You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Gli Azzurri - il thread ufficiale della Nazionale
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Soccer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RoxSox2004

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they'll take Balotelli. Whether or not they play him is another matter. Di Natale has to go, he's still got it.
deeluxx3

Hot Shot Crew
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1-1 draw against Spain...can't complain. Draws suck because they leave you wanting more, but you take what you can get against Spain

My thoughts...

3-5-2 was solid overall. Defense played well...getting 2 yellows to starters of the 3 is a little unsettling, but I'm not too worried about it going forward. De Rossi played very, very well. His play alone makes me comfortable with the formation. Bonucci was decent overall and Giorgio was Giorgio. Buffon had a nice game...Spain's goal wasn't on him.

Maggio needs to go. His position asks for some offensive help, and he freezes up every time he nears the box. He has very nice speed, but his offensive game is nonexistent. Balzaretti needs to start for him next game. Giacchierini was OK. Disappeared in the second half, but had a decent first half. I'd love to see a Balz/Ogbonna combo, but Balz/Giacc will suffice.
Pirlo had a real solid game. Started off a little slow, but hit his stride early enough to be quite impactful. Prandelli needs to utilize him deeper in the field, though. He has him playing too shallow at times, and that limits his effectiveness.
Marchisio was pretty nonexistent overall. Made that really sick run and had a couple shots on goal...but was a ghost for most of the game.
Motta was pretty ineffective. Not much to say about him...had a nice header put on goal..but I wouldnt mind seeing someone else get a chance there. Thing is, Nocerino is generally just as mediocre, so it wouldn't make much of a difference.

It was wonderful NOT seeing Riccardo Montolivo play.

For the attackers...Cassano was brilliant, as always. If he isn't the best Italian soccer player, then he is #2 at worst. Constantly making plays and getting players involved. Loved seeing him play so well given his circumstances over the past couple months. Wish we kept him in a little longer, but better to give him a little rest.
Balotelli obviously wishes he could have this game back. IMO, the yellow card on him was BS. The "warning" for punching the ground was a little unnecessary and the foul that gave him the yellow (I know that it was his "third, fourth, fifth warning") wasn't that bad. That just spelled his doom. The bullseye that he constantly has on his back never helps. His breakaway mess up was just awful. Nothing else to really say about that. It was terrible. IDK what he was thinking, and it hurt to watch because he is my favorite player and I was hoping that it could have been a big moment for him. Unfortunately, it is pretty likely that Balotelli won't see the pitch again...if you ask me.
DiNatale had a beautiful goal and was involved the minute he got on the field. The thing about DiNatale is, though, Azzurri fans know better than to not look too much into that goal. It is pretty much a given that DiNatale is going to start from here on out. He plays well off of Cassano, but the guy has usually played very poorly for us in international tournaments. Im not optimistic about DiNatale starting from here on out, which I fully expect to happen.
Giovinco played well...I'd like to see him continue to get minutes near the end of the games.

Overall...a lot to take away from this game. Even though it was just a draw, the things that happened are going to shape this tournament for us here on out...mainly DiNatale starting over Balotelli. I hope that Antonio can play the way he did for the rest of the month...but Im not holding my breath.

Insomma...la partita mi ha lasciato pensando "perchč Mario...PERCHČ?????????"

RIP Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
RIP Steve "Air" McNair...the greatest Titan of all-time
deeluxx3

Hot Shot Crew
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Few quick things about the game (I might write up more later)

-Maggio needs to go. Absolutely worthless. No idea why Balzaretti isnt starting
-Giaccherini isn't much better. Ogbonna over Giacc, please
-Balotelli had a very nice game and was making some real nice runs. He belongs in the starting lineup
-Cassano played ineffectively
-This team needs to utilize a trequartista
-Motta should never wear the azzurri jersey again

dhunt2402

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Balzaretti is a left back, the real question is why Mattia Cassani isn't in the squad. He didn't have a great season with Fior, but he's by far the best right back Italy have right now. Maggio is probably there to stay unfortunately. Would love to see Balz in place of Giaccherini though

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does Maggio play as a traditional right back for Italy? He's essentially a midfielder who occasionally tracks back for Napoli Laughing

Hot Shot Crew
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imarobot wrote:
Does Maggio play as a traditional right back for Italy? He's essentially a midfielder who occasionally tracks back for Napoli Laughing

When we ran the 4-3-1-2 he was playing as a right fullback, but in the 3-5-2 he is playing more as a wingback on the right side.

He is awful

amac

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deeluxx3 wrote:
Imarobot wrote:

When we ran the 4-3-1-2 he was playing as a right fullback, but in the 3-5-2 he is playing more as a wingback on the right side.

He is awful

Agree he has been terrible, maybe they should try Abate
CTownBrowns

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amac wrote:
deeluxx3 wrote:
Imarobot wrote:

He is awful

Agree he has been terrible, maybe they should try Abate

Eh he hasn't been having the greatest year either. And if they're playing a 3-5-2 I don't know how well he'd fit in pushed up higher.

Thanks Smack!
deeluxx3

Hot Shot Crew
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You literally could not play a worse offensive game than Maggio has been playing. The moment he is asked to do anything offensive, he turns the ball over

deeluxx3

Hot Shot Crew
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pensieri...

First off, obviously feels great to actually win a game and score more than one goal

I feel that Barzagli was our strongest defender today. First game back from injury and he looked strong. Sucks seeing Chiellini go down, and I fear that he will be out for a little bit. Great to see Balz and Abate start over the incompetent Maggio and Giacc, even though it was probably due to the formation change more than anything.

Motta isnt a treq and shouldn't be asked to be.

Cassano was very, very good. I can only imagine how beautiful it would be to watch him as the treq and Di Natale/Balo as the two strikers.

Midfield was OK. Marchisio needs to be more active and actually get involved in the game.

Di Natale played well, still think that he would be better as a super sub for the legend Mario Balotelli who showed the world why he's THE MAN

The 4-3-1-2 won't work for us in the next round, however. We won't score with it unless it is off of set pieces. We lack the treq to make that formation GO.

dhunt2402

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deeluxx3 wrote:
Pensieri...

First off, obviously feels great to actually win a game and score more than one goal

I feel that Barzagli was our strongest defender today. First game back from injury and he looked strong. Sucks seeing Chiellini go down, and I fear that he will be out for a little bit. Great to see Balz and Abate start over the incompetent Maggio and Giacc, even though it was probably due to the formation change more than anything.

Cassano was very, very good. I can only imagine how beautiful it would be to watch him as the treq and Di Natale/Balo as the two strikers.

Midfield was OK. Marchisio needs to be more active and actually get involved in the game.

Di Natale played well, still think that he would be better as a super sub for the legend Mario Balotelli who showed the world why he's THE MAN

The 4-3-1-2 won't work for us in the next round, however. We won't score with it unless it is off of set pieces. We lack the treq to make that formation GO.

Motta behind the strikers was just stupid, first real time Prandelli seriously got it wrong. Good thing they were playing Ireland.

Giovinco as a no. 10 would have been perfect, but either way that formation in the knockout stages (except if its against England) isn't defensive enough.

Back to the 3-5-2 if its France I'd assume, De Rossi to shift back to sweeper if Giorgio is out as expected. At least Barzagli is back.

Mario needs to start. Same for Balzaretti and Abate.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deeluxx3 wrote:

yeah seriously what was Prandelli thinking with that? Cassano or Giovinco could fill that role much better but just wouldn't track back as much

and Balza>>>>Giacherini
deeluxx3

Hot Shot Crew
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Se sconfiggessimo l'Ingleterra, sarebbe cosė fico, man...

New York Green

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deeluxx3 wrote:

L'Inghilterra e la patria delle piu brutte donne.

L'Italia vincera.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New York Green wrote:
deeluxx3 wrote:

L'Inghilterra e la patria delle piu brutte donne.

L'Italia vincera.

TOO FAR BRO

Quote:
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Soccer All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 3 of 18

Jump to: