sell the pick to the highest bidder which would help us bring in the players needed to get back in contention. Rivers just turned 30, I can see him playing for atleast another 5-6 years, possibly more since he was on the bench for awhile waiting. Get a couple firsts plus other picks and/or players in needed spots then rock on for a few more years.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BringinDaPain wrote:

No i would not take Luck. I'd obviously sell to the highest buyer. You don't just abandon a franchise QB, for a completely unproven guy.

Rammy da best sigmaker of all time!

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome
Stone85

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd give up not only our starting ROLB for Luck, but I would also throw in our starting RT. Wink

Man I'd like to have the 9th pick. Kirkpatrick, Floyd, Coples, maybe Reiff...... available for trade Very Happy

Made by El ramster
MaddHatter wrote:
Incidental contact? His blind are you?
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duffman57 wrote:
BringinDaPain wrote:

No i would not take Luck. I'd obviously sell to the highest buyer. You don't just abandon a franchise QB, for a completely unproven guy.

Well... it won't happen, because there's no way that Luck falls to wherever we'll be picking - even if he shreds his knee training for the combine - and there's even less of the chance we'd trade up to where he woudl be available.

That said, if he was on the board and we're up to pick... heck yes I take him. Is it a gamble? Sure. But you increase the demand by decreasing the supply - i.e. the demand for a franchise caliber rookie QB... much less a guy with as much hype around him as Andrew Luck... increases substantially the fewer franchise caliber prospects there are still on the board and available to be picked. At that point, yes we don't have as much leverage because we have a Pro Bowl, $100M QB under contract for the foreseeable future... but someone's going to miss out and see the guy they figured they could get in 2nd or 3rd round go earlier, and at that point trading the farm (and digging into the stash of future 1st's and already-rostered young players) for Andrew Luck versus taking a wing and a prayer on developing a Nick Foles or 28 year old Brandon Wheeden will look a lot more favorable and is certainly a lot more marketable for your franchise - since everything starts with the QB.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would delete my account if we drafted Wheeden.

Made by El ramster
MaddHatter wrote:
Incidental contact? His blind are you?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: