Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tyrod Taylor in Buffalo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
philyphreak2127

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 11:44 pm    Post subject: Tyrod Taylor in Buffalo Reply with quote

Was the signing of Tyrod Taylor a good move by the Bills, wishful thinking by Rex Ryan or simply a product of a bare cupboard in free agency? In my personal opinion Taylor is on his way to success finally after playong out his rookie contract as a backup. He is not your average running quarterback in the sense that he is a solid passer as well in 4 seasons despite splitting time for most of two seasons he managed a single season record for passing tds, career records in passing yards, rushing yards and rushing tds. Now he is an offense where his two obstacles are an aging Cassel who has underperformed as of late and Ej Manuel who seems to already be on the roster bubble. The offense is full of talent with LeSean McCoy, Fred Jackson and Bryce Brown as well as a true blocking fullback be it Jerome Felton or John Connor, arguably three great WR's in Percy Harvin, Sammy Watkins, and Robert Woods and Charles Clay at tight end. The defense will keep opponents going 3 and out and a ball control/play action centered offense will only further cement Rex Ryan's plan to win the AFC East. I believe Taylor represents their best chance to win, he is a veteran QB who spent years behind Joe Flacco now paired with the same O.C. that helped Alex Smith and Colin Kaepernick turn into playoff qbs. Roman also isn't afraid to tweak his offense to the strengths of his quarterback and this will only aid in Taylor's success. I for one am excited to see the competition play out.
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he has a good chance to start. I like what I'm hearing about him.

At the end of the day I think it will probably be EJ but I could easily see Tyrod beating him and Cassel out in camp.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why would Buffalo trade 2 picks for Cassel and then not name the starter?

I keep seeing Taylor's name being brought up as a starter, and I just don't see it. He's a good 3rd string QB for you guys, or maybe a 2nd stringer if Manuel is cut.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
why would Buffalo trade 2 picks for Cassel and then not name the starter?

I keep seeing Taylor's name being brought up as a starter, and I just don't see it. He's a good 3rd string QB for you guys, or maybe a 2nd stringer if Manuel is cut.

1. They were not very high picks.
2. Matt Cassel is not a very good quarterback.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: