Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

UT Volunteers 2.0 Brick by Brick
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 85, 86, 87  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adam9

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BurheadTitans wrote:
Chauntez Jackson commits.

He's not the highest rated TE but I really like him. TEs most of the time take a while to develop anyways, I expect him to be a 1 year starter once Meredith graduates and a couple year #2 TE.

This class is rounding out. We lead for a high 4* WR named Marques North, we also lead for 4* JUCO (Hutchinson where we already have CP and 2 commits from this year) Toby Johnson, we also lead for 4* OG Reeve Koehler (his teammate already committed).

Besides those three we also have a chance to get 5* DB Vonn Bell, 4* RB Derrick Green, and I've heard a few Auburn commits are looking at us as well. We have 7 schollies left and I'm not sure if we will keep our lowest commit (Zach Barnes) so that might mean 8. We might not fill up though as we could have the opportunity to pick up a guy after NSD like we did this year with former UF commit 4* DT Dante Phillips.

For those not caring just know our class is decent right now, but with a few mores wins we could have a top 10-15 class.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only good thing this season is going to bring is the firing of that POS Dooley at year's end.
Baseball: Cincinnati Reds

Tennessee Titans (FFMD 2014) Offensive Coordinator
titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BurheadTitans wrote:
The only good thing this season is going to bring is the firing of that POS Dooley at year's end.

Only thing he's done is break records. Our streak over UK and Miss. St. is now over. 0-12 vs ranked teams and 0-everything in his career of coaching.
landoc88

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

will you can have our troll of a head coach Bret Bielema.
s_camp

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
BurheadTitans wrote:

Only thing he's done is break records. Our streak over UK and Miss. St. is now over. 0-12 vs ranked teams and 0-everything in his career of coaching.

It's now 0-13, isn't it?

Either way I'm done with him. Take a look around: 'Bama comes out of a rough period and hires a coach who did great things with Mich St and won a nat'l title at LSU, suddenly they're on top; SC goes out and hires a HC with nat'l title experience and a proven record of success, suddenly they're on top; OSU stumbles, then hires a HC who did great things at a mid-major (if I can borrow that term), took Florida to the top, suddenly they're undefeated and look great. What does UT do? Hire a HC who went .500 in the WAC? I can't believe that hasn't worked out.
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

s_camp wrote:
titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
BurheadTitans wrote:

It's now 0-13, isn't it?

Either way I'm done with him. Take a look around: 'Bama comes out of a rough period and hires a coach who did great things with Mich St and won a nat'l title at LSU, suddenly they're on top; SC goes out and hires a HC with nat'l title experience and a proven record of success, suddenly they're on top; OSU stumbles, then hires a HC who did great things at a mid-major (if I can borrow that term), took Florida to the top, suddenly they're undefeated and look great. What does UT do? Hire a HC who went .500 in the WAC? I can't believe that hasn't worked out.
So you want Dennis Erickson? Laughing

Sig bet
boondock

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dooley is here for the stability of the program. I knew when he we hired that he would not take the program far. Dooley is high character and expect high character from the players. He has stabilized the program after the Fulmer firing and Kiffin incident. I could see him getting one more year, though I don't want him to, but it could happen.

Now that the program is stable, they would be more inclined to get a better, more experienced coach or a coach on the rise.
titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

List of guys I'm hoping for:

Lovie Smith: This is obviously pending on the Bears falling apart. Seems unlikely right now.

Mark Helfrich: Just gotta wonder if his offense is Chip Kelly or him.

Kirby Smart: Would allow us to keep Sal Sunseri on staff

And I know I'll be lambasted for this, but....

Bobby Petrino. Sure, he's a scumbag, but he's a hell of a coach. Just look at the difference at Arkansas with and without him.
s_camp

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatebeanz wrote:
s_camp wrote:
titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
BurheadTitans wrote:

It's now 0-13, isn't it?

So you want Dennis Erickson? Laughing

No. He's had one winning season in the last decade. He's just about the opposite of what I'm talking about.
adam9

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
Mark Helfrich: Just gotta wonder if his offense is Chip Kelly or him.

So you want a spread offense?? Confused Confused Confused

boondock wrote:
Dooley is here for the stability of the program. I knew when he we hired that he would not take the program far. Dooley is high character and expect high character from the players.

How so? We kept Da'Rick Rogers after multiple failed drug test and plagiarism scandals... Also we have more incidents including Bray's detainment (no penalty).

Again I say we keep Dools, but I wouldn't mind picking up a big name. Kirby Smart would work. Not too many others out there I like... Maybe Flood from Rutgers?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boondock wrote:
Dooley is here for the stability of the program. I knew when he we hired that he would not take the program far. Dooley is high character and expect high character from the players. He has stabilized the program after the Fulmer firing and Kiffin incident. I could see him getting one more year, though I don't want him to, but it could happen.

Now that the program is stable, they would be more inclined to get a better, more experienced coach or a coach on the rise.

There hasn't been stability under Dooley. Nearly his entire staff jumped ship this past off season, most of them for lateral jobs. Probably noticed the writing on the wall in terms of who they were working for. If the athletic director had seen that coming ahead of time, I'd be willing to bet that Dooley would've gotten canned after the UK debacle last year.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not see if Coach Sweater Vest is interested? At this point I'm willing to hire just about anyone to get Tennessee winning again.
Baseball: Cincinnati Reds

Tennessee Titans (FFMD 2014) Offensive Coordinator
jagman777

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a dedicated gator fan I hope you keep Dooley for the next twenty years.
adam9

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jagman777 wrote:
As a dedicated gator fan I hope you keep Dooley for the next twenty years.

Why? You think he is a bad coach or something. He took over a 6-7 team that list pretty much all their decent/high recruits with the departure of Kiffin and is just now recovering.

And whoever said sweater vest (referring to Tressel I presume) that wouldn't be a good hire if you ask me. Never liked his coaching style or the types of recruits he goes after specifically at QB.

I'd like a select few to replace Dools. My best option would be to get a guy from a winning pro-style offense such as Rutgers, Oregon State, Louisville (but Strong is going to stay there), maybe even try to go after a previously winning program with a down year or something. The key is the pro-style offense. No way we pick up someone from a spread. Kirby Smart is my favorite option...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrOneWayRoad wrote:
boondock wrote:

There hasn't been stability under Dooley. Nearly his entire staff jumped ship this past off season, most of them for lateral jobs. Probably noticed the writing on the wall in terms of who they were working for. If the athletic director had seen that coming ahead of time, I'd be willing to bet that Dooley would've gotten canned after the UK debacle last year.

Doesn't anybody think about the fact that when he was hired, that he had 2 weeks to put together a staff before national signing day and closing out the recruiting class while keeping most of the commits that already commited here to stay. He really didn't have enough time to search for the coaches he wanted and brought some from La Tech and basically just filled out the rest with some guys he thought he could work with. When they weren't working out he sent them packing and actually had a good amount of time to properly interview coaches and find the best fit for what he wants to do. Lets be real, Wilcox's defense was not going to lead to an SEC caliber defense and the O-line coach wasn't making any progress with the run game. Now that we have an O-line coach that can coach linemen, look at what he has done in the short time he has been here. I personally think we still need more talent to actually compete. Our defense would be so much better if we could stop giving up the big TD plays. As for the offense Bray needs to be more consistent to even get establish a rythym in the game. Also, does anyone else think Hunter plays a little timid? Like he is scraed to get injured again? I can't help but notice it when he goes for a catch and sees a defender near, he just kinda backs off of the ball a little.
PSN: J-SLeeZY87

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 85, 86, 87  Next
Page 21 of 87

Jump to: