Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

UT Volunteers 2.0 Brick by Brick
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 74, 75, 76 ... 85, 86, 87  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adam9

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
So, I've thought about it the last few days and I'm ready for us to be good again. How's this recruiting class shaping up?

All of what Prod said is fact.

To answer your question about recruiting, right now I would say hopeful. Hopeful meaning that right now our class isn't amazing, but we are the presumable leaders for multiple top prospects and are in with a lot that could still choose us. Some guys are:

Carl Lawson, 5* DE- Dude balled out in top competition. Would be #1 prospect with some better measurables IMO. He is short for a DE at 6'1"-6'2". Right now I would say we lead but he is still technically committed to Auburn.

Vonn Bell, 4/5* DB- right now I would say we are in a battle with Bama for him. Had a top 3 of tOSU, UT, and Bama. tOSU hurt themselves on his visit. The thing UT fans are hoping is that his visit this weekend goes well (coaches declared it Vonn Bell Day this Friday or Saturday) and he grew up a Vol fan as his HS is almost in Tennessee. I say Bama leads by a slight margin but this weekend could help/hurt our chances.

Derrick Green, 4/5* RB- the dude is outstanding. More if a power runner IMO but has speed and agility too. Somewhat reminds me of Arian Foster (I know he wasn't great in his time at UT) with a little more power and a little less agility. He already knows and it's down to 3 schools, UT, Auburn, and Michigan. Michigan is where he ends up IMHO. He announces this Saturday IIRC (the 26th).

MarQuez North, 4* WR- he's one I'm worried about. The dude literally reminds me if Da'Rick without the attitude. We presumably lead at one point, but I think we lost that with the firing of the staff. His main recruiter is still with the staff though (RB coach Jay Graham). I think UNC leads with us close behind. The bad thing is he used up his OV already so I'm just hoping its us at this point because I think he knows.

4* LB EJ Levenberry- solid LB we desperately need. We only have 1 current LB committed and its definitely a weak point on our roster. Levenberry to me looks like a do-it-all LB that definitely needs some refining of skills. Homestly could start as a Fr or So though. He is currently commuted to FSU and I think he stays there. Him and a similar LB Zach Cunningham both visit this weekend. With Zach I think we trail to Auburn.

Christian Morris, 4* OT- he is good friends with current commit Jason Carr who just said he is solid to us. Morris was not even considered from our old staff which is weird. Morris grew up liking the Vols IIRC and was turned off by the old staff not offering (he's from Memphis). Think its 50/50 between us and UCLA. He committed to UCLA before we offered. He visited last weekend and hasn't talked to any media source since. IMHO he's a Vol but I say it's 55/45.

Davin Bellamy, 3/4* DE- made him his own tab just because he said he talked to Lawson about starting a "dynasty" at UT. Nothing serious but I'm hoping lol. He is committed to FSU but look for him to be ours if Lawson commits. If not I'm saying 25% he comes here without Lawson.

Also still have chances at a few other big names. Morris is the first name on the list not ranked in the top 100 or 150 nationally from that list so those are huge names.

Also we have some good commits. We notably have committed:

Jason Carr, 4* DL- a large DE or a small DT. Will be very versatile to use. Has connections with Morris from the noncommit list above..

Jalen Reeves-Maybin, 4* ATH- dude bleeds orange. He's already enrolled and is planning on being a S or OLB (probably S). Very athletic as he played RB, QB, LB, and S in HS. Should be a good player in the future.

OL- don't want to name them all but we have a plethora or high potential OL

Lastly ill say at WR we are set and one of our commits Ryan Jenkins is good friends with Lawson and a few other of our targets like 3* RB Peyton Barber.

All that was just a list of high profile guys we are after in recruiting. I think we get a few of those top-tier guys so that's always good. Obviously coaching matters a LOT. I think we got some good coaches though. Ill just say our LB coach, Tommy Thigpen does WORK on the recruiting trail. Also Jay Graham is the man.

Again I've said this a million times but next years class has top 5 potential with all the legacy players. Hopefully our coaches close the deal.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Local TN QB, Charlie High, is visiting this weekend, Butch wants him to walk-on.
Baseball: Cincinnati Reds

Tennessee Titans (FFMD 2014) Offensive Coordinator
adam9

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BurheadTitans wrote:
Local TN QB, Charlie High, is visiting this weekend, Butch wants him to walk-on.

I like the move. Dude balled out at CAK.

Ferguson is still the man though. Also we are trying to get Jason Smith and Josh Dobbs to visit too.
titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Von Bell in Knoxvegas.
adam9

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
Von Bell in Knoxvegas.

Yup. Some recruits couldn't make it Crying or Very sad

Also Carr might be in town too (he said he would UOV to try to convince Vonn/others to come to UT).
titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fooley to Dallas as WR coach.
msuspartans#1

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:

lolololololololol
titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

msuspartans#1 wrote:
titansNvolsR#1 wrote:

lolololololololol

From what the twitter verse is saying, he is a huge Dallas fan and best friends with Garrett.
adam9

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing
msuspartans#1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
msuspartans#1 wrote:
titansNvolsR#1 wrote:

lolololololololol

From what the twitter verse is saying, he is a huge Dallas fan and best friends with Garrett.

Did they bring him on so Dez Bryant wont need an attorney?
adam9

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just because he had amazing WRs in college doesn't mean he can coach them in the pros Laughing
titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam9 wrote:
Just because he had amazing WRs in college doesn't mean he can coach them in the pros Laughing

Considering all the insane drops they had this year, I don't expect much improvement from the Dallas guys. You could argue he had 3 of the top 5 WRs in the nation, depending on who you talk to.
BurheadTitans

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bradley Spelman (LS) accepted a preferred walk-on offer to join the Vols next year. We also just lost Dan Skipper to Arkansas, I see that JUCO OL Chongo Kondolo committing soon. Also with the way we are missing left and right on running back prospects I think its time for the staff to take a long hard look at Michael Dyer.
Baseball: Cincinnati Reds

Tennessee Titans (FFMD 2014) Offensive Coordinator
adam9

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BurheadTitans wrote:
Bradley Spelman (LS) accepted a preferred walk-on offer to join the Vols next year. We also just lost Dan Skipper to Arkansas, I see that JUCO OL Chongo Kondolo committing soon. Also with the way we are missing left and right on running back prospects I think its time for the staff to take a long hard look at Michael Dyer.

All accurate. Except maybe Dyer haha.

We need to hit on Ford or Turner for sure. Neither huge names but solid players. Wish Kamara would give us a chance, he fits our scheme as I'd it was made for him.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2* RB Devaun Swafford was just informed he will not have to gray shirt and will get a spot in this year's class. There's one RB for this class, but we really need another. Happy for the kid, hope he shocks the world. He's a true VFL for be willing to gray shirt, even if we were his only FBS offer.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 74, 75, 76 ... 85, 86, 87  Next
Page 75 of 87

Jump to: