Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Players that the new coaching staff might bring over
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cdavls17

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:52 pm    Post subject: Players that the new coaching staff might bring over Reply with quote

I wanted to make a thread as I have seen on threads scattered here and there on players you guys think might come over to the bills cause of the new coaches.

Mannish Mehta a new york jets blogger is already claiming that David Harris LB of Jets will be the 1st person to come to Buffalo as he is a FA and Rex likes him a lot. Which means that Brandon Spikes won't be there in 2015 which I think is a mistake.

Other possibilities per my opinion from Jets are Dawan Landry Safety, John Connor FB/Special teamer, and Kendrick Ellis DT.

For the Niners I could see them bringing Iupati OG over as he knows the system Roman wants to run and bills are in desperate need of a good guard, Gore if they want another veteran rb to help out with fjax, brown, and boobie. Vernon Davis could be a guy if cut as our passing game wouldn't be ideal this year and davis could be a safety blanket for EJ. Crabtree bring that veteran presence over for the wr corps and depth. Way outside of the box and I am not saying I want it but maybe gabbert since he knows romans system and he could be a back up qb to Ej if he is our guy.

Thanks Max
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was actually debating on posting a post Rex/Roman mock off season but this works.

I could see more SF players coming than Jets players so I will start there. Mike Iupati just makes too much sense. We need a OG and he knows the system. Personally I think the 9ers will explore trading Vernon Davis but end up releasing him. I don't see him being a long term fit there and most fans there are OK with Carrier starting. Davis fills a needs, is an upgrade, knows the system and needs a change in scenery.

I don't feel there is room for David Harris unless we don't resign Brandon Spikes, which would be just idiotic from our standpoint. Ideally I would prefer Brown/Spikes/Alonso and maybe explore selling high on Nigel Bradham. I look at a team like Dallas who needs help at LB and he could land a 2015 and 16 3rd round pick.

I had a convo earlier talking if Darrelle Revis would be willing to join Rex in Buffalo. It just wouldn't be fair adding Revis to our defense and pass rush. CB isn't a need but you have to wonder with our cap space and Rex Ryan calling the shots lol.

And would Rex Ryan have the balls to bring in Mark Sanchez and troll the [inappropriate/removed] of the Jets? I believe Sanchez is an upgrade over Orton and IF this regime is comfortable with EJ Manuel than were gonna need a capable QB behind him.

NT Kendrick Ellis makes sense too. Although not really a need

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I appears that Manning is either retiring or on the way out from Denver.

Go for him if he doesn't retire. Him at 60% is better than anything we've had here since Kelly retired.

Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL
leeevans83d

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill Callahan from Dallas sounds like a great fit for us. Really want him here.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get the Mark Sanchez talk.

Isn't this the same Sanchez that Rex put in the 4th quarter of a pre-season game and that was the last he saw of him? Like, they didn't exactly part on amicable terms.

Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:
I don't get the Mark Sanchez talk.

Isn't this the same Sanchez that Rex put in the 4th quarter of a pre-season game and that was the last he saw of him? Like, they didn't exactly part on amicable terms.

IIRC that was during a QB competition. I could be wrong.

I don't see David Harris landing here, and I would need a more reliable source to talk about it for me to believe it. Rex loves the way Spikes plays, he has publicly stated that.

Mike Iuapti will happen. John Connor makes sense, that could spell trouble for Marqueis Gray as we likely won't use an H-back anymore.

Would be amazing to have Vernon Davis for a few years to help us out.

That awkward moment a team "lands" Marrone as their big coaching move.
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davis would be cheap. I see no reason not to bring him in.

We have $25+ Million in cap space before cuts. We can make a lot of good moves and be in a position to do some great things in 2015.

Next year at the very least we can play spoiler for a few teams, and depending on if EJ looks any better at all, we might be able to fight our way into December relevance again. Though I have a lot more faith in Rex in that position than Marrone.

Can I just say again how hilarious it is that Marrone quit on us to go take a Jets job that was basically handed to him on a silver platter and still managed to screw up the interview to the point where he won't even be a coach next year? Because I think that's pretty great.

BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:

We have $25+ Million in cap space before cuts. We can make a lot of good moves and be in a position to do some great things in 2015.

Next year at the very least we can play spoiler for a few teams, and depending on if EJ looks any better at all, we might be able to fight our way into December relevance again. Though I have a lot more faith in Rex in that position than Marrone.

Can I just say again how hilarious it is that Marrone quit on us to go take a Jets job that was basically handed to him on a silver platter and still managed to screw up the interview to the point where he won't even be a coach next year? Because I think that's pretty great.

Haha yea, Marrone might have screwed himself out if ever being a HC again unless he flourishes as a OC. If we keep Schwartz were gonna have a very good coaching staff.. I'm very pleased.

Also is that 25 million including the 8 we save from Mike Williams?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillsGuy82 wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:

Haha yea, Marrone might have screwed himself out if ever being a HC again unless he flourishes as a OC. If we keep Schwartz were gonna have a very good coaching staff.. I'm very pleased.

Yes, our current cap space is just over 25 million. With the Mike Williams cut counting.

Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:
BillsGuy82 wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:

Yes, our current cap space is just over 25 million. With the Mike Williams cut counting.

Keith Rivers can free up 1.6 mil
Kraig Urbik can free up 2.5 mil

That awkward moment a team "lands" Marrone as their big coaching move.
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:
BillsGuy82 wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:

Keith Rivers can free up 1.6 mil
Kraig Urbik can free up 2.5 mil
Laughing I literally JUST did those guys and Chris Williams on the cap calculator.

Yeah we can free up another 5 Mil or so by making a few smart cuts. Honestly we're in such a great position right now, if we Draft well this year. Watch out NFL in 2016.

leeevans83d

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be shocked if Pears doesn't get cut either.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need to keep some depth and continuity at OL. So I think Pears manages to stay.

TommyC376

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

leeevans83d wrote:
Bill Callahan from Dallas sounds like a great fit for us. Really want him here.
Yes. This. Actually a blind kitten is better than Pat Morris

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id love to keep B. Spikes but if he leaves and we can get David Harris I wouldn't be mad at all.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: