Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft targets at #50 and #81?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Suffering_Bills

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:05 am    Post subject: Draft targets at #50 and #81? Reply with quote

Yes, I know. We'll have to wait and see who's still on the board by the time we pick. Granted.
However, we can probably whittle it down a BIT.
With our 2nd and 3rd-rounders, I think it's safe to say we won't be selecting a QB or RB. I doubt any rookie signal-caller would be an immediate upgrade over what we currently have, and we have 4 RB's on our roster.
With Charles Clay just about on board, I think we can rule out tight end, also.
Our D-line is our strongest group, so scratch that, as well.
Safety or linebacker is POSSIBLE, so I won't rule it out completely.
After signing Harvin, forget about drafting a WR early.
So-! Based on positional need, and who's likely to still be on the board, I think our best bet in this draft is to go O-line with our 2nd and 3rd-round selections. We are a team that plans on running the football... quite a lot.
Some possible options in the 2nd might include:
1. Laken Tomlinson, OG, Duke.
2. Jeremiah Poutasi, OT/OG, Utah.
3. Ali Marpet, OT/OG/C?, Hobart.
I'd be happy with any of those three, even Marpet. His stock is soaring.

Now, as per the 3rd round?
Best overall offensive lineman on the board.
This is my take on what we should do. Comments?
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd add John Miller from Louisville. Apparently he came in for a visit and we went to his pro-day.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
I'd add John Miller from Louisville. Apparently he came in for a visit and we went to his pro-day.

As a 2nd or 3rd round target?
timjr3954

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need a qb in the 2nd a qb in the 3rd and a qb in the 5th!! But seriously the positions to target should be anywhere on the o-line maybe Maxx Williams if he falls to us in the second Roman ran a lot of 2 te sets in san fran so might be a fit also Wouldn't sleep on a DT Kyle Williams isn't getting any younger.

My hope is 2nd rd Larken Tomlinson (G) Jake Fisher (OT) Maxx Williams (TE)
3rd Bryce Petty or Garrett Grayson (QB) or Tre Jackson (G)
5th Olive Walford or Sean Mannion (QB)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want AJ Cann, Laken Tomlinson or Clive Warford (doubt both G's are gone so TE is unlikely) in the 2nd in that order.

In the third, we need to grab a safety. I think there are a few here, hoping for Holliman out of Louisville.

LeeEvans

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

timjr3954 wrote:
We need a qb in the 2nd a qb in the 3rd and a qb in the 5th!! But seriously the positions to target should be anywhere on the o-line maybe Maxx Williams if he falls to us in the second Roman ran a lot of 2 te sets in san fran so might be a fit also Wouldn't sleep on a DT Kyle Williams isn't getting any younger.

No way Bryce slips to the third, he might even rise up to the bottom of the 1st. I like Sean Mannion later in the draft like you put. He wasn't great last season but when he had some talent around him(Cooks) he was great.

The night is dark and full of terrors.
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sean Mannion sucks. He suuuuuuuuuuucks. I do not even want him as a UDFA camp arm.

He. Is. Crap.

Petty or bust. Hundley is EJ 2.0 (a huge project), and nobody else is worth taking before the 4th and by then no QB is worth taking at all. At least for us.

Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL
cdavls17

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thelonebillsfan you are completely off on Ej and Hundley the only thing they have in common is the color of their skin. Hunley lives off his legs and is far more mobile then Ej is. Ej is a pocket passer first then run 2nd. To say petty or bust is a bit extreme. I remember alot of people wanting the bills to take nassib or barkley at 8 or the draft would suck. Honestly if petty is there but a top guard is available i rather focus on a guard and fix the oline before taking a qb who cant start right away. Bills are in win now motion and I find it hard to believe the go qb with the 2 they brought in.

Thanks Max
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suffering_Bills wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:

As a 2nd or 3rd round target?
I can see him as a 3rd round pick after taking BPA in the 2nd.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:
Sean Mannion sucks. He suuuuuuuuuuucks. I do not even want him as a UDFA camp arm.

He. Is. Crap.

Petty or bust. Hundley is EJ 2.0 (a huge project), and nobody else is worth taking before the 4th and by then no QB is worth taking at all. At least for us.

What about Garrett Grayson? I've think he should be a late 3rd round pick at least.

And I've heard team day they have Mannion as there 3rd best QB and blew teams away at his pro day. I'm not buying the hype either and hope we are not the team that is in love with him and take him day 2.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2nd round board

Maxx Williams
Brett Hundley
Bryce Petty
Laken Tomlinson
AJ Cann
Jake Fisher

Other prospects I like are Clive Walford and Sean Mannion

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeeEvans wrote:
timjr3954 wrote:

No way Bryce slips to the third, he might even rise up to the bottom of the 1st. I like Sean Mannion later in the draft like you put. He wasn't great last season but when he had some talent around him(Cooks) he was great.

The only person saying Petty will be a 1st rounder is his own coach. 2nd round maybe I to think it's a long shot he is there for our 3rd pick but crazier stuff has happened or we could trade up if we really like him. As for Mannion I'm also interested in seeing him with our amazing offence considering the numbers he had with just cooks around him.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:

As far as QBs go, I agree with the bolded. I actually think he'll be the best QB out of this class, including Winston and Mariota. I want him in the 2nd.

cdavls17 wrote:
thelonebillsfan you are completely off on Ej and Hundley the only thing they have in common is the color of their skin. Hunley lives off his legs and is far more mobile then Ej is. Ej is a pocket passer first then run 2nd. To say petty or bust is a bit extreme. I remember alot of people wanting the bills to take nassib or barkley at 8 or the draft would suck. Honestly if petty is there but a top guard is available i rather focus on a guard and fix the oline before taking a qb who cant start right away. Bills are in win now motion and I find it hard to believe the go qb with the 2 they brought in.

I actually think Cyril Richardson will do very well in our new scheme. There seems to be only a few of us on here that see that, but I'd like to give him a chance first, before passing up on a QB, which is still our weakest position.

With all the weapons we've added this off season (McCoy, Harvin, Clay), a guy like Petty would thrive. He's got all the tools - big arm, smart, mobile enough to escape the pocket and gain yardage, good field vision - to have success in our offense. He wouldn't start this year anyway, so we'd still be able to add a LG (IF none of our current guys work out) before we ask him to take over next year.

My targets:
#50 - QB Bryce Petty
#81 - Best S available (Tartt/Rowe/Harris/Eskridge)

We also might want to look into a DT, as Dareus might very well leave next year.

bucsfan333 wrote:
BBF doesn't get run over by cars, cars get run over by BBF
Flaccomania wrote:
As bold as predicting SnA to settle for 1 team and as red as TLO's freshly shaven legs.
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Petty is not a 3rd rounder. Maybe in a deep draft he would be, but the need for QBs alone could push him to the top of the 1st.

I could see us going Petty at 50 and then S depth, LB depth, and OL depth (in no particular order.

IMO there are only 2 positions where the starter isn't already in place. We may have that person on the roster, but its a question mark. They're LG and QB.

QB: either Cassel or EJ will start (or someone way out from left field)

LG: I think Richardson gets the nod, Kouandjio is an option too and so is a draft pick.

iPwn wrote:
Quote:
Nobody wants to come here. That's why we were able to land Marrone, right?

That awkward moment a team "lands" Marrone as their big coaching move.
Billsfaninptown

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:

He. Is. Crap.

I hope this is hyperbole. He is the Pac 12's all time leader in passing yards. Oregon St had very little talent around him his senior year. I think he needs to improve his footwork, but I think he has a NFL arm and can be coached up. I wouldn't mind taking a late round flier on him.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: