Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida State
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
JammerHammer21


Joined: 27 Dec 2009
Posts: 25203
Location: Anywhere
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Motor doesn't quit and he is awesome against the run.
_________________

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jeezla


Joined: 03 Mar 2008
Posts: 8976
Location: 805 Cali
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
Motor doesn't quit and he is awesome against the run.


He really reminds me of Patrick Kerney against the run.
_________________

Kilty Sig '15 Wish List: L Collins, D Perryman, S Calhoun, D Greenberry, C Davis, R Mueller, E McCarthy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
williammunney


Joined: 25 Apr 2006
Posts: 121
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His biggest asset is his ridiculous strength. He reminds me of Chris Long at UVA.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jeezla


Joined: 03 Mar 2008
Posts: 8976
Location: 805 Cali
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He needs a cool nickname. Bjoern Ultimatum?
_________________

Kilty Sig '15 Wish List: L Collins, D Perryman, S Calhoun, D Greenberry, C Davis, R Mueller, E McCarthy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Seminolebuc


Joined: 03 Jul 2010
Posts: 967
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezla wrote:
He needs a cool nickname. Bjoern Ultimatum?


Apparently the team calls him The German Thunder
_________________


Props to Eggy
Adopt-a-Buc
Josh Freeman
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Panthers11


Joined: 23 Dec 2007
Posts: 24903
Location: FSU: Go Noles
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Florida State DE's make me nervous.
_________________

The HORNETS are back. Yes We Cam. Giancarlo <3.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
reamer


Joined: 15 Feb 2010
Posts: 256
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panthers11 wrote:
Florida State DE's make me nervous.


Have you seen him play, though? He's very different from former prospects. Werner is extremely physical and powerful. He's not just a small, finesse speed guy. He's big, strong, and plays with great urgency. He reminds me of Justin Tuck or Jared Allen.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
seminoles1


Joined: 10 Jan 2005
Posts: 36110
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

reamer wrote:
Panthers11 wrote:
Florida State DE's make me nervous.
Have you seen him play, though? He's very different from former prospects. Werner is extremely physical and powerful. He's not just a small, finesse speed guy. He's big, strong, and plays with great urgency. He reminds me of Justin Tuck or Jared Allen.
Agreed. He is quite different from just about every DE at FSU over the last decade+.
_________________

To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift-Steve Prefontaine

The future is not set. There is no fate but what we make for ourselves.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
ngo1125


Joined: 17 Jun 2010
Posts: 995
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panthers11 wrote:
Florida State DE's make me nervous.

Honestly, I would be too from past history, but this isn't one of those small quick DEs. Bjoern uses his strength and is looking to go through an OT than run around him even though he has the ability to do so.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
epicMustache


Joined: 19 Jul 2010
Posts: 644
Location: Tallahassee
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's a pretty cool dude, he's married to one of my friends. Definitely easy to spot, he's just a monster of a German...

He's constantly affecting plays that don't reflect on the stat sheet, whether it's turning a runner back inside or driving the tackle into the opposing QB, forcing him to flee from the pocket.

He's an extremely intriguing prospect, and this coming from someone who wasn't high on Everette Brown, and honestly I'm not really that high on Brandon Jenkins / Nigel Bradham as being good transitions to the pro game.

He's big and strong, and last year as a freshman did some nasty work with a bull rush. As has been said in this thread, he's evidently worked on his outside moves and gotten much better at keeping his hands active. Keep an eye on him.
_________________

THE PACK MAN wrote:
... but the Packers wouldnt be as good if they had the 49ers defense.

- Adopt a Buc -
Dekoda Watson: 14 tackles, 1 sack, 1 pass defended, 1 interception
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jeezla


Joined: 03 Mar 2008
Posts: 8976
Location: 805 Cali
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

epicMustache wrote:
He's a pretty cool dude, he's married to one of my friends. Definitely easy to spot, he's just a monster of a German...

He's constantly affecting plays that don't reflect on the stat sheet, whether it's turning a runner back inside or driving the tackle into the opposing QB, forcing him to flee from the pocket.

He's an extremely intriguing prospect, and this coming from someone who wasn't high on Everette Brown, and honestly I'm not really that high on Brandon Jenkins / Nigel Bradham as being good transitions to the pro game.

He's big and strong, and last year as a freshman did some nasty work with a bull rush. As has been said in this thread, he's evidently worked on his outside moves and gotten much better at keeping his hands active. Keep an eye on him.


Tell him to quit football and sign with the Eagles as a UFA after this season.
_________________

Kilty Sig '15 Wish List: L Collins, D Perryman, S Calhoun, D Greenberry, C Davis, R Mueller, E McCarthy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
epicMustache


Joined: 19 Jul 2010
Posts: 644
Location: Tallahassee
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezla wrote:
epicMustache wrote:
He's a pretty cool dude, he's married to one of my friends. Definitely easy to spot, he's just a monster of a German...

He's constantly affecting plays that don't reflect on the stat sheet, whether it's turning a runner back inside or driving the tackle into the opposing QB, forcing him to flee from the pocket.

He's an extremely intriguing prospect, and this coming from someone who wasn't high on Everette Brown, and honestly I'm not really that high on Brandon Jenkins / Nigel Bradham as being good transitions to the pro game.

He's big and strong, and last year as a freshman did some nasty work with a bull rush. As has been said in this thread, he's evidently worked on his outside moves and gotten much better at keeping his hands active. Keep an eye on him.


Tell him to quit football and sign with the Eagles as a UFA after this season.


Hah, no... I need him to help bring us a championship next year! Or at least an ACC championship... we haven't done anything since I've been going here. Argh.
_________________

THE PACK MAN wrote:
... but the Packers wouldnt be as good if they had the 49ers defense.

- Adopt a Buc -
Dekoda Watson: 14 tackles, 1 sack, 1 pass defended, 1 interception
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sbrown


Joined: 30 Dec 2005
Posts: 9255
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeh he's not our typical DE. whats crazy is that he rushes alot to the INSIDE of the tackle instead of outside. he's that powerful. and with additional moves it makes him even more dangerous. i think he could even play inside like a justin smith too
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sbrown


Joined: 30 Dec 2005
Posts: 9255
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeh he's not our typical DE. whats crazy is that he rushes alot to the INSIDE of the tackle instead of outside. he's that powerful. and with additional moves it makes him even more dangerous. i think he could even play inside like a justin smith too
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cheesehead430


Joined: 29 Jan 2006
Posts: 14033
Location: 414/813
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:25 pm    Post subject: q Reply with quote

JJ Watt 2.0
_________________
Go Pack Go...
*Jaboo Tracker*
237/349, 67.9 comp%, 3,820 yards, 38 TD's, 10 INT's
193 rush yards, 4 TD's
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group