Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

T.I.R.T 4.0 - The Suh Apologizometer Score (out of 100)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 66, 67, 68 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HokieHigh

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikings > Bears > Giants (07, 11) > Eagles (03) > Atlanta > Lions > Rest

I have a hard time hating the Lions as they have been irrelevant for my entire life. These are grimy teams whose fan bases reflect that culture.
Dubyajay

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HokieHigh wrote:

I have a hard time hating the Lions as they have been irrelevant for my entire life. These are grimy teams whose fan bases reflect that culture.

I'd just say go to a game in Detroit then. The Lions would move up that list in a hurry.
Sandybaby716

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for me, starting with the team i dislike most,

Vikings: I actually have nothing against this years team, as I like Peterson, Allan, Rudolph, Kalil, etc. But they have too much of a history around the era that I really started getting into individual football players (the early 2000s) and I can't forgive that franchise for ruining my perception of Favre ( although Favre also did that himself.) I forgave Brett for the Jets. He needed to get it out of his system, I said. But the Vikings was too far. Stealing Sharper, Longwell, Ferguson (ok, so that's not really stealing), the "Love Boat" incident, just a lot of not good stuff going on.

Patriots: I moved to California in February this year. Before then, I lived all over New England for 17 years. During these years I got into football. It's widely accepted that if you arent a fan of the home team, you can't help but hate them (see: GB79 and David@Mizz). This is me and the Pats. Never liked Brady, and people forget how terrible a QB he was before he got Moss and Welker. System QB who wasn't even that good in the Super Bowl years. Now he plays amazing but doesn't win. Suck it, Brady.

Falcons: This is based around one silly detail that isnt even within the team's power: early in both their starting careers, people said Ryan was better than Rodgers because he "Winz Gamez". People still try to give him a miss and call him an elite QB despite the fact that he hasn't even won a playoff game. In fact, he's gotten blown out in all three of his playoff games mostly because of his OWN BAD PLAY. Our game against them was close before the pick six blew it open. Matt Ryan is my least favorite QB in the league and it isn't even his fault. It's the media's.

Lions: About two years ago I didn't care. I kind of hoped they won. Not over us, but I felt bad for tormented fans. I'm a Red Sox fan; I know how it feels to just know you were going to lose no matter how much it seemed you had a chance. Then Schwartz came around. Suh, Titus Young, LeShoure, etc, so many players just became bad dudes. It's a shame that their team has such a poor reputation when Calvin and Stafford seem like such good guys off of it. The deeds of the few spoil the reward for the many. But the coach and Suh are the two main reasons this team is on the list.

Bears: This team is unique. I want the Bears to be good. Every season I want to see them in the playoffs. I'm happy they're good this season and was disappointed last season when their only two offensive players got hurt. I respect Smokin' Jay Cutler despite his flaws and think he's a good player. I do wish for the Bears to have success.

But not too much success. I want them to be good until the day they have to play us, and then I want us to beat them like we did Week 2, both times last season, week 17 the year before and, of course in the NFC Championship game that same season. I want us to beat them by 5 touchdowns. And I want them to be a good team so that it actually means something when we defeat them. They remind me of Wes Mantooth in Anchorman - "At the bottom of my gut, with every inch of me, I plain, straight hate you...But dammit, do I respect you."

Everyone else is cool.

edit: added reasoning

Last edited by Sandybaby716 on Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
spilltray

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikings
Bears
Eagles
Falcons
Rest of the NFL

That would be my least favorite teams.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TheGreatZepp

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh we're having a hater party?

From Moderate to Great Hate!

Oakland (falling off the list now)
Vikings (Love Peterson and Jared Allen has turned things around from being a troublesome drunk, it's just the Culpepper, Moss, Favre, Sharper, Longwell era and everything in between that fueled them to the top of my hate list of division rivals.)
Falcons (Disliked them when they were the Hotlanta Dirty Birds, hated them when the dog killer was there and now they really have no players that appeal to me so in the cellar they stay)
Redskins (Anti-East Coast bias? I don't know, never liked them though)
Jets (J-E-T-S I hate you! Rex Ryan one of my most disliked personalities in the league but still a long ways behind no. 1. If championships were won on egos alone, the Jets would have been in the running every year for the last 50 years.)
Eagles (There is one player in this league I love to watch get smashed to pieces on the field, his name is Michael Vick. This is my perfect storm for franchise hate. Worst fans in the nation? Check. Most Loathed player in the game? Check. Huge Egos and Running Mouths all around with nothing to back it up? Check. Media Darling? Check. Long History of the prior? Check.)

Notale Omissions:
Lions - Maybe I would hate them if I started watching football three years ago but as a kid the Lions were one of the teams that I enjoyed watching most. Barry Sanders, Herman Moore, Chris Spielman, Mel Gray, Robert Porcher, these were guys I ALWAYS looked forward to seeing, many a Thanksgiving were spent watching them. I like the team currently mostly good guys, I just don't like Delmas, Suh or Fairley... in that order. Schwartz is a total hot-head too, but his tantrums and coaching meltdowns are truly entertaining.

Bears - I could hate them and I probably should but, I think this is the best rivalry in pro football and to maintain that rivalry there has to be some bitter yet great games. Two of the greatest franchises in pro sports, original NFL teams, and bundles of championships not to mention more then their shares of some of the leagues greatest all-time players.

Cowboys - I hated this team in the 90's they were the empire in the NFC when the Packers were the rebellion trying to break through. The 49er's were there as well but it was give and take with them, a team of very likable and great players but also the team holding your own down. The Cowboys on the other hand had the personalities and attitude that was fun to hate. I can't really hate them now because well, I hate the Eagles, Redskins and am frickin sick of the Giants so...lesser of the evils? We all know they'd lose in the Playoffs anyways.

Patriots - I hate dynasties that aren't the Packers but that Brady guy is pretty good and the players do present themselves well for the most part (Moss and Haynesworth are exceptions) even if their coach likes to test the rules. They can't really help it that half-wits run the other teams in their division. If they completed the perfect 19-0 season they would of certainly made my top five, luckily that loss knocked them down a few pegs which leads me to who we have to thank for that...

GiantsThis is the team that stopped the Patriots and the ESPN frenzy of a perfect season and for that I'm eternally grateful. Eli was the darkhorse Manning to root for those couple years but now it's time to put them on ice and give it a rest. Some great games have been played between the Packers and Giants and that's good, great history helps lift the Packers profile in New York which is good for our team but enough is enough. Eli has his two Super Bowl rings, time to let Rodgers get his other five.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starting with most hated..

1. Giants
2-4. Lions, Bears, Vikings - it goes back and forth depending on who is relevant and such.
5. Seahawks - strictly based on this year
6. Eagles
7. Jets
8. Falcons
9. Cowboys

I'm pretty impartial to everyone else.
CWood21

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
I still hate the Bears.

Just thought it needed to be mentioned.

My order of least favorites.

Cowboys>>>>>>Giants>>>>>Jets>>>>>Lions>>Bears>>>>>Jay Cutler>>>>>[MOD EDIT]>>>>>>>>>>>>>Minnesota Vikings

The political comments/remarks aren't necessary. Please refrain from using them even if you feel that way as it goes against Webby's rules.

Quote:
8. You may not discuss race, religion, politics, or sexual-orientation on these forums. This includes references in usernames, signatures, avatars, and PMs.
CWood21

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HokieHigh wrote:

Here is a warning.

Quote:
3. Do not flame or troll. This is when you start a topic or post just to anger or incite other members.

Regardless of whether or not the intent was to incite other fanbases, it really doesn't matter which forum it is in whether it be the Packers forum, TAST, or another rival teams' forum. Nothing good will come from calling another team "grimy" and then attaching the fanbases to that team. It's alright to dislike another team, but to attack another teams' fanbase when Webmaster has been pretty explicit about his desire to keep that away from Football's Future.
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My fault, CWood. I didn't mean to start that.

So the Lions play the Giants on the early Thanksgiving game, right? Mmmmm turkey.

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs
WIsportsfan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The team I can't stand the most right now are the Falcons. All this hype/talk about being elite when they haven't proven anything the last few years. Wow, they're 8-1! They went 13-3 two years ago and got embarrassed by the Packers on their own field.

And Matt Ryan isn't even in the same stratosphere as Rodgers. He wasn't a few years ago and he damn sure isn't now.
CWood21

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's just drop which teams we hate. That's not what Webby wants us discussing in this thread.

Webmaster wrote:
You can leave it open as long as the members stop talking about their most hated teams.

Is what I got from him when discussing it through PM.
WIsportsfan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can't even talk about what teams we hate? Christ. Who is whining now? I'm not going to pretend to like the Bears or Vikings just to appease people.

And this "hate" thing isn't exactly like people go into a fit of rage when talking about them. But whatever.
GBPackers79

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I apologize then. I went along with it, not the example I should be setting.

As always, Webmaster and all of the moderators are available to talk to you via PM if you have an issue with the rules. Let's try to leave it out of the threads. But I do encourage you to go ahead and PM someone if you're frustrated, just to gain a better understanding, or perhaps influence a change.

Thanks.
ajdodge09

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we do teams we love in descending order?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't talk about teams we hate now?? Laughing Wow.

Anyways, Favre>>>

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 66, 67, 68 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 67 of 99

Jump to: