Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

How can the Bills make the playoffs?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
y*so*blu

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:49 am    Post subject: How can the Bills make the playoffs? Reply with quote

I've been monkeying with the Playoff Machine for a while, and so far the only way I can see Buffalo making the postseason is if they go undefeated the rest of the season (in which case they could actually get a 1st-round bye), or lose to Denver but beat everyone else while another team like San Diego fades down the stretch. If you guys have found other ways it could happen, I'd be interested to see 'em!

(Man, what a ride it would be if they DID make the playoffs. Who knows, they could be a Cinderella team like New England in '01, where teamwork and momentum just carries them all the way.)
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've found ways were they could go 9-7 and make the playoffs... But I think the goal is 10 wins. Gonna be hard. Gotta hope Patriots win a bye and rests starters and we upset Packers or Broncos.

Technically we could even still beat Patriots for division. If they lose to Dolphins or Chargers and to us. Then we are right there. But that'll be the hard way

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have to go 3-1 to finish the season

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillsGuy82 wrote:
We have to go 3-1 to finish the season

This, and ideally the loss is to Green Bay so we finish with a 7-5 AFC record.

However I have found ways for us to be 10-6 and 6-6 on the AFC and still get in.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They just need to win out from here on. The bills defense is only giving up an average of 18 points a game if they can keep brady manning and rodgers in the 3 touchdown range then they have a shot at winning these games but it is possibly the hardest schedule left for any afc team. Media is saying bills finish at best 8-8 i hope they can prove them wrong and win out. That kansas city game is biting us in the u know what right now cause the bills could be in the driver sat at 8-4 and not having to worry about teams winning or losing.

Thanks Max
QuinneyluvsNFL

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah obviously getting the playoffs would be great, but I just can't see us working our way in when it's this competitive. This year has definitely been an improvement (even if we finish 8-8 this season, it's the first time we've hit .500 since 2004 when we finished 7-9) and I just hope we come back even stronger next year.

I have been a fan of this team for 6 seasons now and I have never seen us go above 6 wins until now, it feels good!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QuinneyluvsNFL wrote:
Yeah obviously getting the playoffs would be great, but I just can't see us working our way in when it's this competitive. This year has definitely been an improvement (even if we finish 8-8 this season, it's the first time we've hit .500 since 2004 when we finished 7-9) and I just hope we come back even stronger next year.

I have been a fan of this team for 6 seasons now and I have never seen us go above 6 wins until now, it feels good!

Math is hard Wink

Just kidding, we all know what you mean haha

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These scenarios are all pretty wild and outlandish until we see what happens on Sunday. If we beat the Broncos, all bets are off and none of us quite knew what this team was capable of. Gonna be a loooong four days.
QuinneyluvsNFL

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
QuinneyluvsNFL wrote:

Math is hard Wink

Just kidding, we all know what you mean haha

I had to do a triple take to work out where I went wrong, I am not with it today!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:
They just need to win out from here on. The bills defense is only giving up an average of 18 points a game if they can keep brady manning and rodgers in the 3 touchdown range then they have a shot at winning these games but it is possibly the hardest schedule left for any afc team. Media is saying bills finish at best 8-8 i hope they can prove them wrong and win out. That kansas city game is biting us in the u know what right now cause the bills could be in the driver sat at 8-4 and not having to worry about teams winning or losing.

I do agree that we let the KC game slip away, but we also were lucky to beat the Lions and Vikings, so I think 7-5 is right where we should be.

I think this is a big measuring stick game. If we can hang with or even beat the Broncos, I think that bodes well for the rest of the season and for next season. Manning, Rodgers, and Brady are the type of QB's that will make our defense prove if it is for real or not.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need to win out to guarantee a shot (if we win out we have a chance at the division if the Chargers and Phish do us some favors). Realistically, we need to win 3/4 and be sitting at 10-6 to have a shot. With how stacked the AFC is this year, 9-7 isn't getting it done.

Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL
jb_gobills

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
Technically we could even still beat Patriots for division. If they lose to Dolphins or Chargers and to us. Then we are right there. But that'll be the hard way

Yeah, either way it won't be easy... it would be pretty sweet though for the Bills to control their own destiny with three weeks left to play if the Pats were to lose this weekend.

^Jamison.
Where else would you rather be than right here, right now?
When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jb_gobills wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:

Yeah, either way it won't be easy... it would be pretty sweet though for the Bills to control their own destiny with three weeks left to play if the Pats were to lose this weekend.
Go Chargers.

Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL
xian3000

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The statistic that keeps me from carrying much optimism for this weekend is the way our awesome defense has performed against the elite QB's we've played this year.

We've present little challenge to Phillip Rivers and Tom Brady. We have dominated at times vs Tannehill, Bridgewater, Geno/Vick, Hoyer ect.

This makes me feel like this weekend could just serve as a reminder that our very talented D has limits. Make no mistake, I'm really hoping that they surprise everyone and play lights out despite a hall of fame QB.
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we win out, and the Patriots lose today @SD as well as against us (because we won out) we would win the division at 11-5.

That's also assuming Miami loses at least 2 games (Bal, @ NE, Minn, NYJ)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: