Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Robert Griffin III is the QB I want to draft.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarrellGreen28 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
DarrellGreen28 wrote:
Luck has some really good TEs and his OL is pure beef
1 te who might be a 3 rd round pick and last time I checked OL don't catch passes

Stanford is a running team. They run 60% of the time, dominate the other team with their run game, and use 3 TE sets through play action. Their OL plays to perfection
I know that and this is why Luck will never look the same passing in his teams offense as Griffin or Barkley, he's handicapped by their talent in the passing game. It's just the truth. Give him USC, OU, ok st, Texas A&M or Baylors offensive scheme and their wrs and he'd break every passing record out there. His wrs don't create separation though, not like these other teams offenses and wrs do. He has to anticipate throws, throw into tight windows and throw wrs open already and he calls his own plays.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steelers were going to win that game ripsean, but Carson hasn't been a bust but he did never live up to the hype. Leinart was stuck behind the second coming of Kurt Warner, Sanchez is still very, very young (24). I wish we had gotten Matt Leinart last offseason. Id rather see him than Rex honestly and he's younger.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ripsean21

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Steelers were going to win that game ripsean, but Carson hasn't been a bust but he did never live up to the hype. Leinart was stuck behind the second coming of Kurt Warner, Sanchez is still very, very young (24). I wish we had gotten Matt Leinart last offseason. Id rather see him than Rex honestly and he's younger.

Thats just your steelers roots saying that lol. Honestly that was the first time I ever felt Cincy would actually beat Pittsburg honestly. Remember Carson at that time was like A Rodgers goin into the playoffs last year. And Kitna still almost won that game! But Carson was and if healthy could maybe still be a top 10 just under Elite.

Thanks Mike23md for the sig!!!
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ripsean21 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Thats just your steelers roots saying that lol. Honestly that was the first time I ever felt Cincy would actually beat Pittsburg honestly. Remember Carson at that time was like A Rodgers goin into the playoffs last year. And Kitna still almost won that game! But Carson was and if healthy could maybe still be a top 10 just under Elite.

Just looking at your stat tracker,Barnes has 0 sacks this year according to espn.com
http://search.espn.go.com/kevin-barnes/

mike23md on the sig
Adopt A Redskin- Trent Murphy/OLB-1 Tackle
footy_29

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't going to add anything to this thread but I was forced to. Just to be clear, Matt Leinart blows.
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ripsean21 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

maybe, maybe not. I guess we will never know. Usually if Carson gets to the playoffs he chokes.

footy_29

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarrellGreen28 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
DarrellGreen28 wrote:
1 te who might be a 3 rd round pick and last time I checked OL don't catch passes

Stanford is a running team. They run 60% of the time, dominate the other team with their run game, and use 3 TE sets through play action. Their OL plays to perfection

Yeah, I agree with DG28. Don't get me wrong there are many reasons why Luck is considered highly by scouts and undoubtedly GMs, however he does have one of the best offensive lines in the country and the play-action passes out of TE heavy sets are extremely helpful for QB decision making. Offensive lineman may not catch passes but they certainly allow passes to be thrown and catches to be made.
DCRED

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

footy_29 wrote:
DarrellGreen28 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
DarrellGreen28 wrote:

Yeah, I agree with DG28. Don't get me wrong there are many reasons why Luck is considered highly by scouts and undoubtedly GMs, however he does have one of the best offensive lines in the country and the play-action passes out of TE heavy sets are extremely helpful for QB decision making. Offensive lineman may not catch passes but they certainly allow passes to be thrown and catches to be made.

Which is why I agree with RG3 for the Skins. Our Oline will not always allow that, and even the play-action is going to get CRUSHED sometimes until we get solid up front.

So a QB who is able to escape from a collapsed pocket (RG3) would seem to be a good fit for a team like ours.
I agree with Woz about a QB not running much but of these traits : Mechanics, Leadership, Decision-Making, Escapability (and making a play with his arm not feet) which skill would you rather wait on? Seems like he has the first 3 from what you guys say...
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

footy_29 wrote:
I wasn't going to add anything to this thread but I was forced to. Just to be clear, Matt Leinart blows.
he did in Az. I'm wondering what he's going to look like though in Houston. He could look a lot better there. I'm interested in seeing how he does the rest of the year.

turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
footy_29 wrote:
DarrellGreen28 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
DarrellGreen28 wrote:

Which is why I agree with RG3 for the Skins. Our Oline will not always allow that, and even the play-action is going to get CRUSHED sometimes until we get solid up front.

So a QB who is able to escape from a collapsed pocket (RG3) would seem to be a good fit for a team like ours.
I agree with Woz about a QB not running much but of these traits : Mechanics, Leadership, Decision-Making, Escapability (and making a play with his arm not feet) which skill would you rather wait on? Seems like he has the first 3 from what you guys say...
I think the first three areas are things he struggles in personally from what I've seen on highlights/lowlights, watching some games and reading about what scouts think about him. He can run though, no one can take that away from him.

bowilson11

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Ive actually provided more facts than anyone else and we hear things all the time on the radio and on tv, just saying. People just are in love with Rgiii and dont want to listen to reason. You want to believe me or not, that's not my problem. I do like Griffin, I just don't think he's better than Luck nor Barkley as a qb prospect. I just think everyone is hyping him up right now because he's the new flavor of the month. He has not been as accomplished as Luck and Barkley or even Jones. It's all potential I'm sorry I don't buy the potential machine, been there done that and I've seen it fail more times than its succeeded. I'm not buying the hype. Sorry. Like I said to Parrotead, let me know when he goes head to head with a qb like Tyrod Taylor and a great D like Virginia Tech in a bcs game and wins. Ok Wink
Tyrod Taylor plays for the baltimore Ravens and I'm positive he will get the chance to play against them during his NFL career. Yes, you provide facts Turtle (and that's what I like about your post), but you haven't provided an facts about what you are speaking against RG III. I have provided nothing but facts in my posts. I feeling that this is more personal for you than anything else. You just don't like the kid....admit it.

Scouting reports:
http://www.rantsports.com/mock-draft/2011/11/22/robert-griffin-iii-scouting-report/

http://www.hogshaven.com/2011/10/27/2517456/could-robert-griffin-iii-be-the-next-redskins-quarterback
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bowilson11 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Ive actually provided more facts than anyone else and we hear things all the time on the radio and on tv, just saying. People just are in love with Rgiii and dont want to listen to reason. You want to believe me or not, that's not my problem. I do like Griffin, I just don't think he's better than Luck nor Barkley as a qb prospect. I just think everyone is hyping him up right now because he's the new flavor of the month. He has not been as accomplished as Luck and Barkley or even Jones. It's all potential I'm sorry I don't buy the potential machine, been there done that and I've seen it fail more times than its succeeded. I'm not buying the hype. Sorry. Like I said to Parrotead, let me know when he goes head to head with a qb like Tyrod Taylor and a great D like Virginia Tech in a bcs game and wins. Ok Wink
Tyrod Taylor plays for the baltimore Ravens and I'm positive he will get the chance to play against them during his NFL career. Yes, you provide facts Turtle (and that's what I like about your post), but you haven't provided an facts about what you are speaking against RG III. I have provided nothing but facts in my posts. I feeling that this is more personal for you than anything else. You just don't like the kid....admit it.

Scouting reports:
http://www.rantsports.com/mock-draft/2011/11/22/robert-griffin-iii-scouting-report/

http://www.hogshaven.com/2011/10/27/2517456/could-robert-griffin-iii-be-the-next-redskins-quarterback
No I'm talking about how Luck beat Tyrod Taylor head to head last year and beat him pretty well with a less talented team in the bcs orange bowl. Sorry, I guess I wasnt clear enough. So let me know when Griffin does stuff like that, which I guess he did last week, arguably that was one time in 3 years.

I do like the guy I'm just not buying the hype that he's definitely better than Barkley and I'm not jumping on this bandwagon that all of a sudden he's a better prospect than and will be better than Luck. He's the 3rd ranked qb in draft and should be the 3rd off rhe board in my eyes and if he isn't I think that team who took him 1st or 2nd made a mistake. I don't think he's a top 5 pick in this draft but I wouldn't be surprised if he snuck his way to the top 10 based off how many teams need top qbs in this draft.

DarrellGreen28

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing is that Stanford is a much more talented team than Baylor all around. Especially when you consider how awful Baylor's D is. Griff has been carrying them all year
Jeezy Fanatic

Location: The DMV; Proud Alumnus of the University of Miami, Class of 2011
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another one of my major pet peeves is the idea that if you have a bad OL it's better to draft a mobile QB that will be able to handle that better.

1) A mobile QB may not necessarily be that much healthier or effective behind a bad o-line. IF anything it could bring about bad habits in that he always feels he has to scramble.

2) You always choose the better QB. If we don't think our O-Lineman can protect a young QB right now, we still take the best QB and sit him and let him learn the system as we build an offense for him to take over. We shouldn't be looking at our team now and picking a QB to plug in there, we should be looking for what we want our team to be in 5 years, and what type of QB we envision that team having.

I think Barkley projects better into being able to carry a team to the Super Bowl...

chauboy wrote:
Then there was 1 group of girls that were just standing against of wall, the group being hot, just texting. Just intimidating.
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarrellGreen28 wrote:
The thing is that Stanford is a much more talented team than Baylor all around. Especially when you consider how awful Baylor's D is. Griff has been carrying them all year
Baylor's talent is better except for QB, OL and TE.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: