Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Robert Griffen III ??
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:28 am    Post subject: Robert Griffen III ?? Reply with quote

Seems like his days in Washington will be numbered.

I've been thinking, considering the state of our team (a QB away from contention) and what will possibly be available (Orton, Bradford and Cutler), I would like us to take a nice hard look and RG3.

I am not ready to write him off as finished in this league just yet. Thoughts?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to Ian Rappaport today on NFL the Redskins have not yet given up on him, or at least most people within the organization haven't. I've actually heard rumours Gruden could be one and done.

Anyways, for a 4th (which we may get from San Fran but then lose to Philly or something) I would trade for him. Throw in a conditional 2016 pick.

Heck, I'd trade our 5th and Manuel for RG3 lol. I don't think he is that good, but with a change of scenery and getting 100% healthy both physically and mentally he can be a good QB.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
According to Ian Rappaport today on NFL the Redskins have not yet given up on him, or at least most people within the organization haven't. I've actually heard rumours Gruden could be one and done.

Anyways, for a 4th (which we may get from San Fran but then lose to Philly or something) I would trade for him. Throw in a conditional 2016 pick.

Heck, I'd trade our 5th and Manuel for RG3 lol. I don't think he is that good, but with a change of scenery and getting 100% healthy both physically and mentally he can be a good QB.

Ive read multiple articles albeit on FB that his days are done and the asking price be nothing more than a 3rd+ conditional.

With an elite defense, and developed weapons, why not? I expect our OLine to be better as well.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I'd rather just try and fix EJ than try and fix RGIII.

We don't need another reclamation project or a raw guy we think can turn into something. If we bring in a QB it's Cam, Bradford, or bust IMO.

Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:

We don't need another reclamation project or a raw guy we think can turn into something. If we bring in a QB it's Cam, Bradford, or bust IMO.

These guys right here could solve all our issues.

Newton is due just over 14 mil next season and there is a lot of talk that he'll be cut or traded. Depending on the price I would trade for him in a heartbeat. Chud coming in as OC would be icing on the cake.

Sign Newton to a 4 year extension worth about 40 mil and have it include incentives (like playoffs, 10 wins a season, pro bowls ect ect). The kid will be just 26 this May and he could really thrive with our weapons.

Grabbing Newton somehow, re-signign Hughes, Seacy, Hogan and using our 2nd on a Guard or Tackle would make us a legitimate contender IMO.

I am really in the Christmas spirit today Wink

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:

These guys right here could solve all our issues.

Newton is due just over 14 mil next season and there is a lot of talk that he'll be cut or traded. Depending on the price I would trade for him in a heartbeat. Chud coming in as OC would be icing on the cake.

Sign Newton to a 4 year extension worth about 40 mil and have it include incentives (like playoffs, 10 wins a season, pro bowls ect ect). The kid will be just 26 this May and he could really thrive with our weapons.

Grabbing Newton somehow, re-signign Hughes, Seacy, Hogan and using our 2nd on a Guard or Tackle would make us a legitimate contender IMO.

I am really in the Christmas spirit today Wink

I second this. Pray Pray Pray Pray Pray Pray Pray

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Who got that sack? Cameron Jordan? Jordan Cameron? Michael Jordan? Cam Cameron? IM SO CONFUSED!
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would legit start crying if we got Cam.

He's a superstar QB, a franchise level player who would immediately have the most talent around him he's ever had if he came to play for us. It makes too much sense, new FO in Carolina hopefully wants to go in a new direction because if we can get Cam here and keep him healthy... my god our offense would be one of the most dynamic in the league. Add that to our stellar defense and well, that's suddenly a team that can compete for a lot more than just being relevant in December.

I want Cam here more than words can express, if we can land him it'll be the best thing this Franchise has done in the past 20 years, bar none.

Chud would also be a great addition, but even if it's just Cam, that's all I really want.

Yibbyl

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also would be thrilled to get Cam Newton for next season. However, where is all this talk about him even being available coming from? Per Sportrac, he isn't even mentioned in the FA list!

http://www.spotrac.com/free-agents/nfl/quarterback/

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yibbyl wrote:
I also would be thrilled to get Cam Newton for next season. However, where is all this talk about him even being available coming from? Per Sportrac, he isn't even mentioned in the FA list!

He isn't a free agent until 2016 as Carolina picked up his 5th year option. However, it's worth 14.6 million and if they bring in a new regime, new coach and decide to go a new direction, Newton could become available.

He hasn't taken the steps some thought he would/should and if they start all over and have a top 10 pick, they may decide to go get "their" guy at a much cheaper rate.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
Yibbyl wrote:

He isn't a free agent until 2016 as Carolina picked up his 5th year option. However, it's worth 14.6 million and if they bring in a new regime, new coach and decide to go a new direction, Newton could become available.

He hasn't taken the steps some thought he would/should and if they start all over and have a top 10 pick, they may decide to go get "their" guy at a much cheaper rate.
People around the league have said that they don't believe the new regime will want to try and see if he's actually broken or if the circumstances of his surrounding talent are to blame. Plus there are murmurs that he wants out, himself, which who could really blame him?

It's bee rumored pretty heavily, It's a pipe dream for sure, but I want it to be true so badly. Crying or Very sad

Yibbyl

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:
Trentwannabe wrote:
Yibbyl wrote:

People around the league have said that they don't believe the new regime will want to try and see if he's actually broken or if the circumstances of his surrounding talent are to blame. Plus there are murmurs that he wants out, himself, which who could really blame him?

It's bee rumored pretty heavily, It's a pipe dream for sure, but I want it to be true so badly. Crying or Very sad

Huh, if I was the new Panthers GM or HC, there is no way I would let him get away! The position is such an important one and finding a quality starter is certainly not an easy task (and this year's rookie crop of QB's looks especially weak), I just can't see cutting him loose. Is he elite? Probably not, but I think it's fair to say his skill set is better than the NFL average. Taking over a team that has just had a disappointing season, I'd totally be relying on him as a key building block to lead the offense. Still, as I said before, if he is available, I'd love to see the Bills sign him...just not holding my breath.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Carolina Panthers are not gonna release Cam Newton, it is just not gonna happen. If they land a top 10 pick a new regime will just load up an already established Cam Newton.

Realistically the big names on the market are gonna be Sam Bradford, RG3 and Brian Hoyer? A wildcard would be Colin Kaepernick

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rg3 isnt as raw as Ej is. I think Rg3 still has a chance but with an idiot of an owner in Sneider constantly pushing the guy to play even when he wasnt 100% just shows how bad he was managed in Washington. He has to go somewhere where the offense fits him. It doesnt fit Gruden's mold and Mccoy seems like a better fit then it does for RG3 in that offense. Whether he would fit here is another question. Which comes down to who will be the OC next year as I think Hackett is on his way out. With that said I am unsure the redskins will say goodbye to him until 2016 offseason as they gave up so much to get him and dont want to give up on him already.

Cam Newton could be on his way out whether the Panthers like it or not as he is due a big contract and franchising him would cost over 20 million which they do not have as their defense has alot of money tied up and Kuechly is due a new contract as well. Newton will cost to much for us to bring in and I rather take that money and spend it on hughes spikes and/or dareus then blow it on cam.

Thanks Max
CatzRB21

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. I would love Cam newton or Robert Griffin |||

I would rather Cam Newton but there is a very small chance we can get him so we should go with RG|||.
jsnydes

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No chance Cam goes anywhere. That team is HORRIBLE. The worst Offensive line, horrible secondary, 1 NFL caliber WR, 2 bad RBs that make too much $$. Cam is the only thing they have.

RG3 needs to start from scratch. The only time I've ever seen that happen was when Mike Vick went to Prison. He came out and dedicated himself to the fundamentals. I highly doubt RG3 can do that. He thinks he is the man. In reality, he is the problem.

TommyC376^^^

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: