Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Best Case Scenario/Worst Case Scenario...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thestonedkoala

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 7:56 pm    Post subject: Best Case Scenario/Worst Case Scenario... Reply with quote

We all know that McCombs will not spend one more dollar over the cap floor because frankly he doesn't want this team and he's selling it off. It's also not his style to bring in a lot of glitzy free agents. I have not heard one thing about when the sale is suppose to be finished and if it is actually going to go through 100%.

First off, free agents...

Plaxio Burress will be one of the most sought after wide receivers. The worst case scenario is if a bunch of teams tab him and Minnesota gets into a bidding war for him. The best case is no one wants him and Minnesota can pick him up relatively cheap.

I think this will be the scenario for all THREE WRs, now that Coles looks like he is off the market. Mason and Muhammed are going to be sought after and I really think that Minnesota might lose out if there is a bidding war that happens.

Law is going to much sought after. He has leadership and is still pretty damn good. I don't think Minnesota will pick him up simply because Law is going to be one of the big free agents and it's not really McCombs style.

I think he'll bring in a player of Winfield's status. A really good player, but not top 10-15...

The best case scenario for Minnesota in the draft is to draft a WR because we cannot simply wait for maybe Burress, maybe Mason. You know what? I rather see Burress, Williams/Edwards, and Burleson then Burleson, Robinson...whoever...

But that's just me...

I don't see McCombs really going out and seeking huge free agents just because we have the cap. We had the cap last year and only brought in one good player because we needed it.
T0wer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hrmm It looks like were just talking FA stuff in this one...

I think that the Vikes will go out and get 1 marquee player. I am thinking more on the defensive side of the ball than the offensive. Only because its starting to shape up like there is alot more LB's DB's etc out there then there are WR's. We got our pick of the litter last year with winfield, lets hope we can do something similar this year. (assuming the same guy is in operations running this stuff, which I think is the case)

Then We always get a few randoms to fill in some spots. Robinson, and DT martin. Others but I don't remember.

Best case scenario, we end up with Coles or Burress, maybe Mason but I am not sure if he is a #1 receiver....... Doesn't sound like Coles will be going to anyone but the Jets at this point, and Buress will be highly sought after. In either case they will take less pay (base) than moss did.

Worst case scenario. We go out searching, we go NO marquee player on offense or defense. And we end up wanting/having to draft a WR and both williams and edwards are gone by #7. I would be scratching my head by this point. Embarassed All that work all those trades all that cap room for what again???
VIKEMAN

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If both WR's do well in their workouts I agree both could go before we go at 7 th. Theres so much up in the air right now? New owner possible , big trade looks like its a done deal? But , This draft is also a genuine crap shoot... I just hope we actually use the #7 pick and not lose it on some money saving deal..... Rolling Eyes
UtBDan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope both WRs are gone by #7, I don't want them to draft a WR... I want them to draft Johnson.

Picture the Vikings with a Ray Lewis calibur linebacker, and you have yourselves a winning team. That is Johnson, and whether we are almost set at linebacker or not I will be pissed off and ready to kill Tice if Johnson is availible there, and he passes.
Vikings fan.
TrueRedskin05

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

idk edwards and williams 1 or the other will be available at 7 since now chicago got muhsin and they will probably go with benson or ronnie brown since they need a RB and maybe even williams and edwards will still be there at 7 and washington would take the 1 that is left i think edwards is a little better he used to drop balls but hes stopped doing that he is faster than mike mike runs 4.58s 4.6s almost like tight ends i would take edwards he played last year and he would be better off the bat williams is probably a little rusty but no one knows yet till it happens
mighty baron

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best case scenario is we dont trade moss, and just worry about defense.
We trade Bennet to raiders for the 7th overall pick, and draft the Johnson(lb)
and then with the 18th overall pick we take Davis if left still or one of the better d-linemen. We dont need to draft CB's cause we should be able to pick up and least one good one in FA.

Or we trade Moss, and get Harris WOW big deal...we have to get a WR in FA, and then still draft those players, and we have to get rid of one of the RB's for most likely a CB.

We must get a Safety, Cb...and then draft Johnson(lb), and a linemen..... and a KICKER
TrueRedskin05

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the raider whould never give the 7th pick away for bennet they gave the 7th pick to u guys because it was for moss and they needed a reciver
mighty baron

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yah i kinda of figure they wouldnt.....but theres no point of getting rid of moss to only have to use the oick for a WR
TrueRedskin05

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea i know his attitude wasnt that bad and he is probably a better reciver than any recivers that are in the draft wright now and they lost alot of talent for just napolean hariis
UtBDan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it wasn't just for Napoleon Harris... it was PRIMARILY for the first round pick. If they get the player at the top of their boards (who I believe is Johnson), they WILL be a Super Bowl calibur team next year.
Vikings fan.
mighty baron

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yah the only good thing that will come out of the 7th pick is if they got johnson.....but if they draft WR then they might as well of kept Moss, cause the guy the get will not be as good as Moss.
TrueRedskin05

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

now since all these RBs are doing good i could see DJ slipping to 7
UtBDan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ I think it all depends on the Bears... they got a WR, so what are they gonna draft now? I hope they draft a corner... or atleast something besides Johnson obviously lol. 3 Pro bowl linebackers... god that'd be so bad for us. Sad
Vikings fan.
GW57

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bears might just go for a WR. Their D is improved, Terrellís a bust, they need a WR for the future, and they know the Vikes would consider a WR.

IMHO, the Vikes should sign a top FA WR, then hope Derrick Johnson is there at #7. They can a find another WR in the 3rd or 4th round to replace Campbell, who I believe Tice is done with. Nice timing, Kelly.

They canít rely on a rookie WR to pick up the slack in '05. Way too risky.
BigRich3113

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Derrick johnson would be a dream....but i still am quite sure the browns will draft him because they won't take Alex Smith and they will then go on the defensive side of the ball

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: