Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Question:Did Chargers Finish 2nd or 3rd In AFC West?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikeh75

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:45 pm    Post subject: Question:Did Chargers Finish 2nd or 3rd In AFC West? Reply with quote

Did Chargers Finish 2nd or 3rd In AFC West?

there is no tie.they either finished 2nd or 3rd.

i'm wondering because i'm trying to figure out the Titans schedule next season as we are playing the 2nd place team in the west which is either San Diego or Oakland.
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think second. You'd have to look at division record, then SOS I guess.

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
Duffman57

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I think they did. Or at least that's what espns playoff machine says. If we had lost that game we would've been 4th. haha.

Bolt Up Comrades!

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duffman57 wrote:
Yes I think they did. Or at least that's what espns playoff machine says. If we had lost that game we would've been 4th. haha.

Yeah, NFL.com has us listed as 2nd in the division. Division record was even with the Raiders, but we won tiebreakers with a +1 better in-conference record and had a marginally tougher SOS.

So next season we can expect the Titans, Jets, and Steelers as on our conference schedule (though the Titans would have been anyway because I'm fairly certain we're up to draw the AFC South and either the NFC South or the NFC West again on division-draws).

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
Duffman57 wrote:

Yeah, NFL.com has us listed as 2nd in the division. Division record was even with the Raiders, but we won tiebreakers with a +1 better in-conference record and had a marginally tougher SOS.

So next season we can expect the Titans, Jets, and Steelers as on our conference schedule (though the Titans would have been anyway because I'm fairly certain we're up to draw the AFC South and either the NFC South or the NFC West again on division-draws).
I think we get the AFC North and the NFC South.
Duffman57

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
Duffman57 wrote:

Yah, didn't we just play the NFC West last year though? I'm pretty sure its NFC South year. And we just played the AFC South last year. If it is just a repeating thing in order, we should play the AFC North and the NFC South.

Bolt Up Comrades!

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duffman57 wrote:
The LBC wrote:
Duffman57 wrote:

Yah, didn't we just play the NFC West last year though? I'm pretty sure its NFC South year. And we just played the AFC South last year. If it is just a repeating thing in order, we should play the AFC North and the NFC South.

I keep getting thrown off on whether we played the AFC North in inter-conference last year because we also played the Bengals, and the Bengals haven't won their division since the days when von Oelhoeffen steamrolled Carson like Judge Doom in Who Framed Roger Rabbit, and up until last season we'd been constantly playing 1st place-in-the-division inter-conference schedules.

I suppose I could just go and look it up, but I just got back from Costa Rica like an hour ago and I kind of want to pretend I'm still on vacation for a half day more.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matchups just came out. For us:

SAN DIEGO CHARGERS

Home: Denver Broncos, Kansas City Chiefs, Oakland Raiders, Baltimore Ravens, Cincinnati Bengals, Tennessee Titans, Atlanta Falcons, Carolina Panthers.

Away: Denver Broncos, Kansas City Chiefs, Oakland Raiders, Cleveland Browns, Pittsburgh Steelers, New York Jets, New Orleans Saints, Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: