Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 2 GDT: Welcome Home Mr. & Mrs. Pegula!
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leeevans83d

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:12 pm    Post subject: Week 2 GDT: Welcome Home Mr. & Mrs. Pegula! Reply with quote

Miami's thread already has theirs up so I may as well make ours!

Both teams are 1-0 and both coming off huge wins. The home field advantage should be at its very best due to the awesome win in Chicago last week and the GREAT news that we are staying in Buffalo for a very long time to come. Thanks again to the Pegula's!

The Ralph will be hostile for any road team this week, and especially the Phins. (And in case anyone didn't know, we are wearing the all white throwbacks for this game.)

As always, I hope for no injuries on either team.

And lastly, Let's Squish the Fish!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We swept them last year cause they couldn't slow down our pass rush at all... And to be honest I still don't think they have a shot against our Dline. Schwartz better be ready to dial up the blitz... Especially with Roby!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
We swept them last year cause they couldn't slow down our pass rush at all... And to be honest I still don't think they have a shot against our Dline. Schwartz better be ready to dial up the blitz... Especially with Roby!
Should have one last week(damn your shovel pass Jay) so hopefully he gets one this week. If our offense can have a similar performance from last week I feel confident in us getting a win.

The night is dark and full of terrors.
leeevans83d

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved how we blitzed them on just about every 3rd down last year in the shut-out game. I think we had 9 sacks or something awesome like that. If we go into this game with a similar aggressive defensive gameplan, it should do wonders.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe Philbin is 1-3 against the Bills, hopefully it will be 1-4 come Sunday around four oclock.

Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both teams coming off emotional wins and both need this win to make a legitimate push for the playoffs (seems weird saying that in week 2 eh?)

Nonetheless, I think home-field advantage is the difference maker in this one. The Ralph will just be rockin this Sunday.

Bills 31
Phins 20

I'm all about my BILLS, I'm on my Stevie Johnson .... I mean Sammy Watkins.
Dolfan4life822

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:

You would love to believe that our o-line is as bad as last season, but last week we only gave up 1 sack against that free agent studded pats defense. All while having just shy of 200 rushing yards. Also worth noting is the utilization of Bill Lazor calling screen plays, and Moreno being very good in pass pro I think we can slow down the pass rush enough to give the offense a chance to score while the defense stands strong. This offensive line is 100% an improvement over last season's unit and will be a good test.

Gonna be a close game, both teams are pretty evenly matched and I don't see one particular matchup that is a huge advantage for one team. Gonna come down to coaching, execution and who has less turnovers IMO.

^^Matthouston91^^
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolfan4life822 wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:

You would love to believe that our o-line is as bad as last season, but last week we only gave up 1 sack against that free agent studded pats defense. All while having just shy of 200 rushing yards. Also worth noting is the utilization of Bill Lazor calling screen plays, and Moreno being very good in pass pro I think we can slow down the pass rush enough to give the offense a chance to score while the defense stands strong. This offensive line is 100% an improvement over last season's unit and will be a good test.

Gonna be a close game, both teams are pretty evenly matched and I don't see one particular matchup that is a huge advantage for one team. Gonna come down to coaching, execution and who has less turnovers IMO.

We also have over 2x the D-line depth that they have so.
cdavls17

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahahahaha Star studded, is this guy for real? They have one of the oldest defenses in the league, they only have Chandler Jones who is capable of doing something on the front 7. Revis looks like a shell of himself. I cant stand dolphin fans most of them are oblivious to reality. I live in South Florida and when they win its like they throw a parade but when they lose its like im not a fan of football or I root for so and so not the dolphins. Worst fan base ever 0 loyalty and you can see it when you watch their home games on tv where no one is in the stands. Cannot wait to face them Nov 13th cause 65% of the fans will be bills fans and Ill be one of them.

Now that I stopped laughing the bills need to put the pressure on Tanny and not play conservative like they were against Chicago. Schwartz needs to get in the mindset of attacking.

Bills offense shouldn't have major issues on running the ball as they do not have 1 of the starting 3 Linebackers playing this week as ellerbe is on IR and both Misi and Wheeler already have been officially out for injuries. However they have a new scheme that I saw last week using a 5 dline and 2 lb throwing in an addional DT at some point and DE at other times. Throwing some screens to CJ could be a good way to break up this defensive scheme.

I liked how Ej didnt force alot of passes last week and threw the ball away if he comes in there with the same thought process and not force some plays then the bills could be in good shape. Another thing I saw was that the bills slowed down on each play last year they were doing the fast tempo offense and usually were going 3 and out with in a minute which tired their defense. Not the bills have slowed it down which calmed EJ down and gave time for the defense to rest. I hope they keep this up moving forward.

Let's win this for Ralph and show the Pegula's what the Bills are about!

Thanks Max
Dolfan4life822

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:
Hahahahaha Star studded, is this guy for real? They have one of the oldest defenses in the league, they only have Chandler Jones who is capable of doing something on the front 7. Revis looks like a shell of himself. I cant stand dolphin fans most of them are oblivious to reality. I live in South Florida and when they win its like they throw a parade but when they lose its like im not a fan of football or I root for so and so not the dolphins. Worst fan base ever 0 loyalty and you can see it when you watch their home games on tv where no one is in the stands. Cannot wait to face them Nov 13th cause 65% of the fans will be bills fans and Ill be one of them.

Now that I stopped laughing the bills need to put the pressure on Tanny and not play conservative like they were against Chicago. Schwartz needs to get in the mindset of attacking.

Bills offense shouldn't have major issues on running the ball as they do not have 1 of the starting 3 Linebackers playing this week as ellerbe is on IR and both Misi and Wheeler already have been officially out for injuries. However they have a new scheme that I saw last week using a 5 dline and 2 lb throwing in an addional DT at some point and DE at other times. Throwing some screens to CJ could be a good way to break up this defensive scheme.

I liked how Ej didnt force alot of passes last week and threw the ball away if he comes in there with the same thought process and not force some plays then the bills could be in good shape. Another thing I saw was that the bills slowed down on each play last year they were doing the fast tempo offense and usually were going 3 and out with in a minute which tired their defense. Not the bills have slowed it down which calmed EJ down and gave time for the defense to rest. I hope they keep this up moving forward.

Actually, I said free agent studded. Not star. And what I meant by that was that they had signed a lot of high profile free agents and were being projected as a top 5 defense by most people, including a bunch on this very forum. I knew somebody would read that and not realize it was sarcasm. But nonetheless the pats don't have a bad defense and we did very well, and would have put up way more points if it wasn't for fumbles. Just dominated the line of scrimmage all game.

Also is there a point to just going on off Dolphins fans because I posted something of my opinion and did not bash or belittle your team in any fashion? Keep it classy pal.

^^Matthouston91^^

Last edited by Dolfan4life822 on Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
BigBillsFan13

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolfan4life822 wrote:
cdavls17 wrote:

Actually, I said free agent studded. Not star. And what I meant by that was that they had signed a lot of high profile free agents and were being projected as a top 5 defense by most people, including a bunch on this very forum. I knew somebody would read that and not realize it was sarcasm. But nonetheless the pats don't have a bad defense and we did very well, and would have put up way more points if it wasn't for fumbles. Just dominated the line of scrimmage all game.

Also is there a point to just going on off Dolphins fans because I posted something of my opinion and did not bash or belittle your team in any fashion? Keep it classy pal.

I'll agree that the Pats don't have a bad defense, but our pass rush is far and away better, and even though we lost Kiko, the addition of Spikes and the 'emergence' of Roby, I firmly believe our overall D is better than NE's as well. Plus, we shut down a very good Bears offense, which has the potential to put up big numbers this year. And I'm not discounting you guys by any means, because your offense could do really well, but Chicago has a top 4 RB (that was held to 82 yds), maybe the best WR duo (142 yds combined), and a QB capable of throwing for 4,500 + yards. Cutler had some success against us, but we also picked him off twice. Nothing against Tanny (who I actually like a lot), but Cutler is a better QB at this point in their careers, and has better weapons.

I also agree that it'll be a close game. Both teams are coming off big wins, and looking to stay atop the division. Both coaches will have their guys ready, and I think it'll be a hard fought game. I think shutting down Moreno and the running game (like we did against CHI), and making Tanny beat us, will be key.

In the end, I see us pulling out a W, but not by too much.

Bills - 24
Phins - 17
BBF doesn't get run over by cars, cars get run over by BBF
bizell

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bills are notorious for looking good one week and raising our hopes, then sucking the next. as much as i hate to say this i think miami wins.

sig by sucka steve
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolfan4life822 wrote:
cdavls17 wrote:

Saw the game and the bolded above is true. Was a very impressive performance. Prior to the change in ownership, I would have given the edge to the Phins in this game, but as others have said, the Ralph is going to be insane now. Gonna be a very hostile environment for other teams and our D, especially, is going to feed off of that. I still expect a close game, maybe even another OT one. Bills by 3.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the home field advantage is being overstated a bit.
LeeEvans

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:
I think the home field advantage is being overstated a bit.
How about the fact we swept you last year? Wink

Think it will be a real close game though. An early turnover would really be a great start. I'm looking for Scott Chandler to have a big game. Our productive, veteran te against a depleted lb core looks like a good opportunity although it sounds like the backups played well against NE.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 1 of 26

Jump to: