Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: Steelers vs. Browns AFCN game 5 of 6
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
greene91fan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:51 am    Post subject: GDT: Steelers vs. Browns AFCN game 5 of 6 Reply with quote

Thank Goodness it's THURSDAY!!!
Week 14 December 8th 2011

@

Kickoff @ 8:20 EST
Series Record 62-56 STEELERS
Time for some fun stuff:
Arrow What do the Cleveland Browns and Billy Graham have in common?
They both can make 75000 people stand up and yell Jesus Christ!
Arrow What do you call 53 men in the living room watching the playoffs?
Duh...the Cleveland Browns
Below are some interesting past threads I found, one courtesy of the directory...I'd encourage yinz to browse through them if for nothing else than comedic value. Win, lose or draw we could be a whole lot worse off. In all seriousness Cleveland could be on the way up but I've thought that before and been wrong.

Notable Past Cleveland vs. Pittsburgh Thread I

Notable Past Cleveland vs. Pittsburgh Thread II
Prediction Steelers 31 Cleveland 14
Cleveland Injuries:
Out: Quinton Spears, T.J. Ward
Steelers Injuries:
Out: Arnaz Battle, Chris Carter
Questionable: Ramon Foster
Thursday Night Football News:
We've been dead Indians in his Cowboy movie enough.
No Setback for Woodley!
Random Hotties:

For the record, I put my Harley up for the winter yesterday Crying or Very sad and I'm already going through riding withdrawl. Hence the ladies on the bikes!

Discuss...

Thanks Lysar529 for the sig!

"Arguing with some people is like wrestling with a pig in the mud. The more you do it, the more you realize the pig is enjoying it."

Last edited by greene91fan on Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
stillersenat

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job getting this up quickly.

I think if there is a trap game, this is it. One thing for sure, the Browns are going to be committed to stopping the run after yesterday vs. the Ravens.

Any escape might help to smooth the unattractive truth but the suburbs have no charms to soothe the restless dreams of youth
stefan52268

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stillersenat wrote:

I think if there is a trap game, this is it. One thing for sure, the Browns are going to be committed to stopping the run after yesterday vs. the Ravens.

Very much could be a trap game. I think we will feed off the Bengals Victory and win, convincingly.

Props to Lyasr529 on the sweet sig!
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely could be a trap game if not for the following exceptions.....

1. Game is at home

2. Game is on primetime/nationally televised

I don't want to get overconfident but I think we are hitting our stride and will continue to dominate, and the Browns will be but a small speed bump.

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
at23steelers

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Injuries: RG Foster (ankle) questionable; WR Battle, OLB Carter to remain out; RB Dwyer has a foot issue; OLB Woodley is in play for Thurs.

I think Woodley didn't re-injure it!
jebrick

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stillersenat wrote:

I disagree. From the reports I'm reading the team is focused. Unlike the 2009 debacle, they will come in focused. I did not see if there were a hurricane coming up the Mississippi valley to help out the Browns this week.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
steelerjunkie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt this is a trap game. Not on a quick turn around, and on National TV. I DO expect the Browns to give it their all because it is on National TV. But I suspect we'd BETTER win. And we better be able to run for over 200 Yds on them. Anything less would be a disgrace IMHO. Also, we gotta Improve our 3rd down percentage this game. Cause 5 for 22 the last two games will NOT cut it against a team like the 49ers on the road. So this is the game we need to fix that.
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW... love the 2nd pic of the redhead in blue bikini... I approve! Wink

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
Big7BenMVP

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steelers win by 20. Just sayin'.

as11osu wrote:
You want to own a Hummer, go for it I guess. It's a selfish decision and a true reflection of character IMO.
^^^ The reason assumptions are dumb. ^^^
steelerjunkie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big7BenMVP wrote:

I wonder if Big7BenMVP was saying the same thing the last time these two teams met on a Thursday night game in 2009 ? When the Browns BEAT us 13-6 ?
Okay that game WAS in Cleveland...as where this game will be in Pittsburgh. But that Cleveland team in 2009 was just 1-11 entering the game. While we were 6-6, and battling for that final Wild card spot. I also don't think that 2009 Browns team was ranked 6th in Defense like THIS Browns team is. So although I appreciate Big7Ben's confidence. When it comes to the history of the Browns vs Steelers...you can usually too away whatever the teams records are. Whether we win by 20....or by 2....all I want is a WIN Laughing

Take NOTHING for granted.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steelerjunkie wrote:
Big7BenMVP wrote:

I wonder if Big7BenMVP was saying the same thing the last time these two teams met on a Thursday night game in 2009 ? When the Browns BEAT us 13-6 ?
Okay that game WAS in Cleveland...as where this game will be in Pittsburgh. But that Cleveland team in 2009 was just 1-11 entering the game. While we were 6-6, and battling for that final Wild card spot. I also don't think that 2009 Browns team was ranked 6th in Defense like THIS Browns team is. So although I appreciate Big7Ben's confidence. When it comes to the history of the Browns vs Steelers...you can usually too away whatever the teams records are. Whether we win by 20....or by 2....all I want is a WIN Laughing

For one...Im sure MVP is just being humorously overconfident in the team.

Secondly, in that game, Troy was injured, Hartwig, Kemo and Colon got embarassed all game long, the defense wasnt playing well, and Arians had the genius plan to have us throw downfield almost all game despite there being 30 MPH gusts all game long.

Obviously...any given Sunday....but we are a better team now than we were that year....healthier for the most part....and I dont think the weather is slated to be quite that bad.
steelerjunkie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take NOTHING for granted.[/quote]

Secondly, in that game, Troy was injured, Hartwig, Kemo and Colon got embarassed all game long, the defense wasnt playing well, and Arians had the genius plan to have us throw downfield almost all game despite there being 30 MPH gusts all game long.

Obviously...any given Sunday....but we are a better team now than we were that year....healthier for the most part....and I dont think the weather is slated to be quite that bad.[/quote
]

Look Fourthreemafia......No fair! I mean IF you are gonna use " Commen Sense " to counter my points....I will lose my Advantage!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
waffles7

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
steelerjunkie wrote:
Big7BenMVP wrote:

Obviously...any given Sunday....but we are a better team now than we were that year....healthier for the most part....and I dont think the weather is slated to be quite that bad.

Talk about hell. It was blistering cold, i was surrounded by clowns fans, and we were getting embarrassed. Worst game I ever attended!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
BTW... love the 2nd pic of the redhead in blue bikini... I approve! Wink

Very Happy

Thanks Lysar529 for the sig!

"Arguing with some people is like wrestling with a pig in the mud. The more you do it, the more you realize the pig is enjoying it."
SteelProven

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is another game the Steelers should look to have over early to rest players such as Troy, Wood, Ben and any other players with nagging injuries.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 1 of 16

Jump to: