Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Robert Griffin III is the QB I want to draft.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
lavar703


Joined: 12 Jan 2009
Posts: 5449
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WalterRedskins wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
Sometimes people over-think things and I really feel like that's what is going on with Griffin. All you have to do is watch the kid play and you will see what Parrot and I are seeing. He has the "IT" factor, he has that one thing that no matter how much time you spend under center or in a film room it just can't be taught. He's an amazing talent with the ability to put the ball anywhere on the field with incredible accuracy and his poise in the pocket is outstanding. I'm not concerned about arguing the reasons why I think he is a better fit than Barkley or Jones I'm just giving my opinion of a player that I have watched quite a bit.


He's like a mini-Vince Young. I don't hate him, I won't be mad if we take him but IMO he's not an elite prospect. We've watched him so just because we don't have the same view point as you doesn't mean we're uneducated. I know you're stating your opinion but If you didn't know, it's okay to have differing opinions. . .


I never questioned your level of intelligence nor do I think it's wrong to have differing opinions.

Other than the fact both players happen to be black what do Young and Griffin have in common? Young has an akward throwing motion and displayed terrible mechanics when he entered the league, RGIII already has pro-level mechanics. While Young would look at his main-read and sometimes go to his second he would almost certainly take-off running at the slightest sign of pressure while RGIII seems to avoid pressure and keep his eyes down the field giving his receivers a chance to make a play. Only one time did Vince Young finish with over 60% completions and Griffin has done that every year although I'll admit one year he was injured early on. There is no comparison between these two players and like I said before the only thing they have in common is the color of there skin. If you were to compare RGIII to another player I think his play resembles Steve Young the most but again that is my opinion.
_________________
RIP Sean Taylor "Forever a Redskin"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ripsean21


Joined: 20 Mar 2009
Posts: 977
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
WalterRedskins wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
Sometimes people over-think things and I really feel like that's what is going on with Griffin. All you have to do is watch the kid play and you will see what Parrot and I are seeing. He has the "IT" factor, he has that one thing that no matter how much time you spend under center or in a film room it just can't be taught. He's an amazing talent with the ability to put the ball anywhere on the field with incredible accuracy and his poise in the pocket is outstanding. I'm not concerned about arguing the reasons why I think he is a better fit than Barkley or Jones I'm just giving my opinion of a player that I have watched quite a bit.


He's like a mini-Vince Young. I don't hate him, I won't be mad if we take him but IMO he's not an elite prospect. We've watched him so just because we don't have the same view point as you doesn't mean we're uneducated. I know you're stating your opinion but If you didn't know, it's okay to have differing opinions. . .


I never questioned your level of intelligence nor do I think it's wrong to have differing opinions.

Other than the fact both players happen to be black what do Young and Griffin have in common? Young has an akward throwing motion and displayed terrible mechanics when he entered the league, RGIII already has pro-level mechanics. While Young would look at his main-read and sometimes go to his second he would almost certainly take-off running at the slightest sign of pressure while RGIII seems to avoid pressure and keep his eyes down the field giving his receivers a chance to make a play. Only one tiid Vince Young finish with over 60% completions and Griffin has done that every year although I'll admit one year he was injured early on. There is no comparison between these two players and like I said before the only thing they have in common is the color of there skin. If you were to compare RGIII to another player I think his play resembles Steve Young the most but again that is my opinion.


I think there is such a difference in opionion when every1 talks about this guy because there has never been a QB in the league with his skill set so its hard to say how he translates to the pros. That said his character and work ethic is everything you want from a franchise QB. He is probablly one of the smartest people playing in college this year. Personally if I was to compare him to a player it couldnt be just 1 since there has never been any QB with his skillset if you ask me. If I compare him id have to say he is a cross between Vick and honestly a young Elway. He just has speacial skill and I see him being succsessful. The question isnt that is he a franchise Qb the question is does he come out this year. If he does top 10 pick and he is a top 10 pick because he os a top 10 talent.
_________________

Thanks Mike23md for the sig!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RSkinGM


Joined: 06 Mar 2007
Posts: 3648
Location: Richmond, Va
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
I agree E, you can't just throw him to the wolves immediately. I would like to see the team go after Shaun Hill who seems to play well every time he's given an opportunity plus I think he did a good job with mentoring Stafford.


I've been trying to think of a back-up that might be good. Didn't think of him but agree with your thought here .. and at 31 , has some years left.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Woz


Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 19390
Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrdriii wrote:
I'm tired of all the arguments against RGIII. Mostly these come from the same guys who argued against Cam, who just happens to be having a record setting rookie season. RGIII is a smart, winner with a great arm and incredible athleticism; I'm sure he'll be able to learn the footwork for being under center if he doesn't already know it. On a team other than Baylor he would have already been awarded the Heisman. He is the reason they're ranked. Let's not not give this man his proper respect. If someone like Barkley is considered a fit for our team how can RGIII not be? Better athlete better arm smarter same size. Imagine what he would do if surrounded by NFL talent. I started the Cam bandwagon last year and was right, so this year I'm starting the RGIII bandwagon and I bet I'm right again.


I'd be hesitant to say you were right on Cam. So far, he's had a really good rookie campaign ... which hasn't amounted to much in the end tally. He has resurrected Steve Smith, but he's neutralized the running backs they have.

I want to see what Cam does over the long run.

As for why I don't like these dual-threat QBs, it's two-fold:
1. Mastery of a skill is hard. To be one of the 32 best people on the planet to throw a football with pinpoint accuracy while 250-300 pound men want to crush your body is an incredible skill. You need to refine that constantly. If you are used to bailing out and running because you're faster than nearly everyone on the field, you dull your skill slightly.

It's what e16 said: it lowers your ceiling for a dual-threat QB to play early. Unfortunately, because of the nature of the game and the draft pick, they'll almost have to start early (especially if your team picks in the Top 5). As a result, the instinct hinders the QBs growth.

I don't want a statue in the backfield. I also don't want a guy who goes one mississippi, two mississippi, three and runs. I'm not saying that Cam and Griffin do that, but Cam is seeming to fall into that tendency because it worked for him at Auburn.

2. If you scramble, you're more likely to get hit. Ben Roethlisberger takes multiple hits per game, probably more than he should, because he can scramble. Same with Vick. They're banged up. If you get rid of the ball quickly and accurately, you'll have a longer career.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bowilson11


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 108
Location: Germany
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
bowilson11 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
PARROTHEAD wrote:
People can knock OUs D.
But they had a NC game bid on the line. Its their playoff game, Under the lights, national audience.
Think of the long great history of OU. And all RGIII did was put more yards on them than anyone in their history. 616 total. 479passing.

He played at a pro level. And when the pressure of a tight game was on, he really came alive.
The OU D blows! Their middle linebacker committed suicide in the off season, his back up has been in and out of the line up with injury all year, their secondary is the worse secondary i've ever seen at OU and IMO their DL outside of Lewis blows as well and he just sprained his MCL vs Baylor last game. Compared to where OU's D usually is on teams that compete for national championships, this group blows. It's amazing Landry Jones and company without a running game have kept this team in contention for a national championship. I wonder how different the game would have been if Ryan Broyles the NCAA leader for receptions in a career and their punt returner played also. Shocked
Last time I checked neither one of those players were in OU's secondary. So, they couldn't have helped defend not one pass Turtle. True, they may have lost if those players were available but RG III would have still put up those numbers. Plus, he had two long passes called back on penalties. Can you say 600 yds passing? PLEASE, I know he's not the safe pick that Luck and Barkley are, but Barkley has limited mobility just like Jones. Luck is a Athlete, I give you that, but we won't be drafting #1 so let move on pass that guy and focus on the ones that will be available for us to draft.
He has great #s, but Griffin does not translate into our offensive scheme as well as Luck and Barkley do. Barkley and Jone's aren't that limited mobily, they can move around the pocket (I mean they aren't track athletes) but you don't need to be a track athlete to play QB in the NFL. Luck and Barkley are ahead of Griffin in every key area that you need to have in an NFL QB. I'd be pretty upset if we passed on either Luck or Barkley for a project like Griffin. Pretty upset. I know we aren't going to be drafting #1, but I believe we can trade up into that spot, if need be and take Luck. I don't see us picking any worse than #3 in the NFL draft and the team that is picking #2 is going to be taking a WR or OT.
Turtle, what's the deal with trading up to get Luck? Why must we always go for the BIG NAME player instead of re-building and developing our own talent. We have other needs that should be addressed other than QB, but you are willing to mortage that to get one player. I totally disagree. Every QB that's successful in the NFL right now wasn't a Top-5 pick. As for Barkley, I'm not seeing the mass improvement over three years like that of RG III. Plus, as stated earlier USC has much more NFL talent than Baylor and I don't think the PAC-10 is a dominate conference. Why do you think Oklahoma toyed with going to the PAC-10 rather than the SEC or Big-10. You don't have to give RG III his due, but when his taking his team to the playoffs and beyond in three or four years don't post that we should have drafted him. The protypical pocket QBs are rare these days. A QB has to be able to move around and throw on the run with accuracy. I see that in RG III, but not so much in Barkley or Jones.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bowilson11


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 108
Location: Germany
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
mrdriii wrote:
I'm tired of all the arguments against RGIII. Mostly these come from the same guys who argued against Cam, who just happens to be having a record setting rookie season. RGIII is a smart, winner with a great arm and incredible athleticism; I'm sure he'll be able to learn the footwork for being under center if he doesn't already know it. On a team other than Baylor he would have already been awarded the Heisman. He is the reason they're ranked. Let's not not give this man his proper respect. If someone like Barkley is considered a fit for our team how can RGIII not be? Better athlete better arm smarter same size. Imagine what he would do if surrounded by NFL talent. I started the Cam bandwagon last year and was right, so this year I'm starting the RGIII bandwagon and I bet I'm right again.

Turtle we usually agree but I don't understand this virtual hatred of RGIII how can you possibly think Barkley is better? I too like RGIII better than Luck. We'll see who ends up better
I don't hate RGIII, I just don't think he's as good of a prospect as Luck or Barkley. He's my # 3 qb off the board right now, he won't go lower than #15 in my eyes, so I really don't see how that is hating on him?

Facts are facts man, and the facts are that RGIII has a lot of work to do till he's as ready to play in the NFL. Guys like Luck and Barkley are polished NFL prospects, who have been coached in NFL schemes, and played for NFL coaches for most (in Lucks case) or all of their Careers in Barkley's case. Last year's draft was different, in last year's draft we didn't have guys like Luck and Barkley who are ready to step into an NFL offense day one and lead it like a veteran.
You mentioned that RG III has a LOT of work to do to get ready for the NFL. Where are you getting your information or are you get making assumptions? The scouting reports I've read say otherwise. Yes, he needs work on pre-snaps reads and play calling, but that's not a lot of work. Most college QBs need these instructions upon arrival to the NFL because of the multiple defenses they face and because the play calling is more complicated. RG III is a very intelligent guy. He will graduate from Baylor in three years. So, can we please stop the blanket statements like "he needs a lot of work" and be more definitive (with specifics). If you have rebuttal to the scouting reports out there right now, just say in your personal opinion and I can accept that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bowilson11


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 108
Location: Germany
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PARROTHEAD wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
bowilson11 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
PARROTHEAD wrote:
People can knock OUs D.
But they had a NC game bid on the line. Its their playoff game, Under the lights, national audience.
Think of the long great history of OU. And all RGIII did was put more yards on them than anyone in their history. 616 total. 479passing.

He played at a pro level. And when the pressure of a tight game was on, he really came alive.
The OU D blows! Their middle linebacker committed suicide in the off season, his back up has been in and out of the line up with injury all year, their secondary is the worse secondary i've ever seen at OU and IMO their DL outside of Lewis blows as well and he just sprained his MCL vs Baylor last game. Compared to where OU's D usually is on teams that compete for national championships, this group blows. It's amazing Landry Jones and company without a running game have kept this team in contention for a national championship. I wonder how different the game would have been if Ryan Broyles the NCAA leader for receptions in a career and their punt returner played also. Shocked
Last time I checked neither one of those players were in OU's secondary. So, they couldn't have helped defend not one pass Turtle. True, they may have lost if those players were available but RG III would have still put up those numbers. Plus, he had two long passes called back on penalties. Can you say 600 yds passing? PLEASE, I know he's not the safe pick that Luck and Barkley are, but Barkley has limited mobility just like Jones. Luck is a Athlete, I give you that, but we won't be drafting #1 so let move on pass that guy and focus on the ones that will be available for us to draft.
He has great #s, but Griffin does not translate into our offensive scheme as well as Luck and Barkley do. Barkley and Jone's aren't that limited mobily, they can move around the pocket (I mean they aren't track athletes) but you don't need to be a track athlete to play QB in the NFL. Luck and Barkley are ahead of Griffin in every key area that you need to have in an NFL QB. I'd be pretty upset if we passed on either Luck or Barkley for a project like Griffin. Pretty upset. I know we aren't going to be drafting #1, but I believe we can trade up into that spot, if need be and take Luck. I don't see us picking any worse than #3 in the NFL draft and the team that is picking #2 is going to be taking a WR or OT.


Tried out 3qbs and none have been able to fit this offensive scheme yet.
I think RGIII fits perfect to it. And if not, you fit the system to better fit him. Like Carolina using Gus Malzans plays for Cam.

I think RG is all overtop a stationary guy like Barkley. Barkley will start and be a decent player. But I doubt hes any much more successful than Flacco or Sanchez in the long run.
I give you a stand ovation. Well said.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bowilson11


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 108
Location: Germany
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ripsean21 wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
WalterRedskins wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
Sometimes people over-think things and I really feel like that's what is going on with Griffin. All you have to do is watch the kid play and you will see what Parrot and I are seeing. He has the "IT" factor, he has that one thing that no matter how much time you spend under center or in a film room it just can't be taught. He's an amazing talent with the ability to put the ball anywhere on the field with incredible accuracy and his poise in the pocket is outstanding. I'm not concerned about arguing the reasons why I think he is a better fit than Barkley or Jones I'm just giving my opinion of a player that I have watched quite a bit.


He's like a mini-Vince Young. I don't hate him, I won't be mad if we take him but IMO he's not an elite prospect. We've watched him so just because we don't have the same view point as you doesn't mean we're uneducated. I know you're stating your opinion but If you didn't know, it's okay to have differing opinions. . .


I never questioned your level of intelligence nor do I think it's wrong to have differing opinions.

Other than the fact both players happen to be black what do Young and Griffin have in common? Young has an akward throwing motion and displayed terrible mechanics when he entered the league, RGIII already has pro-level mechanics. While Young would look at his main-read and sometimes go to his second he would almost certainly take-off running at the slightest sign of pressure while RGIII seems to avoid pressure and keep his eyes down the field giving his receivers a chance to make a play. Only one tiid Vince Young finish with over 60% completions and Griffin has done that every year although I'll admit one year he was injured early on. There is no comparison between these two players and like I said before the only thing they have in common is the color of there skin. If you were to compare RGIII to another player I think his play resembles Steve Young the most but again that is my opinion.


I think there is such a difference in opionion when every1 talks about this guy because there has never been a QB in the league with his skill set so its hard to say how he translates to the pros. That said his character and work ethic is everything you want from a franchise QB. He is probablly one of the smartest people playing in college this year. Personally if I was to compare him to a player it couldnt be just 1 since there has never been any QB with his skillset if you ask me. If I compare him id have to say he is a cross between Vick and honestly a young Elway. He just has speacial skill and I see him being succsessful. The question isnt that is he a franchise Qb the question is does he come out this year. If he does top 10 pick and he is a top 10 pick because he os a top 10 talent.
I think his skills translate into those of Randall Cunningham. My issue is with those who say RG III isn't NFL ready but they don't supply any scouting reports to back up what they are saying. It's mostly personal opinion and the last time I checked none of us are being paid to scout talent for NFL teams. I'm basing my opinion on scouting reports and what I've seen with my own eyes over his career. I like Luck, Jones, Barkley and RG III. They all bring something special to the table, but RG III has the dynamics needed to be an elite QB and compete in the NFC East where pass rushing is definitely at a high premium.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mrdriii


Joined: 11 Feb 2005
Posts: 713
Location: NY
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plus my sons name is Griffin, so a new jersey is a natural. He is not a run first QB, always has his eyes up, he's still throwing for better than 70% even though he's not a dink and dunker and he's super mobile and smart but somehow that doesn't translate to Shanahan's offense? C'mon man! Additionally, it's not Cam who has limited Carolina's running game it's the staff. If they would go based on effectiveness instead of contract #'s Stewart would be starting and getting 20 carries a game.
_________________

Thanx Mike23MD for the sig!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sassan11


Joined: 05 Aug 2010
Posts: 1212
Location: DMV
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bowilson11 wrote:
ripsean21 wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
WalterRedskins wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
Sometimes people over-think things and I really feel like that's what is going on with Griffin. All you have to do is watch the kid play and you will see what Parrot and I are seeing. He has the "IT" factor, he has that one thing that no matter how much time you spend under center or in a film room it just can't be taught. He's an amazing talent with the ability to put the ball anywhere on the field with incredible accuracy and his poise in the pocket is outstanding. I'm not concerned about arguing the reasons why I think he is a better fit than Barkley or Jones I'm just giving my opinion of a player that I have watched quite a bit.


He's like a mini-Vince Young. I don't hate him, I won't be mad if we take him but IMO he's not an elite prospect. We've watched him so just because we don't have the same view point as you doesn't mean we're uneducated. I know you're stating your opinion but If you didn't know, it's okay to have differing opinions. . .


I never questioned your level of intelligence nor do I think it's wrong to have differing opinions.

Other than the fact both players happen to be black what do Young and Griffin have in common? Young has an akward throwing motion and displayed terrible mechanics when he entered the league, RGIII already has pro-level mechanics. While Young would look at his main-read and sometimes go to his second he would almost certainly take-off running at the slightest sign of pressure while RGIII seems to avoid pressure and keep his eyes down the field giving his receivers a chance to make a play. Only one tiid Vince Young finish with over 60% completions and Griffin has done that every year although I'll admit one year he was injured early on. There is no comparison between these two players and like I said before the only thing they have in common is the color of there skin. If you were to compare RGIII to another player I think his play resembles Steve Young the most but again that is my opinion.


I think there is such a difference in opionion when every1 talks about this guy because there has never been a QB in the league with his skill set so its hard to say how he translates to the pros. That said his character and work ethic is everything you want from a franchise QB. He is probablly one of the smartest people playing in college this year. Personally if I was to compare him to a player it couldnt be just 1 since there has never been any QB with his skillset if you ask me. If I compare him id have to say he is a cross between Vick and honestly a young Elway. He just has speacial skill and I see him being succsessful. The question isnt that is he a franchise Qb the question is does he come out this year. If he does top 10 pick and he is a top 10 pick because he os a top 10 talent.
I think his skills translate into those of Randall Cunningham. My issue is with those who say RG III isn't NFL ready but they don't supply any scouting reports to back up what they are saying. It's mostly personal opinion and the last time I checked none of us are being paid to scout talent for NFL teams. I'm basing my opinion on scouting reports and what I've seen with my own eyes over his career. I like Luck, Jones, Barkley and RG III. They all bring something special to the table, but RG III has the dynamics needed to be an elite QB and compete in the NFC East where pass rushing is definitely at a high premium.


Your putting to much stock in scouting reports. Those are the scouts opinions. They watch the same games we do and make their opinion. Just because they are scouts doesn't mean they know that they were doing. Yes there are some good ones but there are also bad ones. Mel Kiper gets paid and he loved Clausen how did that work out. Vinny Cerato and Matt Millen were paid GM's and they didn't have a clue. The point i'm making is just because your paid as a scout/GM/Draft Analysis doesn't make you better or more knowledgeable it just means they get paid to form opinions.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 62238
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ripsean21 wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
WalterRedskins wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
Sometimes people over-think things and I really feel like that's what is going on with Griffin. All you have to do is watch the kid play and you will see what Parrot and I are seeing. He has the "IT" factor, he has that one thing that no matter how much time you spend under center or in a film room it just can't be taught. He's an amazing talent with the ability to put the ball anywhere on the field with incredible accuracy and his poise in the pocket is outstanding. I'm not concerned about arguing the reasons why I think he is a better fit than Barkley or Jones I'm just giving my opinion of a player that I have watched quite a bit.
He's like a mini-Vince Young. I don't hate him, I won't be mad if we take him but IMO he's not an elite prospect. We've watched him so just because we don't have the same view point as you doesn't mean we're uneducated. I know you're stating your opinion but If you didn't know, it's okay to have differing opinions. . .


I never questioned your level of intelligence nor do I think it's wrong to have differing opinions.

Other than the fact both players happen to be black what do Young and Griffin have in common? Young has an akward throwing motion and displayed terrible mechanics when he entered the league, RGIII already has pro-level mechanics. While Young would look at his main-read and sometimes go to his second he would almost certainly take-off running at the slightest sign of pressure while RGIII seems to avoid pressure and keep his eyes down the field giving his receivers a chance to make a play. Only one tiid Vince Young finish with over 60% completions and Griffin has done that every year although I'll admit one year he was injured early on. There is no comparison between these two players and like I said before the only thing they have in common is the color of there skin. If you were to compare RGIII to another player I think his play resembles Steve Young the most but again that is my opinion.


I think there is such a difference in opionion when every1 talks about this guy because there has never been a QB in the league with his skill set so its hard to say how he translates to the pros. That said his character and work ethic is everything you want from a franchise QB. He is probablly one of the smartest people playing in college this year. Personally if I was to compare him to a player it couldnt be just 1 since there has never been any QB with his skillset if you ask me. If I compare him id have to say he is a cross between Vick and honestly a young Elway. He just has speacial skill and I see him being succsessful. The question isnt that is he a franchise Qb the question is does he come out this year. If he does top 10 pick and he is a top 10 pick because he os a top 10 talent.
I'm not so sure about the point that there havne't been guys with his skillset in the NFl. There are guys right now with his skillset in the NFL. Several I can think of off the top of my head are Cam Newton, Vince Young and Jake Locker.

He is a very smart guy and a hard worker. So is Andrew Luck though, people forget that Andrew Luck already has his degree from Stanford in architectural design. (a better school than Baylor) and his major is harder than Political Science (which Griffin has majored in) and this is coming from a guy who majored in Political Science, the degree is not that hard to obtain compared to architecture or engineering.

I think his game is a lot like Vince Young's but he has more intelligence than him. He really has a lot to work on, if you watch his mechanics he needs work with footwork and he doesn't anticpate throws. I've heard he has a little bit of Jimmy Calusen in him where he really gets on his teammates when they mess up and some question his leadership in that area. I can't quite see him being as bad as Clausen, but it's a concern some have raised. Scouts seem to think he will be a good pro, as do I, but I haven't seen many say or believe he's a qb who's going to be a franchise qb, which is what all scouts think of Luck and Barkley and both have shown they have the potential to be franchise qb's since they stepped foot on to their campuses at Stanford and USC. I know Griffin has immense talent, intelligence, work ethic and potential but I just don't see how you put him above Luck and Barkley when he has some question marks about him and Luck and Barkley really don't.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
Preseason 6; Final Cuts 29; Reg Season 37
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 62238
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is an article I just read from Matt Miller of the Bleacher Report where he disected the top 5 QBs and talked about their negatives. It was an interesting read, and he had video evidence to back up his points. It is good to actuall see the negatives infront of you and have them explained.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/933540-tale-of-the-tape-scouting-the-top-5-quarterbacks-of-the-2012-nfl-draft
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
Preseason 6; Final Cuts 29; Reg Season 37
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
DarrellGreen28


Joined: 16 Jan 2011
Posts: 454
Location: Rockville, MD
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No joke, I honestly want Griffin more than Luck right now. I've said this for a couple weeks now but he's got this "it" factor to him. He screams franchise qb while Luck seems sorta like Matt Ryan
_________________
RG3
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PARROTHEAD


Joined: 08 Mar 2009
Posts: 4392
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats the combined record of the teams Luck has faced.
Talk about a heap of joke defenses. And Lucks not even leading the nation in td passes or yards.
Couldnt even throw it around to well against Oregon. Even LSU qbs knew how to stomp on that D.
Luck just doesnt face anybody.

The basic summed up argument of whiners complaining about RGIII used for Luck. And it fits perfect.
_________________


Trinidad: Where you can play dodgeball, jump off a diving board, and call a team the Redskins without the Communist Left sayin otherwise.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 62238
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PARROTHEAD wrote:
Whats the combined record of the teams Luck has faced.
Talk about a heap of joke defenses. And Lucks not even leading the nation in td passes or yards.
Couldnt even throw it around to well against Oregon. Even LSU qbs knew how to stomp on that D.
Luck just doesnt face anybody.

The basic summed up argument of whiners complaining about RGIII used for Luck. And it fits perfect.
they both have faced poor defenses, so what's the point now? neither should be drafted in the top 5? Luck has zero wrs, we know this. Griffin has a 2nd round prospect on his team and another guy in Terrance Williams who could be drafted someday, he made the game winning grab vs OU. LSU faced Oregon in week 1, not week 10 of the season, everyone knows that is a total different team ten weeks later, especially on D where they had and have a lot of young players.

I love it! Absolutely love how people want to gang up on Luck just because he's the best and people just can't stand it. No one likes the front runner I get it, but the claims that Griffin and Tanehill are better than Luck are straight up laughable to me. Seriously, I go to bed evernight laughing at this notion.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
Preseason 6; Final Cuts 29; Reg Season 37
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group