You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ty Law Cut
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rblevens

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AmericasTeam wrote:
RBlevens do you have a problem with a friendly argument? Why is it that whenever someone questions you, you flip out and tell them they are trying to start fights? Please grow up.

For one, I really would not like to be banned, and two, I was right in what I said.

It also pisses me off when ppl do not read what I post and write a response containing worthless drivel in it.

If you personally have a problem with me, PM me or SSS. Notice what I said about being a bigger man and that I was going to stop your attempt at a "friendly arguement" 4 posts ago...and yet you respond by telling me to grow up...I think that shows who the bigger man is...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And i was right in what i said.
Texas Ace

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want Law PERIOD. He's 31 and I want a yonuger guy AND he is in the same mold as Ronde Barber, great ZONE corners but not so much in man. Give me Lucas, Rolle, or anyone younger, just as long as it isn't a scrub.
TheStarStillShines

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Settle down you two, and stop nitpicking over things.

Back to the topic at hand, I don't want to see the Boys sign Law. His age (31) and foot injury concern me a great deal. He also wants a big contract. I would rather see that money spent on a young CB like Rolle, Lucas, or Dyson.

BTW, neither Rolle, Lucas, Dyson, or Law will sign here to play safety. Safeties get less money than CBs. All four still have the ability to be solid CBs in the league and will want to stay in that position. And why would Lucas, who at 26, agree to play FS when he's been successful as a CB? Heck, why would any team want to convert Lucas to FS in the first place?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas Ace wrote:
I don't want Law PERIOD. He's 31 and I want a yonuger guy AND he is in the same mold as Ronde Barber, great ZONE corners but not so much in man. Give me Lucas, Rolle, or anyone younger, just as long as it isn't a scrub.

Law is one of the best physical corners in the league. That is what makes him one of the best man corners in the league...

31 hmm...doesn't that make him younger than Bledsoe?

Last I heard, BP and JJ are wanting to win now so to bring in veterens that could provide leadership and also start would be a great step in the series of events that will have to occur for the boys to have even an outside chance at making the playoffs...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't compare Law with Bledsoe, as they play different positions. In addition, you have to look at their respective positions and the market - Bledsoe was the only experienced, quality QB available in FA; the CB group is loaded with talented and younger CBs than Law.

So why take Law when there are "veterans" out there like Rolle, Lucas, and Dyson? Rolle and Lucas will likely get similar contracts as Law, but Law may only play 1 or 2 seasons on his next deal while Rolle and Lucas have 5 to 6 more solid years in them. Additionally, Law is coming off a foot injury. A CB with a foot injury - no thank you. Plus, no one knows how he will perform after being away from the football field for a year. He's not getting any younger and he's past his prime.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rblevens, from what I can tell you are a Pats fan. So you know very well that the Pats play way more zone than they do man. Ty Law is a good corner, but he isn't as good as he seems. Like I said, the same can be said for Ronde Barber, they are really good in zone. Look at Ty Laws best game, 2003 afc championship game vs Colts, 3 picks...ALL in zone. The star still shines has got it right, I'd rather have a younger guy. Not a 31 year old coming off of foot surgery. And Rblevens, saying that he's younger than Bledsoe is not a fair comparison, QB if healthy can be effective until their late 30's the same cannot be said for corner.
Texas Ace

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for posting the same thing you did still shines, but I must've been posting at the same time you were as your last post was not up yet when I decided to post mine. Either way, I can see we're on the same page.
TheStarStillShines

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No need to apologize, Ace. People posting at the same time and posting similar ideas is o.k. No harm, no foul.

BTW, excellent point about the zone defense used by the Pats. The Boys tend to play more man-to-man, pressure coverage as oppose to zones, so could Law play in this scheme especially coming back from a foot injury? Personally, I wouldn't want to take that chance.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Law will be way too expensive to convert to a safety. period

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i believe if we get ty law at FS, Lucas at R-CB, Newman at L-CB, Derrick Johnson at ROLB, Kendrell Bell at MLB, Dat how ever spell his name other MLB, Singleton at LOLB, Shawne Merriman at L-DE, Glover at NT, Ellis at R-DE. That would be a nasty Defense
Coach029

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ty Law will cost us long after he can be effectve if we sign him.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's exactly right, the Cowboys play ALOT more man than they do zone. And as of right now that's a good thing, because we can't play zone for Squat. Lucas or Rolle would be great pickups, but I REALLY hope the dolphins trying to trade Surtain is true. If it's anything other than a 1st rounder that they want, I say make the deal no matter what.
Coach029

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raiders84 wrote:
i believe if we get ty law at FS, Lucas at R-CB, Newman at L-CB, Derrick Johnson at ROLB, Kendrell Bell at MLB, Dat how ever spell his name other MLB, Singleton at LOLB, Shawne Merriman at L-DE, Glover at NT, Ellis at R-DE. That would be a nasty Defense

Show some respect for a solid Cowboy player---DAT NGUYEN

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Raiders84"]i believe if we get ty law at FS, Lucas at R-CB, Newman at L-CB, Derrick Johnson at ROLB, Kendrell Bell at MLB, Dat how ever spell his name other MLB, Singleton at LOLB, Shawne Merriman at L-DE, Glover at NT, Ellis at R-DE. That would be a nasty Defense[/quote]

I agree with it. Should you guys that would be a crazy and unstoppable defense.

Soup Nazi wrote:
I say Roy will be a good player again next season. You can quote me on that.

I quoted you
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: