Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official Sacramento Kings Thread: CHAMPS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 60, 61, 62  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bleedin_Green36

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NoHypeNeeded wrote:
I don't think anyone is worried about the Sacramento Queens *shaq voice*.

JERK!!!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NoHypeNeeded wrote:

nobody is worried about the stupid eagles Aka chokemasters and dog killers with no super bowls.

Props to IDOG_det on the sig.
RavensTillIDie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, let's go ahead and cut out the name-calling before it goes too far.

Thanks.

Also, NoHypeNeeded, probably not the best idea to come into a team thread and try to insult said team; usually doesn't end up working out too well.

Matts4313 wrote:
Speaking of attacking kids
Bleedin_Green36

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiero wrote:
NoHypeNeeded wrote:

nobody is worried about the stupid eagles Aka chokemasters and dog killers with no super bowls.

Heyyy!!!! I'm an Eagles fan!!! Wink

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got me a Kings Thomas Robinson jersey. Not sure how great he'll be but he's one of my favorite players ever. Works his tail off and should ATLEAST be a great bench player. Here's to hoping he's a great starter down the road . Good luck this year ill be rooting for ya'll!
Bleedin_Green36

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Siv wrote:
Just got me a Kings Thomas Robinson jersey. Not sure how great he'll be but he's one of my favorite players ever. Works his tail off and should ATLEAST be a great bench player. Here's to hoping he's a great starter down the road . Good luck this year ill be rooting for ya'll!

Awesome dude!!! T-Rob will get plenty of playing time this season. With the way Cousins gets into foul trouble, I wouldn't be surprised to see him get 30 minutes a night off the bench. He looked a bit shaky in the summer league and was trying way too hard. Once he gets with the vets, I'm sure he will slow down and play a lot better.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bleedin_Green36 wrote:
Siv wrote:

Awesome dude!!! T-Rob will get plenty of playing time this season. With the way Cousins gets into foul trouble, I wouldn't be surprised to see him get 30 minutes a night off the bench. He looked a bit shaky in the summer league and was trying way too hard. Once he gets with the vets, I'm sure he will slow down and play a lot better.

they did mention that towards the end of preseason and after that he was going back to banging the boards and banging inside more and dribbling full court and taking jumpers less. should be a fun guy to watch can't wait, hope he has a big impact on the kings this year

Props to IDOG_det on the sig.
Bleedin_Green36

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice article on Evans. He has worked harder than every before and I'm really hoping it pays off come October.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--tyreke-evans-faces-uncertain-future-with-kings-.html

Quote:
"He's been a lot more focused this summer," Kings general manager Geoff Petrie said. "Part of it is maturing as a player. You kind of forget that he is only 22 years old. He's definitely put in more work and concentration in trying to improve parts of his game. He wants to be thought of as one of the best players in the league."

Quote:
Asked about Evans' contract situation, Petrie said: "I don't think it's something on the front burner at this point. Going forward salary cap-wise, we have a lot of flexibility. There are no real concerns about our ability to pay going forward because of our future numbers. The most important thing in the big picture is that Tyreke takes his game to another level. The reward for that is ultimately what's greater in a lot of respects."

Quote:
"I've been losing ever since I got here," Evans said. "I just want to win games. I've never been a loser."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cousins looks a lot skinnier in his instagram pictures and looked more explosive in the highlights from the Kentucky scrimmage they had the other day. If he cuts down on the ticky tack, dumb fouls, I expect 22 and 14, and a better shooting %.

2 weeks until training camp!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5JrzKbdzik

Tyreke looks super quick and it also looks like his vertical has improved. He still fades back when he shoots but his release does seem quicker.

9 days until training camp!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ty's time in Sac town is up. Team runs better with little Thomas IMO.
He's a more traditional PG. Ty just needs a fresh start. Both will benefit greatly. More PT for Sac players.. Plus possibly a future loto pick.

BBL
Bleedin_Green36

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
Ty's time in Sac town is up. Team runs better with little Thomas IMO.
He's a more traditional PG. Ty just needs a fresh start. Both will benefit greatly. More PT for Sac players.. Plus possibly a future loto pick.

His value isn't very high right now though. He is soooo talented that it would be dumb to trade him for nothing. And when we had big wins last year (Lakers, Thunder, and Spurs) Tyreke had some of his best games. If he can get us 16 5 and 5 while playing good defense and being more efficient on offense (not out of the question IMO) then he helps us so much more than anything we would get in a trade. If we can get a very good SF with upside than I am all for it but I'm not sure we have any offers out there that are worth taking. Plus he isn't even a PG anymore and probably won't get any minutes there with Isaiah and now Aaron Brooks on the team. He will play most of his minutes at the 2 or 3.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/sam_amick/10/01/demarcus-cousins-sacramento-kings/index.html

Quote:
His experience with the U.S. select team in Las Vegas in July won't be remembered as a positive one, he insists, and his well-publicized dust-up with USA Basketball chairman Jerry Colangelo is to blame.
"No, it wasn't [positive]," Cousins interjected unapologetically. "No."
During the week in which the select squad played against the Olympic team as training for the London Olympics, Cousins drew criticism for being too physical in scrimmages. Colangelo told reporters that Cousins "has some growing up to do." Cousins later approached Colangelo to discuss their rift.
"I didn't enjoy it," he said of the experience. "I went out there, and ... I'm not going to say I didn't learn anything from it, because I did. But it was just, in my mind, another political battle. I learned more about politics. I saw the work ethic of the so-called elite in the league, and I took some notes from that and took that back with me. But as far as the rest of it? No.

Quote:
"It has the potential for a really significant growth year for him," Petrie told SI.com. "On the physical side for sure, he really consistently worked on his conditioning, played every day for the past couple weeks here getting ready. He's shooting the ball very well. He's coming into camp in the best shape I've ever seen him, really.

Quote:
Cousins revealed for the first time that his former girlfriend from his hometown of Mobile, Ala., gave birth to his son, Amir, five months ago. It was, to be clear, one of the few times in the interview that he offered a hearty smile, speaking of how fatherhood had changed his perspective:
"It's fun. I'm enjoying it. You've got to grow up fast. It's an added responsibility. Now you're not just a role model for the fans, you're a role model for someone who is actually looking up to you. It changes your mindset."

Quote:
On the team and, specifically, the dynamic between him and fourth-year guard Tyreke Evans:
"At the end of the day, everybody in that locker room knows this team is myself and Tyreke's. I don't give a [expletive] about no articles [asking whose team it is]. This team goes as far as we carry it."

Quote:
On the Lakers' new Super Team:
"That's whatever. I don't care. Dwight, Andrew, same thing. That's something they have to work out. I couldn't care less about the Lakers."

Also, Evans and Cousins have shown up to camp in phenomenal shape and the Kings' organization is very happy about how hard they worked this off-season.

So excited for the year to start!!

Last edited by Bleedin_Green36 on Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bleedin_Green36

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After watching James Johnson's interview, I'm super excited for him this season. Dude was only 1 of 7 guys who averaged a steal and a block last season and he was a MMA fighter growing up. Hard-nosed defender that we are looking. There is going to be some serious competition for playing time this season.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Tyreke Evans looks smooth and effortless from three.

https://twitter.com/James_Ham/status/253210388823437312

Cool Cool Cool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 60, 61, 62  Next
Page 29 of 62

Jump to: