Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Robert Griffin III is the QB I want to draft.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WalterRedskins

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read the first line and give you zero to no credibility. "Oklahoma has a top teir defense". I'm not so sure about that one... Look at the point totals they've given up this season. Laughing :FML:

I just don't think he'll translate to the NFL...

ADOPT-A-REDSKIN
Fred Davis: 24 Receptions, 325 Yards - IR
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WalterRedskins wrote:
I read the first line and give you zero to no credibility. "Oklahoma has a top teir defense". I'm not so sure about that one... Look at the point totals they've given up this season. Laughing :FML:

Oklahomas D had certainly had a down year. The offense constantly puts up 30 points a game but the D is very beat up and the secondary is the worst OU secondary I can ever remember. I still think Griffin is a good but not great prospect though. You should read the scouting reports on him I posted, specifically the first two. I thought they were good, well the 2nd one is the best IMO.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
TheOleBallCoach

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd take RG3.....in the second round.

Give me Tannehill over RG3 any day of the week.

AdoptASkin - Keiland Williams (Lions) - 57/195/2TD
Jeezy Fanatic

Location: The DMV; Proud Alumnus of the University of Miami, Class of 2011
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Despite Newton's success, I'm opposed to a mobile QB, especially one as small as RGIII. Everybody loves the mobile QB, but the fact of the matter is, how many have truly had success in the NFL? I just fear that he'll be an injury concern, and will have trouble adapting to a league where people can run with him. Furthermore, Big 12 defenses are traditionally poor and the spread automatically makes me wary of any QB. I know Andrew Luck and Matt Barkley can play in a pro-style offense, I have no idea if RGIII can.

Right now I like...

1a) Barkley
1b) Luck
3) Tyler Wilson
4) RGIII
5) Landry Jones

chauboy wrote:
Then there was 1 group of girls that were just standing against of wall, the group being hot, just texting. Just intimidating.
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezy Fanatic wrote:
Despite Newton's success, I'm opposed to a mobile QB, especially one as small as RGIII. Everybody loves the mobile QB, but the fact of the matter is, how many have truly had success in the NFL? I just fear that he'll be an injury concern, and will have trouble adapting to a league where people can run with him. Furthermore, Big 12 defenses are traditionally poor and the spread automatically makes me wary of any QB. I know Andrew Luck and Matt Barkley can play in a pro-style offense, I have no idea if RGIII can.

Right now I like...

1a) Barkley
1b) Luck
3) Tyler Wilson
4) RGIII
5) Landry Jones
Wow. Tyler Wilson that high? I put Wilson in the Tanehill category, there just isn't much there as far as starts and experience with him. If he comes out, I think he gets pushed down in the draft because of that. Next year, Wilson would be the top prospect in the Draft. This year, he's going to be late 1st or 2nd, I believe. I think he should come out, because you never know what will happen, but I don't think he will go ahead of RGIII because of his starts and just his overall talent. I don't see RG making past the teens, and most likely he won't get out of the top 10. Someone is going to take a chance on that talent, they always do. All it takes is one team to love him and think they can turn the talent and potential into greatness.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
lavar703

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheOleBallCoach wrote:

I'm sure you'd take Bartell and Tebow over RGIII as well. Tannehill has no business sniffing the first round.
lavar703

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WalterRedskins wrote:

Pinpoint accuracy and a strong arm do not translate well? What exactly has he done to make you feel like his game won't translate, I'm just curious?
Lilmac3

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, long time not see. Turtle linked my Hogs Haven piece on Griffin on the mobile site, so here's the full link.

http://www.hogshaven.com/2011/10/27/2517456/could-robert-griffin-iii-be-the-next-redskins-quarterback

I really like this kid too. But I also did a breakdown on Matt Barkley recently and he's going to be good as well. Either one of those two would be great for us.
PARROTHEAD

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People can knock OUs D.
But they had a NC game bid on the line. Its their playoff game, Under the lights, national audience.
Think of the long great history of OU. And all RGIII did was put more yards on them than anyone in their history. 616 total. 479passing.

He played at a pro level. And when the pressure of a tight game was on, he really came alive.

Trinidad: Where a man is born a man. Not a PC wimp.. HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
WalterRedskins wrote:

Pinpoint accuracy and a strong arm do not translate well? What exactly has he done to make you feel like his game won't translate, I'm just curious?
There are questions about the offense he plays in. In the offense he plays in there are multiple WRs out on every play and he gets to wait till they come open on a route, they don't have routes where a lot of anticipation on his throws are required, more often than not (just like Case Keenum) he is throwing to WRs who are wide open and rarely threading the needle into tight spaces like Luck and Barkley. There are also questions about his durability (and that's in the big 12... not known for stellar defensive play), he still needs work on his footwork and taking snaps from under center in a pro style offense (Luck and Barkley have been doing that their entire careers and making NFL reads in their offenses, Luck was and Barkley is coached by NFL caliber offensive coaches... Griffin is not), he will also have to work very hard at making NFL reads in an NFL offense. These are just some things, of course he can learn them, and I have no doubt with his intelligence and work ethic that he will get better at everything, but right now he's being projected top 10 mostly because of potential and upside the people see in him, he's not nearly as polished a passer and prospect at Luck and Griffin are in pro style offenses.

A lot of scouts see him as a good prospect but based off of what he's done or hasn't done in college and how much work he needs to be a solid NFL starter if he will ever develop into a franchise QB, and if he does, it most certainly won't be as soon as Luck and Barkley who are ahead of most qbs right now in their development towards being Franchise QB prospects for the NFL.

turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PARROTHEAD wrote:
People can knock OUs D.
But they had a NC game bid on the line. Its their playoff game, Under the lights, national audience.
Think of the long great history of OU. And all RGIII did was put more yards on them than anyone in their history. 616 total. 479passing.

He played at a pro level. And when the pressure of a tight game was on, he really came alive.
The OU D blows! Their middle linebacker committed suicide in the off season, his back up has been in and out of the line up with injury all year, their secondary is the worse secondary i've ever seen at OU and IMO their DL outside of Lewis blows as well and he just sprained his MCL vs Baylor last game. Compared to where OU's D usually is on teams that compete for national championships, this group blows. It's amazing Landry Jones and company without a running game have kept this team in contention for a national championship. I wonder how different the game would have been if Ryan Broyles the NCAA leader for receptions in a career and their punt returner played also. Shocked

lavar703

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes people over-think things and I really feel like that's what is going on with Griffin. All you have to do is watch the kid play and you will see what Parrot and I are seeing. He has the "IT" factor, he has that one thing that no matter how much time you spend under center or in a film room it just can't be taught. He's an amazing talent with the ability to put the ball anywhere on the field with incredible accuracy and his poise in the pocket is outstanding. I'm not concerned about arguing the reasons why I think he is a better fit than Barkley or Jones I'm just giving my opinion of a player that I have watched quite a bit.
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
Sometimes people over-think things and I really feel like that's what is going on with Griffin. All you have to do is watch the kid play and you will see what Parrot and I are seeing. He has the "IT" factor, he has that one thing that no matter how much time you spend under center or in a film room it just can't be taught. He's an amazing talent with the ability to put the ball anywhere on the field with incredible accuracy and his poise in the pocket is outstanding. I'm not concerned about arguing the reasons why I think he is a better fit than Barkley or Jones I'm just giving my opinion of a player that I have watched quite a bit.
Well I think Lucks every move is being micromanaged on the football field because he's been the consensus #1 pick for two seasons, so I guess is that way the feeling is mutual.

lavar703

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
Well I think Lucks every move is being micromanaged on the football field because he's been the consensus #1 pick for two seasons, so I guess is that way the feeling is mutual.

I no longer concern myself with Andrew Luck because we have no shot at drafting him. I pay most of my attention to Barkley, RGIII and Foles, three players I would be absolutely ecstatic about if we draft one.
TheOleBallCoach

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
TheOleBallCoach wrote:

I'm sure you'd take Bartell and Tebow over RGIII as well. Tannehill has no business sniffing the first round.

Trying to remember the last time you've responded to one of my posts without a load of snark, can't seem to remember one.

Tannehill's twice the prospect RG3 is.

AdoptASkin - Keiland Williams (Lions) - 57/195/2TD

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10

Jump to: