Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

UT Volunteers 2.0 Brick by Brick
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 73, 74, 75 ... 85, 86, 87  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BurheadTitans

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like our next commit will be JUCO OL Cody Clay. He just left from his OV and will talk it over with his folks and decide either tonight or tomorrow. He will be an EE but man this one is making me scratch my head a little.
Baseball: Cincinnati Reds

Tennessee Titans (FFMD 2014) Offensive Coordinator
adam9

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BurheadTitans wrote:
Looks like our next commit will be JUCO OL Cody Clay. He just left from his OV and will talk it over with his folks and decide either tonight or tomorrow. He will be an EE but man this one is making me scratch my head a little.

Same. That's not who I was talking about as I was talking about a 2014 commit (I'm sure you knew that just making it clear a 2014 guy should be committing soon too).

On Clay he's got 3 to play 2, so this will be a guy that could be a RS Sr I'm 3 years and already has 2 full years on teams (1 at JUCO 1 at WVU). Not a huge pickup, but he could be a 1 year starter or 2 year starter.

JUCO OL are really hard to rate, so I'm not convinced this is a bad pickup, especially when I expect after next season to keep 1 starter on the OL.

Hopefully that's our plan, to get him in and RS him.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@patrickbrownTFP: Tennessee called transferring Florida QB Jacoby Brissett, his high school coach told @DuseReport760 of @ESPN760. http://t.co/euvnIcQE

In an interesting twist, Florida's SEC East rival Tennessee is making a push for Brissett. Daniels said UT called him after the transfer to inquire about the QB.

Tennessee was not on Brissett's initial list of schools given to Florida, but Daniels said he plans on calling Muschamp to add it to the group.

Despite the fact the Volunteers are an SEC rival and play the Gators every season, Muschamp previously told Daniels that he would give grant Brissett's release to any school in the country.

We shall see.

FootballProdiG

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BurheadTitans wrote:
Quote:
@patrickbrownTFP: Tennessee called transferring Florida QB Jacoby Brissett, his high school coach told @DuseReport760 of @ESPN760. http://t.co/euvnIcQE

In an interesting twist, Florida's SEC East rival Tennessee is making a push for Brissett. Daniels said UT called him after the transfer to inquire about the QB.

Tennessee was not on Brissett's initial list of schools given to Florida, but Daniels said he plans on calling Muschamp to add it to the group.

Despite the fact the Volunteers are an SEC rival and play the Gators every season, Muschamp previously told Daniels that he would give grant Brissett's release to any school in the country.

We shall see.

Meh forget him. I'd rather Ferg start over him anyday.
adam9

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LB commit Corey Vereen. VFL!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zp5NoaA0PAo&feature=player_embedded
titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam9 wrote:

4* WR Ryan Jenkins committed to us as well.
BurheadTitans

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
adam9 wrote:

Another Vol legacy.

adam9

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BurheadTitans wrote:
titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
adam9 wrote:

Another Vol legacy.

One of many to come!
titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam9 wrote:
BurheadTitans wrote:
titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
adam9 wrote:

Another Vol legacy.

One of many to come!

Any chance all the legacy players band together and decide to come here to be the class that brings us back to the cream of the SEC?
BurheadTitans

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:

Any chance all the legacy players band together and decide to come here to be the class that brings us back to the cream of the SEC?

There is a lot of talented sons of former Vols coming down the pipeline the next few years hopefully that is the case. Man Travis Henry's kids could almost provide a full signing class if they are all dudes and talented Laughing

Also UT has finally updating Coach Jones' staff website, we hired Kyle Kempt's brother as an offensive GA. Wonder what tha means Wink

We still have GA position slot to fill as well and good to see Terry Fair back in orange.

adam9

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BurheadTitans wrote:
titansNvolsR#1 wrote:

There is a lot of talented sons of former Vols coming down the pipeline the next few years hopefully that is the case. Man Travis Henry's kids could almost provide a full signing class if they are all dudes and talented Laughing

Also UT has finally updating Coach Jones' staff website, we hired Kyle Kempt's brother as an offensive GA. Wonder what tha means Wink

We still have GA position slot to fill as well and good to see Terry Fair back in orange.

Nice. Our class next year has the potential to be insane. Kempt should be as good as ours, and I think he can be special. We really need to focus on other legacies though. Kelly Jr. is a top rated S, Creamer is a huge WR/TE type, the Berry bros will be like the Alexander bros this year except the falloff between the better and the latter won't be as noticeable, and on and on.

Go get 'em bUTch!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BurheadTitans wrote:

Don't have to scratch your head anymore, he's staying at Azusa Pacific.

Quote:
But Clay opted to return to Fullerton and play his second season at the school. Utah, Fresno State and Connecticut offered in his second year along with Tennessee.

"I've always been a behind-the-scenes kind of guy and I don't need the big stage," Clay said. "I felt I could get the same coaching from coach (Jackie) Slater as I could at Tennessee or Uconn.

Link.
adam9

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cp0k2 wrote:
BurheadTitans wrote:

Don't have to scratch your head anymore, he's staying at Azusa Pacific.

Quote:
But Clay opted to return to Fullerton and play his second season at the school. Utah, Fresno State and Connecticut offered in his second year along with Tennessee.

"I've always been a behind-the-scenes kind of guy and I don't need the big stage," Clay said. "I felt I could get the same coaching from coach (Jackie) Slater as I could at Tennessee or Uconn.

Link.

Yup. Good for both sides to be honest.
titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I've thought about it the last few days and I'm ready for us to be good again. How's this recruiting class shaping up?
FootballProdiG

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
So, I've thought about it the last few days and I'm ready for us to be good again. How's this recruiting class shaping up?

Lol aren't we all. The fact that Vanderbilt was better than us last year makes me sick. All I know is the culture of this place is going to have to change from losers to winners in order for us to go positive. You can have the best recruits in the country ala USC and still be out of the top 25 due to bad coaching and environment.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 73, 74, 75 ... 85, 86, 87  Next
Page 74 of 87

Jump to: