Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Neutral-site regular season games

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pf9

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:41 pm    Post subject: Neutral-site regular season games Reply with quote

In the past several years there has been an influx of neutral-site games in the regular season. Some of these involve the same teams every year (or in the case of Navy-ND, every other year). Others have different teams each year.

So, what yearly rivalry games would you like to see played at neutral sites, and what stadiums would you like to see host two different teams every year?

For the former category, I'd like to see Indiana-Purdue in Indianapolis, SMU-TCU in Arlington, and Maryland-Rutgers in Philadelphia (to sort of serve as a public school version of the Army-Navy Game, both schools being close to one of the service academies).
cp0k2

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like neutral site rivalry games so I don't want to see any of them changed. Neutral site games like Alabama/Michigan, Georgia/Boise State, Virginia Tech/LSU etc. are great because they're good teams not normally playing each other meeting up once in a different location. But in my opinion rivalry games should be played in each teams home stadium, that atmosphere adds greatly to the rivalry and moving it elsewhere would take away from it.
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Syracuse and Penn St. are playing each other at Metlife stadium. Nice to see a former rivalry get going again in a big time media location.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas Tech and Baylor play at Jerry World every year.

green24 wrote:
Joey Gallo hits one a mile.

Haters gon' hate.
devils1854

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

None should play each other on neutral sites other than the ones that already do(Georgia/Florida, Oklahoma/Texas, Army/Navy, etc).

#JDI
Lions017

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to see more teams travel. I hate how teams from the West/South never seem to travel up North later than September or so. I would love to see some of them have to play in the cold in the Big House or a place like that.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devils1854 wrote:
None should play each other on neutral sites other than the ones that already do(Georgia/Florida, Oklahoma/Texas, Army/Navy, etc).

My stance pretty much, except for the kickoff classic.

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI
devils1854

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lions017 wrote:
I would like to see more teams travel. I hate how teams from the West/South never seem to travel up North later than September or so. I would love to see some of them have to play in the cold in the Big House or a place like that.

The only problem with that is that most(if not all) Big Ten schools play all of their ooc games within the first month of the season, and have all conference games in October and November.

#JDI
ThePrototype

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lions017 wrote:
But, do you think a team from the south really wants to sabotage their season in order to make viewers up North happy?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThePrototype wrote:
Lions017 wrote:
But, do you think a team from the south really wants to sabotage their season in order to make viewers up North happy?

Hell no. That's the thing, as long as the schools are scheduling there own games, this won't happen. Forever probably.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: