Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Robert Griffin III is the QB I want to draft.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bowilson11

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:24 am    Post subject: Robert Griffin III is the QB I want to draft. Reply with quote

This is my case for drafting Robert Griffin III. I watched the Oklahoma vs Baylor game this weekend. Oklahoma does have a top tier defense and he shredded it. His pocket awareness is outstanding along with his sense to feel the pressure and elude it. Yes, he can run when it has to but he keeps his focus downfield until he has no other choice but to take off and run. I also noticed when he runs to is very aware of where he is on the field and uses he world class speed to get to the sidelines or else he get to the ground to avoid taking big hits. What Iím most impressed by is his arm strength. The game winning TD was a frozen rope into the wind on target. We wonít get Luck (without mortgaging most of our 2012 Draft and some of our 2013 to get him) and this we all can agree upon, but feel strongly that RG III is a viable solution that we can live with for the next 10 to 12 years. Iíve been a strong advocate of RG III since I joined this forum and he continues to prove him every Saturday. Heís also a top-5 Heisman Candidate. Here are his stats once again:
SEASON CMP ATT YDS CMP% YPA LNG TD INT SACK RAT
2011 245 336 3572 72.9 10.63 87 33 5 22 191.7
MKnight82

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's a great college QB but I don't think his game will translate well to the NFL. He's good for a highlight reel but I don't want to draft him. How many dual threat QBs have won Superbowls? Hopefully we land Barkley or Jones.
A TRAIN 89

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My list goes:

Luck
Barkley
RGIII
Jones
Tannehil
Dashing

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need to draft a QB period. IDC who it is I will support him.
DalCowboyzRule

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, you don't want to do this. Stay the hell away from our Texas players! THEY'RE ALL OURS! Twisted Evil

But seriously, Griffin would be a great pick for yall. Living an hour from Waco, I've seen a ton of his games and he's a legit passing and running quarterback. He's a far better passer than a guy like Vince Young ever was, and believe it or not he's also faster than he ever was. Robert Griffin is like a right handed Michael Vick.

I was actually talking about this scenario playing out yesterday with a friend who goes to Baylor, and we both agreed that we really don't want to see this happen Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:

Supporting a Redskins player? That would be a refreshing change from you.
bowilson11

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
He's a great college QB but I don't think his game will translate well to the NFL. He's good for a highlight reel but I don't want to draft him. How many dual threat QBs have won Superbowls? Hopefully we land Barkley or Jones.
MKnight82, maybe you didn't read my entire post, because I posted RG III's stats for the season and they read like a Top-5 Heisman Candidate (please see the last line of my post). Yes, he is dual threat and in the NFL today you need a QB who can stand in the pocket and get completions, but can also avoid the rush and make something happen outside the pocket (like RG III can ). He not the typical run first and throw second QB. He's a thrower that happens to possess world class speed. Superbowl winner comparison: Steve Young.

Jones stat line against Baylor's D (ranked 111th): Jones 36/51 447 0 1

RG III stat line against OU's D (ranked 61st): Griffin 21/34 479 4 0

Please stop looking at all QB with the ability to run as runner. I think RG III has proved that he can throw it with the best of them.
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

midniterc wrote:
Dashing wrote:

Supporting a Redskins player? That would be a refreshing change from you.

Give him a week Very Happy

mike23md on the sig
David Amerson-48 Tackles 12 PD 2 INT 1 TD 1 FF
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A TRAIN 89 wrote:
My list goes:

Luck
Barkley
RGIII
Jones
Tannehil
Exactly. I totally agree with this
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mike23md

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had been against RGIII for a while now, because I had grown to believe that he was just not someone that the Shanahans would be interested in based on their QB's from the past.

But the more that I have watched this kid play and what he did against OU's defense, I feel that he would be a good fit here and that he has all the tools to be successful.

Does that mean I think he should start day 1? No. But we cannot walk into the season with Rex or Beck as the starter and think that we are going to compete next year.

But, I will take any one of the top tier QB's in this draft, except Jones. I am getting the feeling on him that he is a lot of hype and the OU experience is carrying his name.

I still think that he would be a catch in the 2nd round, but needs more tutelage with a NFL team and coaches in order to take it and make it at the next level.

2014 FFMD Redskins Assistant to the General Manager
2014 NFL Mock Draft
REDSKINS WAR ROOM
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bowilson11 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
MKnight82, maybe you didn't read my entire post, because I posted RG III's stats for the season and they read like a Top-5 Heisman Candidate (please see the last line of my post). Yes, he is dual threat and in the NFL today you need a QB who can stand in the pocket and get completions, but can also avoid the rush and make something happen outside the pocket (like RG III can ). He not the typical run first and throw second QB. He's a thrower that happens to possess world class speed. Superbowl winner comparison: Steve Young.

Please stop looking at all QB with the ability to run as runner. I think RG III has proved that he can throw it with the best of them.
The guys got talent. I'm just not sure yet, I'm just not sold he's going to be as solid in the pros. There are a lot of guys who rip it up for a while in college in offense like his but it doesn't translate to success in the pros. Right now I have him #3 behind Barkley. I want to see what rgiii does in the events leading unto the draft.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mike23md

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
bowilson11 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:

The guys got talent. I'm just not sure yet, I'm just not sold he's going to be as solid in the pros. There are a lot of guys who rip it up for a while in college in offense like his but it doesn't translate to success in the pros. Right now I have him #3 behind Barkley. I want to see what rgiii does in the events leading unto the draft.

A majority of those guys play in a system like Hawaii, Mizzou, etc..where the offense is spread and the QB is slinging the ball all over the place. Colt Brennan got this fame, Kevin Kolb from Houston, this other kid from Houston etc.

Those QB's dont really transition well into the pros. But RGIII is doing this against Big 12 talent. Have to see how he does in the pressures of a bowl game, but I would not count him out as a potential QB in DC.

2014 FFMD Redskins Assistant to the General Manager
2014 NFL Mock Draft
REDSKINS WAR ROOM
ripsean21

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
bowilson11 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:

A majority of those guys play in a system like Hawaii, Mizzou, etc..where the offense is spread and the QB is slinging the ball all over the place. Colt Brennan got this fame, Kevin Kolb from Houston, this other kid from Houston etc.

Those QB's dont really transition well into the pros. But RGIII is doing this against Big 12 talent. Have to see how he does in the pressures of a bowl game, but I would not count him out as a potential QB in DC.

I agree with you I think his bowl game is gonna be his biggest factor in his draft stock more so then any other player because thats where the hype of the season becomes real and every player on the other side tries to boost their stock by being they reason that star doesnt shine. Cant wait for the bowl season!

Ripsean21-Adopt a Redskin 2012; Pierre Garcon: Great first game! Im not adopting any more im bad Luck!
seantaylorfan21

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robert Griffin is #1 on my list also.

Props to Mike23md
rizzy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree I am liking him more and more. I think Jones might be the most talented but it keeps coming down to whose system do we need. Jones is like Shaub. My list would prob go

Luck
RGIII
Jones
Barkley(haven't seen him play much and can't stop thinking Sanchize)

Everyone else
NHL-Capitals

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: