Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida State
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Jeezla


Joined: 03 Mar 2008
Posts: 7972
Location: 805 Cali
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:27 pm    Post subject: Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida State Reply with quote

Is he draft eligible?
What are his biggest strengths and weaknesses?



5 sacks, 6 TFL so far this season.
_________________

Kilty Sig '14 Wish List: M Smith, D Bucannon, C Latimer, T Turner, W Aikens, A Williamson, C Jones


Last edited by Jeezla on Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Marky


Joined: 08 Jan 2007
Posts: 2474
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I know is that he's a true sophomore, so he's not draft eligible.
_________________


XBL-theUrbanator69
Student @ smww.com
Twitter: @draft4mark
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jeezla


Joined: 03 Mar 2008
Posts: 7972
Location: 805 Cali
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marky wrote:
All I know is that he's a true sophomore, so he's not draft eligible.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvq0yY4PCV4

The uploader for this scouting vid claims he went to a prep school and accrued a year of eligibility, possibly making him able to enter the 2012 draft.
_________________

Kilty Sig '14 Wish List: M Smith, D Bucannon, C Latimer, T Turner, W Aikens, A Williamson, C Jones
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
incognito_man


Joined: 11 Jan 2007
Posts: 29888
Location: Madison
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw him play live once and I said to myself - "This guy's a future top 5 pick"

I was extremely impressed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ColumbusCrewzer


Joined: 03 Jul 2007
Posts: 7909
Location: VA
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen him play a few times this year and came away really impressed.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Jeezla


Joined: 03 Mar 2008
Posts: 7972
Location: 805 Cali
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
I saw him play live once and I said to myself - "This guy's a future top 5 pick"

I was extremely impressed.


ColumbusCrewzer wrote:
I've seen him play a few times this year and came away really impressed.


What impressed you guys in particular?
_________________

Kilty Sig '14 Wish List: M Smith, D Bucannon, C Latimer, T Turner, W Aikens, A Williamson, C Jones
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ColumbusCrewzer


Joined: 03 Jul 2007
Posts: 7909
Location: VA
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezla wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
I saw him play live once and I said to myself - "This guy's a future top 5 pick"

I was extremely impressed.


ColumbusCrewzer wrote:
I've seen him play a few times this year and came away really impressed.


What impressed you guys in particular?


High motor, fast off the line, and good instincts.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
ngo1125


Joined: 17 Jun 2010
Posts: 995
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big, Strong, and non stop motor. Weakness is probably he is still new to the game than most players his age. Last year, he would just bull rush, now he seems to have more moves.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
reamer


Joined: 15 Feb 2010
Posts: 256
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did a little research. As far as I can tell, he attended the prep school for his normal high school. He was an exchange student from Germany for his last couple years. So he's not draft eligible for one more, because he didn't attend the prep school after graduation. He's a true sophomore.

If he keeps progressing at this fantastic pace, though, then I see no reason why he won't declare as a junior and go top ten. The man has some serious talent. He's also already married, and seems more mature than the average player his age. I'd draft him in heartbeat if I were GM.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ColumbusCrewzer


Joined: 03 Jul 2007
Posts: 7909
Location: VA
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's old for a sophomore.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
reamer


Joined: 15 Feb 2010
Posts: 256
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ColumbusCrewzer wrote:
He's old for a sophomore.


He just turned 21 a couple months ago. How is that old? I mean, I realize that's a year older, perhaps, than the average sophomore, but it's not like he's ancient. It's not like Brandon Weeden, who is a 28 year old senior.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ColumbusCrewzer


Joined: 03 Jul 2007
Posts: 7909
Location: VA
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reamer wrote:
ColumbusCrewzer wrote:
He's old for a sophomore.


He just turned 21 a couple months ago. How is that old? I mean, I realize that's a year older, perhaps, than the average sophomore, but it's not like he's ancient. It's not like Brandon Weeden, who is a 28 year old senior.


If he's a true sophomore he should be like 19. Born in 92. He was born in 90. I just figured he was a few years old for your typical sophomore. I guess he went to a prep school for a year and was probably old for his age to begin with. Brandon Weeden is different. He played baseball before he came to OSU.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Brandon26841


Joined: 01 Jun 2011
Posts: 263
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ColumbusCrewzer wrote:
reamer wrote:
ColumbusCrewzer wrote:
He's old for a sophomore.


He just turned 21 a couple months ago. How is that old? I mean, I realize that's a year older, perhaps, than the average sophomore, but it's not like he's ancient. It's not like Brandon Weeden, who is a 28 year old senior.


If he's a true sophomore he should be like 19. Born in 92. He was born in 90. I just figured he was a few years old for your typical sophomore. I guess he went to a prep school for a year and was probably old for his age to begin with. Brandon Weeden is different. He played baseball before he came to OSU.


Kinda just depends on when you were born and how old you were when you first started school. I'm a junior in college right now, and I'm still 20 (for a few months), but there are a lot of kids that I know that turned 21 during their sophomore years.

Oh yeah. Werner's been really impressive whenever I've seen him. He really stuck out in the Oklahoma game.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bobloblaw86


Joined: 02 Nov 2006
Posts: 9970
Location: Toronto
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ColumbusCrewzer wrote:
reamer wrote:
ColumbusCrewzer wrote:
He's old for a sophomore.


He just turned 21 a couple months ago. How is that old? I mean, I realize that's a year older, perhaps, than the average sophomore, but it's not like he's ancient. It's not like Brandon Weeden, who is a 28 year old senior.


If he's a true sophomore he should be like 19. Born in 92. He was born in 90. I just figured he was a few years old for your typical sophomore. I guess he went to a prep school for a year and was probably old for his age to begin with. Brandon Weeden is different. He played baseball before he came to OSU.


He'll be about to turn 24 if he comes out in 2014, assuming he stays for his senior season. A decent percentage of drafted players are 24, so it's not a big deal. If he leaves early, he'll be 23, which is about the average.
_________________


Jamison. on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jeezla


Joined: 03 Mar 2008
Posts: 7972
Location: 805 Cali
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another sack today vs Maryland.
_________________

Kilty Sig '14 Wish List: M Smith, D Bucannon, C Latimer, T Turner, W Aikens, A Williamson, C Jones
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group