Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Plaxico Burress

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
e16bball

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 3:04 am    Post subject: Plaxico Burress Reply with quote

People keep talking about acquiring Moss's replacement. As a real football fan, I am the first to admit that there is no other Randy Moss. However, I think Plaxico Burress is as close as it comes. He is big, fast, and has great leaping ability. I think in the right system, with the right QB, and the right motivation, Plax could be Moss Part II, although still less than Moss obviously. Minnesota has more money to spend than anyone, so they are clearly the favorite to sign the number one guy on their list. I think they should make Plax their number one FA target, then go after Derrick Johnson at number 7 and perhaps Thomas Davis or Carlos Rogers at number 18.
BigRich3113

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to see that all happen but I doubt it will.....

HOPEFULLY we do take plaxico because he is a GIANT and jump very high making him a good deap traget.

Although i would cream my pants if DJ did make it to 7th pick, I believe that if the browns somehow pass on him, then the titans won't.

and for the 18th pick I don't see Thomas Davis falling that far although I would LOVE to see it happen.
UtBDan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'd prefer Coles (I'm hoping he doesn't get traded to the Jets lol), but he'd be my #2 guy to chase
Vikings fan.
BigRich3113

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well coles is fast but he isn't a deep threat like Burress and with Daunte's arm Burress I think would be a better fit
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see the Vikings going after either Plaxico Burress or Derrick Mason. Even though Mason is older (31), he's still a very good player. His speed allows his to be a great downfield threat, but his height is a concern. I think they'll go after Plaxico.

But, watch out for Washington. Even though they're entering salary cap hell, and have very little to spend, they alwayss find a way to sign a high profile free agent or two. If it comes down to a bidding war, Washington will win. Not because they have more money, but because Red McCombs is a tightwad who never opens up the wallet to sign any premier talent when the resources are available.
hauschild

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Burres and Coles are terribly overrated.

The two real receivers have passed you by....Muhammad and Mason.

Enjoy Braylon Edwards!!!

Heh heh!
UtBDan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hauschild wrote:

Enjoy Braylon Edwards!!!

Heh heh!

oh no, we're going to suffer now because you called the two that I thought were the 2 best of the 4 OVERRATED!!!

heh.

lol

Coles is not necessarily going to the Jets, so it jsut comes down to Plax as this thread said. Let's hope Red can be enough of a man to sign him.
And Claiborne.
And oh say 4 others.
Vikings fan.
Helter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

burris would be the best of what's left and culpepper picked him in the tv commercial so he must be good Laughing
Mossburg

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boldin > Burress
nickelpete

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hauschild wrote:

Enjoy Braylon Edwards!!!

Wow! This is unbelievably ridiculous...
Muhammad barely manages to resurrect his career last year thanks to Steve Smith sitting it out. Derrick Mason is 5'10--a mosquito! They're both old and the teams that signed them will be lucky to get two productive years out of them. Heck, might as well look into Andre Rison if you think these two shlubbs are so fabulous... Course we'll never know:
Mason has Boller throwing him the ball so people will never know; will it be because of Mason or Boller that will lead to Mason being released after 2 years.
Muhammad is playing for the Bears; when have the Bears ever had a consistant WR threat (Marcus Robinson's 1-2 big years don't count...) The Moose will be cut, after refusing to renegotiate his contract after next year.

Burress, when healthy, is a big play threat and Coles consistantly makes catches and moves the chains. If he was on any team other than Washington, people would've been saying how great his 80+ catch season was last year.

If we are so lucky to have Braylon Edwards fall to us at #7 we will thoroughly enjoy him, thank you
Helter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drops too many east catches

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: