Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: San Diego Chargers @ Detroit Lions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zappaz

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

charger-man wrote:
So do we want to beat the Raiders next week? I'm one of the few Charger fans that hates the obnoxious Donkeys even more than the Raiders, plus it will seal Norv's fate if we lose. I hate to be that guy, but I think finishing 7-9 is the best way to go.

I really hate the team losing but honestly I'd rather see the turds go to the playoffs than hear about Lord Tebow for another week.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to beat the Raiders. 2 or 3 draft spots usually aren't a big deal unless you are in the top 10. As for who I would rather see in the playoff, I guess Denver. Just for the possible snow game in Denver, and playoff games in snow are fun to watch.
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

charger-man wrote:
So do we want to beat the Raiders next week? I'm one of the few Charger fans that hates the obnoxious Donkeys even more than the Raiders, plus it will seal Norv's fate if we lose. I hate to be that guy, but I think finishing 7-9 is the best way to go.

Norv's fate was sealed by this game. It's not just the fact that this game guaranteed us no better than a .500 finish on the season but that this coaching staff (and team, but at the allowance of the staff) came into this game with all kinds of momentum and basically just bent over for the Lions. This was Norv's statement game... exactly what can be expected from a Norval run team..

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let the offseason fun officially begin.

I have a feeling Dean will go for the big name GM/coach. I would take a different approach but I'm not going to hate on the choice before it is made.
charger-man

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntonioGates wrote:

I have a feeling Dean will go for the big name GM/coach. I would take a different approach but I'm not going to hate on the choice before it is made.

Let's hope it's Bill Cowher. He's the only big time head coach candidate that fills me with a little hope. Warm weather city, franchise QB, I would be surprised if Cowher rebuked our offer (unless he's all about the $$$)
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

charger-man wrote:
AntonioGates wrote:

Let's hope it's Bill Cowher. He's the only big time head coach candidate that fills me with a little hope. Warm weather city, franchise QB, I would be surprised if Cowher rebuked our offer (unless he's all about the $$$)

I'm still highly skeptical of Cowher until I see who he'd want on his staff. Fact remains, Cowher won one ring in Pittsburgh after a number of years of struggling to make The Show (SB) despite having a top defense in the league. And I'm refuse to underestimate how much of an impact that Lebeau had on making that defense what it was/is - just as I'm giving extremely low odds that he can pry Lebeau's successor in waiting, Keith Butler, out of Pittsburgh.

Furthermore, I'm just not sure how hungry Cowher is anymore. He doesn't have anything left to prove really. I'd still favor someone like Fangio or Pagano over him. If by some fluke (I say this because the Mara's love him) Coughlin gets canned, I'd take him here in a heartbeat because, quite frankly, the man gets it - even if he has ridden with Kevin Gilbride as his OC for far too many years.

I'll be at 1 Chargers Drive with a pitchfork and torch if they hire Gruden, probably the same if they hire Fisher (though I think someone would/will price us out of Fisher anyway), and definitely the same for Del Rio.

Is it wrong that I want Vermeil as a GM?

Or how about this? Drew and I will spend the rest of the winter studying the art and work of Doctor Victor von Frankenstein so that we can figure out how to reanimate the corpse of Sid Gillman. Sound good?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
charger-man wrote:
AntonioGates wrote:

I'm still highly skeptical of Cowher until I see who he'd want on his staff. Fact remains, Cowher won one ring in Pittsburgh after a number of years of struggling to make The Show (SB) despite having a top defense in the league. And I'm refuse to underestimate how much of an impact that Lebeau had on making that defense what it was/is - just as I'm giving extremely low odds that he can pry Lebeau's successor in waiting, Keith Butler, out of Pittsburgh.

Furthermore, I'm just not sure how hungry Cowher is anymore. He doesn't have anything left to prove really. I'd still favor someone like Fangio or Pagano over him. If by some fluke (I say this because the Mara's love him) Coughlin gets canned, I'd take him here in a heartbeat because, quite frankly, the man gets it - even if he has ridden with Kevin Gilbride as his OC for far too many years.

I'll be at 1 Chargers Drive with a pitchfork and torch if they hire Gruden, probably the same if they hire Fisher (though I think someone would/will price us out of Fisher anyway), and definitely the same for Del Rio.

Is it wrong that I want Vermeil as a GM?

Or how about this? Drew and I will spend the rest of the winter studying the art and work of Doctor Victor von Frankenstein so that we can figure out how to reanimate the corpse of Sid Gillman. Sound good?

Well it only took him a few years with a good QB. He got a ton of chances no doubt, but look at what he did in just a short time with Ben.

And how long will Butler want to stay there anyway? Dude's already older than Cowher is, and he's still just a LB coach. He'll never be HC there. Surprised he's waited so long.

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
Stone85

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

charger-man wrote:

WTF? You're the same guy that said this:

charger-man wrote:
Stone85 wrote:
Please no playoffs chargers

Are you seriously rooting against you team entering a tournament of 6 teams vying for one Super Bowl spot? What the hell kind of fan are you? Any true fan wants their team to win a Super Bowl and the way our team is playing that is a possibility if we somehow sneak into the playoffs.

You've got to be kidding me.

Made by El ramster
MaddHatter wrote:
Incidental contact? His blind are you?
mgoblue44

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stone85 wrote:
charger-man wrote:

charger-man wrote:
Stone85 wrote:

Are you seriously rooting against you team entering a tournament of 6 teams vying for one Super Bowl spot? What the hell kind of fan are you? Any true fan wants their team to win a Super Bowl and the way our team is playing that is a possibility if we somehow sneak into the playoffs.

you wanted us to lose the game today while we still had a chance to make the playoffs. Not the same thing, but good try.

Anyways, I think not making the playoffs again will be a blessing in disguise. Hopefully a new regime will bring some life to this team
charger-man

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stone85 wrote:
charger-man wrote:

charger-man wrote:
Stone85 wrote:

I don't know whether to laugh or shake my head in shame at your lack of reading comprehension.

My point is that Super Bowl is the ultimate goal. To root against one's own team to make the playoffs is fan sacrilege. Now that we are eliminated from playoff contention the only meaning this last game has is whether the Raiders win the AFC West or not. That was my point.
Stone85

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mgoblue44 wrote:
you wanted us to lose the game today while we still had a chance to make the playoffs. Not the same thing, but good try.

Anyways, I think not making the playoffs again will be a blessing in disguise. Hopefully a new regime will bring some life to this team

We hardly had a chance of making the playoffs and even if we did we would have no chance of winning the super bowl, plus we would keep norv. I'm so sorry that I'd rather have a new coach and a good draft pick rather than suffer another playoff defeat, keep our crappy coach, and keep repeating process until we finally miss the playoffs. You even agreed with this in the second part of your post after complaining about what I said. "not making the playoffs will be a blessing in disguise" See why I didn't want to make the playoffs?

And to the other guy, right now we have just as good of a chance of winning the super bowl as we did yesterday. If we made the playoffs, we'd be embarrassed by a good team and then keep norv, setting us up for the same fate again and again. Sorry for not wanting that. I want to win a super bowl and that is not possible with norv turner, so to better our team in the future I didn't want them to win the game today. Currently laughing and shaking my head at you not being able to comprehend that.

Made by El ramster
MaddHatter wrote:
Incidental contact? His blind are you?
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:

Really? I still haven't regrown my eyebrows from the last time, and I'm on the FBI Watchlist for bu the plutonium we needed to make h 2.21 gigawats needed.

"I am a leaf on the wind... Watch how I soar"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: