Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Post your mock/Mock CNC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The-Beast wrote:
We have something like 25-30million coming off the books, if we make the cuts we should make. That's with Jackson's long term contract already included.

The one good thing about having no pass rush and a terrible corner coming off his rookie contract is that we have a very cheap to maintain defense. We have like 12 million in aging or useless or both linebackers (Cooper, Spikes, Diggs, Laboy, English)

Desean Jackson is on pace for 1000 yards despite having a carousel of QB's throwing to him and being extremely unhappy to be there.

His attitude is [inappropriate/removed] poor. He does what he wants. People complain about stupid players, he's the poster child.

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
The-Beast

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can say he's a dumb person but you can't say he doesn't make an offense better. The entire eagles offense is predicated on him driving the safeties back.

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The-Beast wrote:
Can say he's a dumb person but you can't say he doesn't make an offense better. The entire eagles offense is predicated on him driving the safeties back.

My worry would be him and VJ coexisting. Both will want big money to be a #1, both have the personality to match. Would there really be enough receptions to keep two guys like that happy?

"I am a leaf on the wind... Watch how I soar"
The-Beast

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
My worry would be him and VJ coexisting. Both will want big money to be a #1, both have the personality to match. Would there really be enough receptions to keep two guys like that happy?
With Gates and Floyd being inactive so much, and Crayton seemingly doing nothing Jackson is 1 target per game over his previous 2 thousand yard seasons.

Floyd was on pace for 80 targets this year, and had 80 targets in 09 while taking over #2 midseason.

There's around 200 targets being split between our #1 and #2 oddly enough considering how many people go down on the record books. Desean averages 110 targets.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The-Beast wrote:

Honestly, we don't need more deep threats. We need a speedy slot guy, like Wright. We don't need another deep threat even if this one is all speed.

Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
The-Beast

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
Honestly, we don't need more deep threats. We need a speedy slot guy, like Wright. We don't need another deep threat even if this one is all speed.
We don't need more deep threats? We don't have a deep threat, we have someone who beats one on one coverage, the CB stays stride for stride with VJ. A deep threat is someone who forces the open field beyond the CB to be defended.

I know it sounds ridiculous

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The-Beast wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
We don't need more deep threats? We don't have a deep threat, we have someone who beats one on one coverage, the CB stays stride for stride with VJ. A deep threat is someone who forces the open field beyond the CB to be defended.

I know it sounds ridiculous

Yah, although i'd LOVE to get D Jax, its just not gonna happen. Even if he is a jerk and is Egotistical as all hell, he's got insane amounts of talent, and if he's happy, he plays hard.

He'd be an ideal fit, but i dont see it happening.

I really want Joe Adams from Arkansas. The more I see of him, the more i see him making a Mike Wallace like impact from the steelers. He's got that type of speed. I'd be happy if we could fill one or two of our needs in FA's though. That would help us out a LOT.

I'm still PRAYING that we can somehow pick up Carl Nicks and take that off our need list, if in fact Dielman is seriously done. But that probably wont happen. Meachem would also be great as a 2nd WR with a LOT of speed.

Rammy da best sigmaker of all time!

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome
Stone85

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
Pretty sure Good doesn't even start for Oklahoma

and hell no to DJax.

They miss-use the hell out of him but he starts at RG last I saw.

I'll be pissed if we get desean. Jackson, Meachem/Floyd, and Brown is solid. We need backups though. Taking Rivers's targets away is never a good idea and I really don't even want to lose Floyd. Don't really want anyone at #2 outside of Meachem or Floyd

Made by El ramster
MaddHatter wrote:
Incidental contact? His blind are you?
Zappaz

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stone85 wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
Pretty sure Good doesn't even start for Oklahoma

and hell no to DJax.

They miss-use the hell out of him but he starts at RG last I saw.

I'll be pissed if we get desean. Jackson, Meachem/Floyd, and Brown is solid. We need backups though. Taking Rivers's targets away is never a good idea and I really don't even want to lose Floyd. Don't really want anyone at #2 outside of Meachem or Floyd

I really like M80, when he is on the field he makes plays. But there is the problem, he is always hurt and never on the field. I think we need to find a solid #2 WR to pair with Vjax who I hope we can finally sign long term. I do like what I have seen from Brown so far, hopefully he continues to progress under Joiner.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more I think about it, the more switching to a 4-3 seems like a good idea. Btw kind of got this idea from walterfootball. Check it out:

Pick 13: Quinton Coples, 43LE, North Carolina (If he's on the clock then we should make the switch to a 4-3. Very solid player and our front 7 sucks and we have no reason to stick with a 34. Our defensive ends would be Shaun Philips and Quinton Coples, and our defensive tackles would be Garay, Liuget, Cam Thomas, and Martin. Butler would play OLB and our next pick would play the other side. Mouton, Spikes, and a decent free agent play middle linebacker)

Round 2, Pick 13: Lavonte David, 43OLB, Nebraska (Now it just looks like im jocking wf.com but im not. David would be by far the best 43OLB available and this would be a huge need for us)

Round 3, Pick 13: Audie Cole, ILB, NC State (And our masterpiece defense is finished. Love this dude. Cole and Mouton will be a great duo, with Spikes in to mentor for this year)

Round 4, Pick 13: Omar Bolden, CB, Arizona State (1st round talent player who's been out with some knee injuries. Great value. If we find him to be too injury prone then I'll take Trevin Wade or Cameron Chism; both corners)

Round 5, Pick 13: Rhett Ellison, TE, USC (Great TE prospect. Started over Jordan Cameron. If we leave him on the bench for 2-3 years behind Gates he should be a good contributer)

Round 6, Pick 13: Dan Hoch, RT, Missouri (Very talented, yet underrated RT prospect who's played really good this year against good opponents. Will back up McNeill who I doubt retires. Gaither starts on other end)

Round 7, Pick 13: Janzen Jackson, SS, McNeese State (A safety with good talent who kept failing drug tests. In the 7th round you take chances like this)

Sign: Carl Nicks RG, Robert Meachem WR

This would kick [inappropriate/removed].

Made by El ramster
MaddHatter wrote:
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So we pick up a LE, a small WLB, and ILB when we already have one of the best young ILBs in the game in Butler? THis is why no one reads Walterfootball.

#JDI
Stone85

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
So we pick up a LE, a small WLB, and ILB when we already have one of the best young ILBs in the game in Butler? THis is why no one reads Walterfootball.

Someone didnt read the post.

Butler would slide over to OLB, David starts opposite, and our ILBs would be Spikes, Mouton, and Cole. And Cole has nothing to do with wf.

We would have so much young talent it would be ridiculous. Liuget, Martin, Coples, Butler, David, Cole, Gilchrist, Mouton, and Barnes... You can't hate on that. Plus with a new TE in there, along with one of the best guards in the game and Robert Meachem coming in to compete with Brown, we'd have one of the best young teams in the game.

Made by El ramster
MaddHatter wrote:

Last edited by Stone85 on Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:09 am; edited 1 time in total
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stone85 wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:

Someone didnt read the post.

Butler would slide over to OLB, David starts opposite, and our ILBs would be Spikes, Mouton, and Cole. And Cole has nothing to do with wf.

That's a TERRIBLE idea. Why would you ever, EVER move Butler?

Mouton played OLB in college. He can cover like a safety, but we want him as an ILB? What?

#JDI
Stone85

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Butler and Philips are pretty much the only good 3-4 guys we have. Yeah he might not be as good at OLB, but teams switch schemes all the time. Look at Mario Williams.

And besides, this was done for entertainment purposes with barely any realism behind it.

V2:

1: Quinton Coples
2: Lavonte David (OLB starter)
3: Danny Trevathan/Sean Spence (Either would split time with Mouton at OLB, with Butler and Spikes still playing ILB)

And Jammer, we drafted Mouton to play ILB... remember, we didnt draft an olb?...

Made by El ramster
MaddHatter wrote:
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stone85 wrote:
Butler and Philips are pretty much the only good 3-4 guys we have. Yeah he might not be as good at OLB, but teams switch schemes all the time. Look at Mario Williams.

And besides, this was done for entertainment purposes with barely any realism behind it.

V2:

1: Quinton Coples
2: Lavonte David (OLB starter)
3: Danny Trevathan/Sean Spence (Either would split time with Mouton at OLB, with Butler and Spikes still playing ILB)

And Jammer, we drafted Mouton to play ILB... remember, we didnt draft an olb?...

What? Mouton would play OLB in a 4-3.

#JDI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: