Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Man Check Time: Steelers vs Pats Gameday thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:01 pm    Post subject: Man Check Time: Steelers vs Pats Gameday thread Reply with quote

Steelers will win if....

1. Steelers knock Brady out early...

Obviously, this is the easiest road, but not necessarily the most ethical. Although Im sure more than a few Steelers fans wouldnt mind seeing Woodley's kick Brady's clean off in the first quarter.

More realistically...

2. Steelers dont let Brady get into a rhythm

Without James Harrison, this will be a daunting task, especially since they havent even been able to do that with their best pass rusher in the lineup. Timmons has no business on the outside either so that weakens two positions. Worlids might not be ready, but cant be much less effective of a pass rusher off edge as Timmons. Put Timmons back to where he excels and draw up some blitzes there. Be aggressive. If you start depending on sitting back in coverage to slow Brady down, he will pick us apart all game. If we rattle him early and down slow down, we can at the very least get it to the point where he cant sit back and beat up on William Gay and Ryan Clark all game.

3. The Oline gives Ben time...

Despite the Pats pass rush not usually being that great, they still get in Ben's face. We arent going to COMPLETELY shut Brady down and need Ben to be able to make plays to keep our score going up. Its on Ben to get rid of it as well, but if the line breaksdown like it did last year, we dont have a chance....

4. Young Money Crew....do yo thang....

Last year, the Young Money Crew was a big part of the blame for our offensive woes vs the Pats. Ward and Heath Miller have to be included as well. Even when the OLine wasnt breaking down, our receiver were struggling to get open. The Pats got physical with them and beat them at their own game. It is imperative that our WRs find holes in coverage vs the Pats dead last ranked passing defense in the NFL. This defense is mediocre at best. If our guys are as good as we think they are, they will make something happen this week. If they dont...its time to rethink our need at WR, because if we dont have a WR that can beat the jam...we most certainly need one.

5. Mendy runs....no dancing...

Mendy has taken some undeserved heat, but in the end, he does dance and hesitate too much. If this run game is to get off the ground, he needs to find the smallest of creases, hit them with authority, and just run. Not beebopping behind the line of scrimmage, just get what you can up the middle, and more. If that proves too daunting of a task, they need to put Redman and even Moore into the game, and rethink Mendy's role on this team.

Steelers will lose if....

1. Brady goes Gay...

No...not that gay....

Thats the one. "Big Play" Willie Gay has looked semi decent this year. Some Steeler fans contest he has improved under Carnell Lake. I contest that Gay, along with our entire secondary, has benefitted from playing the likes of Kevin Kolb, Blaine Gabbert and Curtis Patiner all year. If Brady consistently locates this known weakness throughout the game, he will be exposed, and come next week the anti-Gay slurs will start up again. Not that there's anything wrong with that....

2) Belichick makes LeBeau "kiss his rings"...

As much as we love LeBeau, he has been BB's beyotch for years. Even in years when our defense seems dominant, Belichick has a way of bringing us back to earth and letting us know LeBeau is indeed human. If LeBeau cannot figure out a way to get around this seemingly psychological hold Belichick and the Pats have over him and this team, this game will be just as ugly as last year....if not worse.

3) The Law Firm practices on Heinz Field

With as much attention as we need to pay to the passing game, we cant forget that the Pats had alot of success vs us on the ground and have a sneaky and underrated rushing attack. If Ellis gets going, this opens up everything, and I dont have to explain what that means for us.

4. Gronk gets loose

Pretty self explanatory. If we cant find away to keep Gronk in check, he will destroy us just like he did last time. Not only that, but we have to do it without taking attention away from the Pats other weapons. And to be honest, with our personnell, especially with Harrison out, Im not entirely sure we can.

5. Get into a shootout

Despite what some Steeler fans think, we can not go head to head with Tom Brady and win. If this becomes a pure offensive game with little defense, Brady will take a dump all over us. Thats just a fact. He has more experience, more dynamic weapons and knows LeBeau's defense back and forth. Not saying we cant compete, but if both Brady and Ben are both playing their best ball vs the opposing defense, Brady will eventually pull ahead.

Again, it goes back to LeBeau to make sure this doesnt happen....

My prediction...
Pats 31
Steelers 23

I see the Steelers keeping it close in the 1st half, but ultimately falling behind late and not being able to catch up.

ENJOY THE GAME, and GO STEELERS!!!!

Sorry fellas....wanted to make this thread more epic....just too much going on right now.

Last edited by FourThreeMafia on Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:13 am; edited 2 times in total
Dcash4

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really well done 43. Write up looks good. Applause

I just hope we have a good defensive plan going in. I said it in one of the other threads, and I really do worry about our defense getting really vanilla.

Id really like our turnover ration to swing a little bit in the other direction this game.
at23steelers

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good write up. Honestly, it comes down to simply can we hold them to field goals in the red zone, and can we score TD's? Last year, Randle El dropped an easy pass and Reed missed a 20 yard field goal. We can't beat ourselves, and can't force anything that could cause a turnover. It's better to throw the ball away then risk a turnover against the Patriots. I'm not too worried about our offensive line, as their defensive line has suffered many injuries and just isn't very good at rushing the passer (10 sacks in 6 games). What's more critical is not allowing any of our offensive line starters to get injured. I know that's like hoping it won't snow this year, but still!! I can get my hopes up!
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Things of note:

Patriots coming off a bye week. They are 9-2 under Belichik the week after the bye and have won 8 straight.

Fortunately for the Steelers their two toughest games of the season are at home although they come consecutively.

Key to the game could be the defensive line getting their hands up. The reason for the majority of the turnovers vs Buffalo were deflected passes by the defensive lineman. We don't typically get to Brady much and he beats us with short quick low lying underneath passes to the tight ends and receivers. Getting hands up will help to block those lanes and lines of site.

Would be nice to see Cris Carter get a few opps to rush...
I'd also like to see a lot of Heyward and Kiesel in on the same sets.

Bye the way ...

This kid just turned 21..If that doesn't make you feel old..

...you have a forum resume?
SouthwestSteel

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Sorry fellas....wanted to make this thread more epic....just too much going on right now.

Hey, it is epic enough, very nice job!

With this game I am hoping we finally pull out of our meagerly take away total for the year, well below normal. A take away or two could really increase the chances for a win. Calling Polamalu and Woodley! And anyone else who can step into the passing lanes and knock balls loose. Keisel has been gaining back some momentum, maybe it is his time.

Like others, my biggest concerns are covering Gronkowski, Welker, and Hernandez, in that order. Would like to see Timmons back at ILB to take better advantage of his coverage skills on the TEs. Not sure how to handle Welker, he is having a a banner year and so far hasn't really been stopped very well.
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SouthwestSteel wrote:
Quote:

With this game I am hoping we finally pull out of our meagerly take away total for the year, well below normal. A take away or two could really increase the chances for a win. Calling Polamalu and Woodley! And anyone else who can step into the passing lanes and knock balls loose. Keisel has been gaining back some momentum, maybe it is his time.

Like others, my biggest concerns are covering Gronkowski, Welker, and Hernandez, in that order. Would like to see Timmons back at ILB to take better advantage of his coverage skills on the TEs. Not sure how to handle Welker, he is having a a banner year and so far hasn't really been stopped very well.

Truthfully, maybe a couple Ryan Clark thumpings with or without the ball. If there is one thing he can do for sure is issue some nasty hits.

skywlker32

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SouthwestSteel wrote:
Quote:

I think by putting Ike on Welker and leaving Farrior in a QB spy zone (short-mid depth in the middle of the field) you would be taking away most of Welker's game. In fact, Farrior in the middle would disrupt a lot of TE routes that Brady likes to hit as well. Farrior is still a smart player, but he just can't run with people anymore. So you work to his strength and let him read the QB in a small area (can change up the area you send him to obviously).

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig.
stefan52268

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustPlainNasty wrote:
Things of note:

Bye the way ...

I just had my second child turn 21 on Monday..... What are you saying? Very Happy
just joking

Props to Lyasr529 on the sweet sig!
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After hearing who Gronkowski spent his "Bye Week" with last week, I couldn't help but bust out laughing at "Gronk Gets Loose"

In all seriousness, having Timmons out at OLB might be a blessing in disguise. Maybe he can stop him Think
SteelTom

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustPlainNasty wrote:
Things of note:

Patriots coming off a bye week. They are 9-2 under Belichik the week after the bye and have won 8 straight.

Fortunately for the Steelers their two toughest games of the season are at home although they come consecutively.

Key to the game could be the defensive line getting their hands up. The reason for the majority of the turnovers vs Buffalo were deflected passes by the defensive lineman. We don't typically get to Brady much and he beats us with short quick low lying underneath passes to the tight ends and receivers. Getting hands up will help to block those lanes and lines of site.

Would be nice to see Cris Carter get a few opps to rush...
I'd also like to see a lot of Heyward and Kiesel in on the same sets.

Bye the way ...

HOLY ISH, I was watching that film last night, such a weird coincidence!

On the game, I'm looking forward to it a lot but I just can't see us overcoming Brady with our secondary. It will be close though, as their defence has been nowhere close to good. Would love to see us grate out a close one, all depends on the pressure we can generate.

Jamison on the sig!
MightyJoeYoung

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustPlainNasty wrote:
Bye the way ...

I don't get it.

Is that the vampire film?

Anyway, 43M, brilliant GDT. If only, for the picture of little Jack about to 'Man Check' his own Dad. It reminds me of when I did it to my Dad.

I agree with pretty much everything in this. Even, unfortunately, the prediction. I do feel like with Brady's mortality this year along with as you mentioned their pass defence that it will be a better and closer game and I feel there is a chance that we could win this game, whereas last year, I did not.

Thanks to Joe_is_the_best for the sig

"The King Stay the King"
xjayex

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:47 am    Post subject: Re: Man Check Time: Steelers vs Pats Gameday thread Reply with quote

FINISH HIM!

Fatality. [/b]
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MightyJoeYoung wrote:
JustPlainNasty wrote:
Bye the way ...

I don't get it.

Anyway, 43M, brilliant GDT. If only, for the picture of little Jack about to 'Man Check' his own Dad. It reminds me of when I did it to my Dad.

I agree with pretty much everything in this. Even, unfortunately, the prediction. I do feel like with Brady's mortality this year along with as you mentioned their pass defence that it will be a better and closer game and I feel there is a chance that we could win this game, whereas last year, I did not.

"Jerry McGuire" ...I just read that he celebrated his 21st birthday in Vegas before I posted that. Hard to believe its 16 years later already.

JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MightyJoeYoung wrote:
JustPlainNasty wrote:
Bye the way ...

I don't get it.

"Jerry McGuire" ...I just read that he celebrated his 21st birthday in Vegas before I posted that. Hard to believe its 16 years later already.

JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MightyJoeYoung wrote:
JustPlainNasty wrote:
Bye the way ...

I don't get it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 1 of 35

Jump to: