Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ravens re-sign CB Cary Williams to tender contract
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Ravens re-sign CB Cary Williams to tender contract Reply with quote

Quote:
#Ravens re-signed restricted free-agent CB Cary Williams.

http://mobile.twitter.com/nfl_realupdates/status/199552612553605121

Williams became a starter in 2011 and recorded 78 tackles, 2 FFs and 18 passes defended playing opposite Lardarius Webb.

Williams is a freakish size/speed combination and should compete with 2nd-year CB Jimmy Smith for a starting role next season.

Tom Brady Tribute
sp6488

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if he's not officially one of the starting 11, he'll certainly get a lot of playing time.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great move by a GREAT front office.

And he's still the starter until Jimmy takes it from him. Wink

Matts4313 wrote:
Speaking of attacking kids
sp6488

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavensTillIDie wrote:
Great move by a GREAT front office.
And he's still the starter until Jimmy takes it from him. Wink

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did they actually re-sign him or did he just sign his tender?

^Et billede siger mere end tusind ord!
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

STrid wrote:
Did they actually re-sign him or did he just sign his tender?

He was re-signed under the tender contract.
Tom Brady Tribute
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hooray, finally a signing I can agree with!

I love our starting 3 corners, especially since Webb/Carry can both play slot and outside effectively and Jimmy can lock down the outside as well.

Looking forward to see the competition between Chykie and Danny for the #4 corner spot.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

I love our starting 3 corners, especially since Webb/Carry can both play slot and outside effectively and Jimmy can lock down the outside as well.

Looking forward to see the competition between Chykie and Danny for the #4 corner spot.

He only signed his tender. Don't forget Graham as a potential candidate for the 4th CB spot either.
ceejay

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

He only signed his tender. Don't forget Graham as a potential candidate for the 4th CB spot either.

People shouldn't sleep on Asa Jackson, I am hearing good things about him from a lot of college fans. He could definitely make a run.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graham and Asa Jackson are camp bodies as far as I'm concerned right now.

Actually, I think Gorrer has the #4 spot locked up and Graham/Brown/Jackson are fighting for a ST spot, and I think Graham is obviously going to win that battle.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Actually, I think Gorrer has the #4 spot locked up and Graham/Brown/Jackson are fighting for a ST spot, and I think Graham is obviously going to win that battle.

I really wonder if you actually watch football sometimes. Brick wall
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

I really wonder if you actually watch football sometimes. Brick wall

Graham is a STer and Asa Jackson is a camp body until proven otherwise, especially with our depth right now.

I mean unless you actually believe Corey Graham and Asa Jackson are hidden gems.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Graham is a STer and Asa Jackson is a camp body until proven otherwise, especially with our depth right now.

I mean unless you actually believe Corey Graham and Asa Jackson are hidden gems.

Graham has been more than a great special teams player. It's the main thing the media focused on when the Ravens signed him but Graham showed some nice attributes on defense as well. I can kind of see your point with Jackson (maybe our definitions of camp body are different), but your comment about Graham, Brown, and Jackson fighting for a special teams spot made it seem like you though only one of them will make the roster. I would be very surprised if Jackson didn't because of his ability to return kicks and punts as well as playing on the coverage teams. He has the talent to win the 4th CB spot as well. If anybody is going to be written off I would say it would be Brown. The Ravens have kept 6 CB spots on the roster for the past few seasons and with the talent they have at the position right now I don't see why they wouldn't continue the trend.
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Graham has been more than a great special teams player. It's the main thing the media focused on when the Ravens signed him but Graham showed some nice attributes on defense as well. I can kind of see your point with Jackson (maybe our definitions of camp body are different), but your comment about Graham, Brown, and Jackson fighting for a special teams spot made it seem like you though only one of them will make the roster. I would be very surprised if Jackson didn't because of his ability to return kicks and punts as well as playing on the coverage teams. He has the talent to win the 4th CB spot as well. If anybody is going to be written off I would say it would be Brown. The Ravens have kept 6 CB spots on the roster for the past few seasons and with the talent they have at the position right now I don't see why they wouldn't continue the trend.

I could potentially see Brown trying his hand at safety. Lord knows we need the depth.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

If a police officer offered me a warning, no, I would not take it.
RavensTillIDie

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

I could potentially see Brown trying his hand at safety. Lord knows we need the depth.

I was thinking Graham would be the more likely fit at safety as he had taken a few snaps with the Bears at the position, at least in practice.

Brown showed some flashes of potential last pre-season, so I wouldn't write him off just yet at corner. I still think Gorrer is locked in as our number 4 option, but you never know what can happen during the course of training camp and pre-season.

Hopefully the competition for the backup safety positions comes down to Graham, Christian Thompson, and Asa Jackson (meaning absolutely no Sean Considine). However, the only problem is that all of them translate to free safety.

Definitely curious to see what happens with that backup strong safety position.

Matts4313 wrote:
Speaking of attacking kids

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: