Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Quick Masters Mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TommyC376

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:53 am    Post subject: Quick Masters Mock Reply with quote

Golf is boring, football isn't.

Round 1: Jake Matthews - OT - Texas A&M
- We need to keep EJ upright and what better way than to grab a stud RT. Matthews will help in the pass game, but I think more importantly he will help in the run game more.

Round 2: Scott Crichton - DE - Oregon St.
- I'm not sold on Jerry Hughes or Manny Lawson being an everydown DE. They are both good situational pass rushers, but lets be honest the only true DE on the roster worth mentioning is Mario Williams. Crichton will give the Bills a better option to line up opposite M. Williams. Crichton has the size (6'3" 273) and athleticism to become a solid DE in this defense.

Round 3: Troy Niklas - TE - Notre Dame
- With the addition of Mike Williams, the need for a big pass catcher decreases just a little bit IMO. Scott Chandler is no slouch either. Niklas is a big athletic TE that Buffalo has been lacking for years. He would come in year one and play second fiddle to Chandler, I think Niklas would be a good redzone threat his rookie year.

Round 4: Cory Latimer - WR - Indiana
- Latimer has solid size (6'3" 215) and speed (4.38 pro day). He is a developmental prospect with a pretty high ceiling. The knock on hims coming out was his athleticism but I think he proved that wrong with a 4.38 40 and a very good vertical at IU's pro day. Latimer comes from a basketball background and uses his size to shield off smaller DBs. He is also a natural hands catcher.

Round 5: Andre Williams - RB - Boston College
- Buffalo was the first to interview Williams at the combine. Fred Jackson is getting up there in age and we arent sure how much he has left in the tank (prove me wrong Freddy). But we may need to draft a replacement for him. Williams isnt a good pass catcher at all which is why he had 0 recs last year. We dont need Williams to catch the ball, we have a guy named CJ Spiller who can do that. What Buffalo lacked last year was a short yardage back (Frank Summers did an okay job but it wasnt enough) Williams is a big 5'11" 230 power back who can pick up yards after first contact.

Round 7: Andrew Norwell - OT/OG - Ohio St.
Need line depth - is a decent pass protector

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My only worry is I think Niklas might go in the 2nd now, with Ebron as the only 1st rd talent, I think ASJ, Amaro, and Niklas all go in the 2nd, might even reach for one in the bottom of the 1st.

Adopt-A-Bills:
RB C.J. Spiller - 927 yds, 4.6 ypc, 33 rec, 185 yds, 2 TD
DE/OLB Jerry Hughes - 46 tckls, 10 SCK, 2 FF
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea I'm hoping to get a TE at 41 if we draft Matthews at 9.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not so sure about a DE in the 2nd... Manny will be the DE on the first two downs and Jerry on 3rd down. I think they will compliment each other well. Lawson is better at setting the edge and stopping the run while Jerry is a better pass rusher

We seem to be looking to add another CB as well. Maybe ASJ in the 2nd and a CB in the 3rd and it will look very good.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definately see us adding a DE but not at 41. If Matthews were to drop to 9 I would be Ok with even trading back into the first for ASJ or Amaro

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Matthews pick, build around EJ and if he can't get it done the Bills will have a team in place for a new guy. Latimer from Indiana is going to go higher than that I think. I'm pretty sure he's been sky rocketing up the boards lately and most have him going in the 2nd along with the TE from ND. If somehow your mock did come true that would be great.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: