Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jay Cutler?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which QB do you want for next year?
Jay Cutler
50%
 50%  [ 6 ]
Kyle Orton
8%
 8%  [ 1 ]
EJ Manuel
16%
 16%  [ 2 ]
Sam Bradford
8%
 8%  [ 1 ]
Draft a QB
16%
 16%  [ 2 ]
Someone else (comment your choice)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 12

CatzRB21

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:21 pm    Post subject: Jay Cutler? Reply with quote

why not?

with a new HC and OC such as David Shaw HC and Marc Trestman OC.

Both coached together on Oakland in 2001.

With some roster moves and a good draft i think the bills could be a playoff team and with the right moves and schwartz coaching our D we could compete for a championship.[/u]
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely not to Jay Cutler. Turnover prone, high salary, and is 31. He won't "save" the franchise or even come close.

I voted for EJ because he has only played 13.5 games and thats not even close to being an appropriate amount of time to judge a QB, especially one that was fighting through injuries.

I think this year off will be very beneficial forEJ and he'll come back and compete with Orton for the starting job next season.

And unless we absolutely fall apart (which could definitely happen) or Pegula has his guy lined up for the job, Marrone will probably be back.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, as far as Marrone goes, I could live with him staying as long as Hackett goes and we get an aggressive OC. To go along with that, Let there be a QB competition between EJ, Orton, and a mid-round guy.
I'm not a fan of us going for Cutler for the reasons others have said (31, INT prone mainly).

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've liked cutler ever since i saw him at vanderbilt playing against powerhouse florida but if the light hasn't gone on for him by now in his career, it never will. he's not the answer

sig by sucka steve
cdavls17

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bills have 18.5 million in cap space for 2015 season. Cutler is guaranteed 15.5 million. The bills have to many holes to fill to take on a bloated contract like that. Plus he can be a cancer at times if he doesnt get his way.

Bills have players that need to be signed for the future like Jerry Hughes, Marcel Dareus, and Cordy Glenn in the next 2 years. Those 3 spots are heavy salaries.

TRADING FOR CUTLER IS A GOD AWFUL IDEA.

Thanks Max
cdavls17

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for David Shaw I do not want him he is a product of good players that Harbaugh has brought along and now that it has been a few years of Davids own recruits and Luck gone shows that he isnt that good of a coach. Stanford has been a shell of its self. If bills go ahead and fire Marrone which I doubt they will I rather see them go for a NFL coach. If they ever went back to college coach I would like to see them go after Gus Malzahn.

Also Marc trestman sucks the guy couldnt do anything with the talent he had in Chicago why would you want him here? Lovie Smith handed him the keys to a team with a consistent winning record and last had a 10-6 record and he is just turned it in to a 3 win team.

Thanks Max
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:
As for David Shaw I do not want him he is a product of good players that Harbaugh has brought along and now that it has been a few years of Davids own recruits and Luck gone shows that he isnt that good of a coach. Stanford has been a shell of its self. If bills go ahead and fire Marrone which I doubt they will I rather see them go for a NFL coach. If they ever went back to college coach I would like to see them go after Gus Malzahn.

Also Marc trestman sucks the guy couldnt do anything with the talent he had in Chicago why would you want him here? Lovie Smith handed him the keys to a team with a consistent winning record and last had a 10-6 record and he is just turned it in to a 3 win team.

There so many thing wrong with this I don't know where to begin.

Trestman doesn't suck, he may not be HC material but he is one of the best offensive minds in the game.

The Bears offense in 2013 was 2nd best scoring offense in the league behind only Denver. And they broke many team records yards, passing yards, touchdowns and first downs. All en route to a 9-7 year which as a first year HC is quite good.

They have sucked this year, but almost all of that can be put on the defense. You'd have to be blind to say otherwise. The issue in Chicago on offense is Cutler, not Trestman. Should he be fired he'll be one of the most sought after OC in the game.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say Sam Bradford on a incentive laced contract would be my preference. Jay Cutler is a bum tyed into a ridiculous contract.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillsGuy82 wrote:
I'd say Sam Bradford on a incentive laced contract would be my preference. Jay Cutler is a bum tyed into a ridiculous contract.

You mean like how the Rams were tied to an injury prone starter for years to a ridiculous contract in Bradford?

In the case of the Bills, without a first round pick, Marrone needs to start winning now. Most coaches get one shot at picking a franchise QB, you miss, youre out of a job. Buffalo right now is on the outside looking in for playoff spot and could be entering the FA and Draft without a 1st Round Pick to get a starter. Trading for Cutler might be the thing that saves Trestmans job is Cutler makes the push to get them to the playoffs. And despite Cutlers shortcomings, he still has the talent to do that.

Look at it this way. What seperates Eli Manning and Jay Cutler exactly? And honestly, do you think a guy like Bradford brings more than Cutler? Bradford literally shows no ability to stay healthy and these injuries are like sapping his physical ability. Honestly, if Cutler is available, he could easily be the best QB you could get this offseason.

The other way to look at it is you have to win in your division to be a playoff contender. Cutler could easily be the 2nd best QB in this division over Tannehill and whoever New Yorks QB is.
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. Hell no. Getting Jay Cutler in any capacity would be a terrible idea.

Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PacAttack04 wrote:
BillsGuy82 wrote:

You mean like how the Rams were tied to an injury prone starter for years to a ridiculous contract in Bradford?

In the case of the Bills, without a first round pick, Marrone needs to start winning now. Most coaches get one shot at picking a franchise QB, you miss, youre out of a job. Buffalo right now is on the outside looking in for playoff spot and could be entering the FA and Draft without a 1st Round Pick to get a starter. Trading for Cutler might be the thing that saves Trestmans job is Cutler makes the push to get them to the playoffs. And despite Cutlers shortcomings, he still has the talent to do that.

Look at it this way. What seperates Eli Manning and Jay Cutler exactly? And honestly, do you think a guy like Bradford brings more than Cutler? Bradford literally shows no ability to stay healthy and these injuries are like sapping his physical ability. Honestly, if Cutler is available, he could easily be the best QB you could get this offseason.

The other way to look at it is you have to win in your division to be a playoff contender. Cutler could easily be the 2nd best QB in this division over Tannehill and whoever New Yorks QB is.

This guy just doesn't get it.. Sam Bradford got a rookie contract before the wage scale and Cutler is owed 15 million in guaranteed money. Why would we take on that salary when Dareus, Hughes and Spikes are ALL due raises almost immediately.

It's not about who is the better talent it's about what makes the most sense for our franchise.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im not really up for cutler either honestly i started this post to see what people thought about the idea and to see if people thought the same way i did. I'm more up for a QB coming off a rookie contract looking for a second opportunity like a sam bradford or a jake locker, or drafting a QB in the 3rd or 4th round like a Bryce Petty.
Tk3

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still think the move is to draft in the 3/4 rounds and sit him for at least a season behind Orton..

Utah QB Travis Wilson continues to be my pick, but Sean Mannion is another name that is on my radar..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: