Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

I THIRST FOR VENGEANCE!!! Steelers vs. Ravens Pt. 2 GDT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sandwiche

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:34 am    Post subject: I THIRST FOR VENGEANCE!!! Steelers vs. Ravens Pt. 2 GDT Reply with quote

They have returned to attempt another sound beating of our beloved

We need a few things to happen.

Notice how in that picture Ben does not have three Ravens lunging towards him and is thus able to make a full throwing motion. This is something I would like to see.

With Woodley possibly out for a while, somebody needs to step up on the pass rush. I have no interest in watching Joe Fricken Flacco dismantle our defense.

I would really enjoy not seeing this man do what he did last game. The Steelers must at least slow him down. Speaking of which

None of us can expect Ngata to be completely shut down. JUST DON'T GIVE HIM A FREE PASS TO THE BACKFIELD PLEASE.

Uh, can't think of anything else to put at the moment. Soooooo

takeonme on the sig
greene91fan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harrison AND Woodley out?

Quote:

Earlier, agent Bill Prise said "I think that is possible" that Harrison wojuld play against Baltimore Sunday night.

"Unless something happens, he will play this week," Parise said.

Parise said Harrison's eye improved tremendously from Thursday to Saturday and the four-time All-Pro linebacker wanted to play but doctors would not let him.

Quote:

If Harrison does not play against Baltimore, the Steelers likely will have three of their four starting linebackers out. Linebacker LaMarr Woodley, who leads the AFC with nine sacks, has a left hamstring injury that likely will keep him out of Sunday's game. And linebacker James Farrior has a torn calf muscle that could keep him out another month.

I'm really hoping this is all just tomfoolery...but it doesn't look good defensively.

Thanks Lysar529 for the sig!

"Arguing with some people is like wrestling with a pig in the mud. The more you do it, the more you realize the pig is enjoying it."
stefan52268

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I missed the Tomlin press conference. Did he update the Woodley injury?

I honestly do not think he will play. No Harrison, Woodley or Farrior and Timmons out of position!!! Not good!

We really could use Worilds. Any update on him?

Props to Lyasr529 on the sweet sig!
at23steelers

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stefan52268 wrote:

I honestly do not think he will play. No Harrison, Woodley or Farrior and Timmons out of position!!! Not good!

He said Worilds will start practicing Wednesday. What a huge test for the young LB's on our team!! Our LB's will be: Timmons, Sly, Foote, Carter / Worilds
superbelt

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravens_rool28

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

superbelt wrote:

lol, classy.

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Muy Oheribble

Somefootballfan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stefan52268 wrote:

EDIT. I had a bad souce, Woodley, Harrison, Farrior and Worilds will mostly likely all miss the Ravens game.

But Woodley said not to count him out. He'll probably try his hardest to play in the Ravens game. But he's supposed to be out for 4 weeks.

Farrior is likely to be out until December. Harrison is week to week, so it's unsure when he'll be back, but Harrison was clearned for practice, so he'll most likely be back for the Bengals game.

Last edited by Somefootballfan on Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:05 pm; edited 4 times in total
superbelt

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravens_rool28 wrote:
superbelt wrote:

lol, classy.

The block is absolutely legal. Itís 100 percent legal. Itís 100 percent ethical. There is no danger whatsoever in the way the block is being executed because itís in front. The adjacent offensive lineman on a run play thatís away can cut the next defender. Itís the defenderís responsibility to not hold the center and keep him from getting him up on the linebacker, who the center is trying to block and expose himself. Itís his job to let that guy go and defend himself. When you choose to keep that center off the linebacker, then youíre choosing to leave yourself vulnerable to get cut in front.
ravens_rool28

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

superbelt wrote:
ravens_rool28 wrote:
superbelt wrote:

lol, classy.

The block is absolutely legal. Itís 100 percent legal. Itís 100 percent ethical. There is no danger whatsoever in the way the block is being executed because itís in front. The adjacent offensive lineman on a run play thatís away can cut the next defender. Itís the defenderís responsibility to not hold the center and keep him from getting him up on the linebacker, who the center is trying to block and expose himself. Itís his job to let that guy go and defend himself. When you choose to keep that center off the linebacker, then youíre choosing to leave yourself vulnerable to get cut in front.

If it's soooo legal and ethical, why was such a big deal made about it after the first game?

If the DL is engaging with the center, wouldn't the other OL going low make it an illegal block?

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Muy Oheribble

waffles7

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just heard Emmanuel Sanders mom passed away today. Crying or Very sad

Hope he plays out of his mind this week for her and demolishes the Ravens secondary!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravens_rool28 wrote:
If it's soooo legal and ethical, why was such a big deal made about it after the first game?

If the DL is engaging with the center, wouldn't the other OL going low make it an illegal block?
Nope. The DL's responsibility to disengage from the Center. Otherwise, cut!

It's legal! That's what I'm saying dude. Can't Wait! It's a tremendously useful technique in run blocking to help spring our RB the way Yanda helped spring Rice in week 1.

I hope Foster helps take Ngata out of these plays so Mendy can run wild.

In a 100% ethical and legal blocking manner. I don't want my team to cheap shot anyone. Just play by the rules.

Last edited by superbelt on Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
superbelt

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

waffles7 wrote:
Just heard Emmanuel Sanders mom passed away today. Crying or Very sad

Hope he plays out of his mind this week for her and demolishes the Ravens secondary!
He has a leg injury too. I think Sanders is out this week. Ward should be back though.

Wallace / Ward / Brown / Cotchery are your WR's this week.
ravens_rool28

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

superbelt wrote:
ravens_rool28 wrote:

Nope. The DL's responsibility to disengage from the Center. Otherwise, cut!

It's legal! That's what I'm saying dude. Can't Wait! It's a tremendously useful technique in run blocking to help spring our RB the way Yanda helped spring Rice in week 1.

I hope Foster helps take Ngata out of these plays so Mendy can run wild.

In a 100% ethical and legal blocking manner. I don't want my team to cheap shot anyone. Just play by the rules.

So if the Steelers end up cutting all game (legally of course), and win, does that make it OK for Ravens fans to - and moan about it like Steelers fans did after the first game?

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Muy Oheribble

superbelt

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure does. If you want.

Maybe the rule will get changed in the offseason if enough people start complaining about it.

Why, are you annoyed at the prospect that your 100 million DT might be exposed to an injury at what some might call an unnecessary, but legal play?
ravens_rool28

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

superbelt wrote:
Sure does. If you want.

Maybe the rule will get changed in the offseason if enough people start complaining about it.

Why, are you annoyed at the prospect that your 100 million DT might be exposed to an injury at what some might call an unnecessary, but legal play?

That DT is exposed to injury every time he's on the field, just like everyone else in the game.

If he gets hurt on a legal play, then all any Ravens fan could really do is grind their teeth and bear with it.

That being said, Haloti's a big boy, he can fend for himself.

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Muy Oheribble

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 1 of 35

Jump to: