Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rodgers Vs. Smith
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
olinono

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I don't have much to say, other than you happened to miss a small paragraph in that article:

Quote:
The 49ers also have considered bringing in an experience quarterback. They were interested in Trent Dilfer before the Browns dealt a fourth-round choice to Seattle for Dilfer's rights.

Coach Mike Nolan said the organization has discussed other veterans, including Bucs quarterback Brad Johnson, who visited Detroit on Tuesday and plans to go to Chicago today.

One NFL source said if the 49ers sign a veteran quarterback, they likely would trade starter Tim Rattay, take a quarterback in the draft and let Ken Dorsey and Cody Pickett fight for the third quarterback slot.

"Right now, Rattay would be the quarterback, I would think," Nolan said when asked if Rattay was still the starter. "But there will be competition no matter how you look at it."

So let's not get in over our heads...there's a ways to go.

The only reason why I left it out is because I thought that it was pretty obvious that Rattay is better than the rest of the lame QBs that we have. And he also did say he would think that Rattay would be the starter. Didn't sound SO extremely happy that he would select Rattay or else he would have said "HANDS down he would be the QB."

And maybe I should have included it. He is even guaranteeing that there will be competition therefore implying that Rattay is not safe. He sure didn't talk about Barlow like that:

Quote:
Running back Kevan Barlow is not going anywhere, Nolan said. Barlow, who signed a big-money deal last offseason, struggled along with the entire offense in 2004.

"Kevan is our back," Nolan said. "He has to perform at a better level than he did last year, and it's our anticipation that he'll come back and do that. That is why we have minicamps, training camp and the whole bit."

Or maybe he is pulling a "Bill Walsh." Saying that Rattay would be the QB but REALLY meaning that he wouldn't be... LOL...[/quote]
CrackLaden

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's fine. As of right now, it's Rattay's job. We'll see what develops. I'm glad they're sticking with Kevan Barlow...I was hoping they would do that, and I'm glad Nolan is willing to give it another go. I hope he'll do the same for Rattay, and I think he will.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: