Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

D94W's "Young QBs Review" - Looking back on 2011
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:14 am    Post subject: Re: D94W's "Young QBs Review" Reply with quote

Dallas94Ware wrote:
I've gotten married and brought a little D94W into the world...

You and me both, my man. Aren't they the best? (The wife AND the lil one...) My boy is one month old now, such an awesome feeling. Very Happy

Great to have you back, hope to see more of you. Would be interested to see a TJ Yates writeup (granted, I know you won't have a LOT to go off of, not until the season is done at least...but a first impression following Sunday would be pretty cool).

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
Dallas94Ware

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoPackGo wrote:
"Sanchez, despite all the criticism he gets (likely from playing in NY), is playing well."

Here's where you lost me.

The guy has thrown only 11 picks this season, but people make him sound as if he's throwing 3 or 4 a game. The guy has a problem - but it's not an interception problem. It's a problem called the New York Media.

Yes just like every coach, I do think I know everything.

Read the Football FAQ!
Dallas94Ware

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:38 pm    Post subject: Re: D94W's "Young QBs Review" Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
Dallas94Ware wrote:
I've gotten married and brought a little D94W into the world...

You and me both, my man. Aren't they the best? (The wife AND the lil one...) My boy is one month old now, such an awesome feeling. Very Happy

Great to have you back, hope to see more of you. Would be interested to see a TJ Yates writeup (granted, I know you won't have a LOT to go off of, not until the season is done at least...but a first impression following Sunday would be pretty cool).

I actually got to watch Yates' every throw this past Sunday while scoping out Gabbert.

A few 'quick hits' on my early assessments of him:

-Kid can really fire a laser when he has to get the ball out fast.
-Odd launch point/release point, could result in a lot of balls batted down at the line.
-He has those happy feet you like to see. Enables a strong plant foot and tends to help a young QB remain 'on time' with the play.
-Plays fast, with quick decisions. You like to see this, but not to the point where you're leading a receiver too much, as he sometimes was.

He's definitely got potential, he just needs to slow himself down a little and understand that reading the coverage is just as important as firing the ball through it.

EDIT: And yes, they're great! The wife let me invest heavily in a 'man cave' in the basement, and the kid is already saying "fah ball" before "da da" .. I love it!

Read the Football FAQ!
Dallas94Ware

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TeamID wrote:
Think you could do some research on Rivers and why he's playing so badly this year?

Rivers is absolutely everything a coach dreams of at QB. He's usually consistent. He delivers the ball on time. He's accurate. He's a pretty big cannon for an arm.

I think his struggles as of late have more to do with his supporting cast than him alone. Jackson has been very inconsistent, Flloyd's been injured, Gates has been injured, Matthews is not Tomlinson, and his offensive line has played less than good. He's essentially trying to shoulder his team's offense every week - and there are very, very few QBs capable of doing that and still playing phenomonally. Two of them from recent years are named Brady and Manning; so you get the idea.

Read the Football FAQ!
D.Revis24

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoPackGo wrote:
"Sanchez, despite all the criticism he gets (likely from playing in NY), is playing well."

He has the 2nd most TDs out of the QBs in the AFC but people act like hes the worst in the league.

Props to El Ramster on the sig
iPwn

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dallas94Ware wrote:
GoPackGo wrote:

The guy has thrown only 11 picks this season, but people make him sound as if he's throwing 3 or 4 a game. The guy has a problem - but it's not an interception problem. It's a problem called the New York Media.

He has a completion percentage problem. And a "being in the middle of the pack in almost everything else" problem.

- Best since day one -
The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
iPwn

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D.Revis24 wrote:
GoPackGo wrote:

He has the 2nd most TDs out of the QBs in the AFC but people act like hes the worst in the league.

*Third.

Brady has 28.
Fitzpatrick has 19.
Sanchez has 18.

And outside of the TDs, which is tied for 8th in the league, he's average - below average at everything else.

- Best since day one -
The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
Dallas94Ware

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Dallas94Ware wrote:
GoPackGo wrote:

He has a completion percentage problem. And a "being in the middle of the pack in almost everything else" problem.

In an offense where all of his receivers are mediocre aside from their TE. In an offense where the playcalls do not play to his strengths.

He's still accurate, he's still got the arm, and he still protects the football.

Read the Football FAQ!
D.Revis24

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:

*Third.

Brady has 28.
Fitzpatrick has 19.
Sanchez has 18.

And outside of the TDs, which is tied for 8th in the league, he's average - below average at everything else.

No hes 2nd, I said TDs, not passing TDs. He has 21 TDs this season which is 2nd behind Brady for the AFC.

Props to El Ramster on the sig
davin fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Dallas94Ware wrote:
GoPackGo wrote:

So he's average. People [inappropriate/removed] on him like he's the worst QB in the league, bottom-5 at best.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

davin fanatic wrote:
So he's average. People - on him like he's the worst QB in the league, bottom-5 at best.

When you're declared the face of the NFL and then you play average, you're gonna take a lot of criticism. Not really surprising.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colt Mccoy?

VikingsFan51 wrote:
OHIO just totally stole my thunder. Took my milkshake and ate it too

Twitter: @snelld58
sandwhich

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Double Agent wrote:
davin fanatic wrote:
So he's average. People - on him like he's the worst QB in the league, bottom-5 at best.

When you're declared the face of the NFL and then you play average, you're gonna take a lot of criticism. Not really surprising.

This is what bothers me. When has ANYBODY declared Sanchez 'the face of the NFL' or even have claimed for him to be an elite QB? NOBODY has done that. Not fans, not coaches (not even Rex Ryan), not analysts, not anybody on this message board.

He gets criticism as if people are making QB lists with Sanchez in the top 10, as if Rex Ryan is spouting off that he's the best QB in the league, as if Jets fans are constantly in praise of him. If ANY of those were true than the harsh criticism would make sense, but not of them are true.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsman82 wrote:
Very good work as usual.

While I agree that this season Sanchez is the worst fade thrower I've seen, he was actually quite good at it with Braylon Edwards. That's the area that the Jets currently miss the most from last season.

I wonder how different the season would be with Braylon back instead of Plax.

Possibly not as good, but more than likely exactly the same.

Plax is better.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Ponder write up, i do agree with a lot of it. Ponder has shown great accuracy, and has shown the ability to make every throw that is expected as an NFL Qb. There is concern with his pocket awareness, sometimes he seems to throw the ball sooner than he should and sometimes looks to scramble around more than he should. The Vikes pass protection has been horrible this year, so maybe he just has happy feet because he just anticipates a lot of pressure. If MN can fix its Oline, I think Ponder will settle down a bit in the pocket and make better reads, which should also give him better ball placement. And to comment on ball placement, when you dont have a clean pocket ball placement can be off. Ponder has shown pretty good poise all things considered, and I think he has the moxy to be a starting Qb, but i do agree, when he does make a horrible throw more bad throws seem to follow, but he still shows moxy in taking those shots and not fearing the consequences.

Overall, Ponder has impressed me. He has a better arm and better athleticism than I would have imagined, and the accuracy has been good. He really needs to work on pocket awareness, throwing the ball away, and better ball placement; which some of these issues will improve once he gets better protection.

Ponder does take a lot of sacks it seems, mainly due to the Oline being dreadful, but I have seen on a few occasions where Ponder is reluctant to throw the ball out of bounds. But maybe that goes to moxy and confidence, Ponder would rather try and make a play than give up and chuck the ball out of bounds.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: